Lashlee's career prospects improving

aubiefifty

30 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Lashlee was Gus'ed during the uga game. FWIW. 

How about the week leading up to the UGA game?  SW had not thrown in practice, according to reports, for two weeks.  Was there any QB throwing to the WR?  If so, who?  If Gus didn't trust JFIII to pass, what was his role in practice that week, JJ's?  So many questions that we will never know the answer to.

It amazes me that we were not prepared for different scenarios that could happen due to injuries in that game, or at least it seems that way.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, shabby said:

Are you serious? In terms of play calling or  not making a switch at quarterback. Honestly, I have less qualms with the play calling in that game as nothing was working (running or passing) and I'm not sure anything would've worked. But the decision to remain with White from start to finish was head scratching.

Play calling.  

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

How about the week leading up to the UGA game?  SW had not thrown in practice, according to reports, for two weeks.  Was there any QB throwing to the WR?  If so, who?  If Gus didn't trust JFIII to pass, what was his role in practice that week, JJ's?  So many questions that we will never know the answer to.

It amazes me that we were not prepared for different scenarios that could happen due to injuries in that game, or at least it seems that way.

Not sure on the two weeks but didn't throw during the week of uga. I'm also amazed. 

20 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Decent throws not coming from a noodle-armed QB might have worked.  We kept trying to pass when Sean couldn't deliver the ball.  Bad playcalling.  A series from JJ or JF3 might have worked to get us in field goal range.  Gus didn't trust his other QBs and didn't trust his defense.  He kept the same injured QB out there even though ALL of us could see that he was getting nothing on his throws and the UGA D wasn't respecting anything beyond 10 yards.

To the contrary....he was 100% counting on his defense to hold the game close until the O could find a way to score another TD.  

And not saying that SW was hitting his spots but the WRs could have helped him and the team with a few pretty easy catches.   Just a bad game.....it happens.

I wish Rhett nothing but the best but it is time for a change.  I hope he gets a HC job offer and we move on and bring in a big time OC.  We have wasted a year of eligibility of the most outstanding freshman WR class we could ever hope to have and we have to get those guys going next year.  

I am infuriated if Gus took playcalling back from Rhett. THAT is a fireable offense IMO. To intentionally go away from what was working. I think I may be getting off the bus if he's sabotaging the offense by way of wanting to be in control. Of all people he should know how OC's feel when HC's try to put their OC's on a leash. Unacceptable and, if true, is showing that Gus is setting his own selfish desires as a higher priority than the good of the team. I THOUGHT HE MADE A HUGE STEP IN LEARNING TO BE A HEAD COACH. If he doesn't trust a guy who he saw grow through puberty he ain't gonna trust anybody even when we are gashing defenses.  His sideline demeanor certainly looked more directly engaged over the last 2 games than when he did when we were running off 5 straight before the Vandy game. I am so pissed that this is possibly happening right now.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Play calling.  

Yeah, I'm completely shocked there.

I'm really liking Steele's defense but I've pretty much had my fill of the Gus clown show.

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Lashlee was Gus'ed during the uga game. FWIW. 

You´re probably right. In any case, it all falls back on Gus, he´s the head coach. The play calling might have been OK if we weren´t playing with an injured QB, which falls back on both Lashlee and Gus.

On 10/26/2016 at 1:01 PM, bryanlooney said:

He lost me at "perspective employers." 

Yes.  Half empty or half full.  50/50.  :wareagle:

Even though we beat LSU, we kicked 6 FG's. And what about the Georgia game? We only scored 1 touchdown. If Gus keeps Lashlee, Malzahn's seat will get hotter because an 8-4 record is the best we can ever hope for.

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Even though we beat LSU, we kicked 6 FG's. And what about the Georgia game? We only scored 1 touchdown. If Gus keeps Lashlee, Malzahn's seat will get hotter because an 8-4 record is the best we can ever hope for.

Your preaching again a4e

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

Has anyone heard anything on job opportunities for CRL? 

I heard Steve Moulton (sp?) say on the radio he had already agreed to be the HC at Georgia State.  To be announced after the Iron Bowl.

WDE!

If this is true, how do you see the coaching staff shaping up?  I don't see anyone coming in that philosophy is different than CGM, including AB, KB, etc. Not putting the cart before the horse,  but my guess is hand at oc and Ryan apling at qb coach. 

22 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

I heard Steve Moulton (sp?) say on the radio he had already agreed to be the HC at Georgia State.  To be announced after the Iron Bowl.

WDE!

Well... Good Luck Rhett.

We will see you in a couple of years as the new HC of Auburn when JJ makes the call. 

21 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

WDE!

Not sure why Moulton would be privy to that information. Not sure Moulton has any inside track with Auburn, but perhaps he heard it from a "reliable source". :dunno:

Meanwhile looks like KB lost his magic at Baylor when dad left....or maybe when his QB went down several games ago....fair number of points an@d yards but few wins.A

18 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Not sure why Moulton would be privy to that information. Not sure Moulton has any inside track with Auburn, but perhaps he heard it from a "reliable source". :dunno:

Me neither, but that's what he said.

Dye seems to have a good rapport with co-host and apparent sponsor of everything on regional radio, Wes Neighbors.

WDE!

1 minute ago, MadtownTiger said:

Me neither, but that's what he said.

Dye seems to have a good rapport with co-host and apparent sponsor of everything on regional radio, Wes Neighbors.

WDE!

Can't stand Wes Neighbors, that Bama Homer. He is the reason I will not listen to that show. And I realize it is the Wes Neighbors Show.

Just saying ...

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Your preaching again a4e

AKA Captain Obvious?

1 hour ago, jacksrc said:

If this is true, how do you see the coaching staff shaping up?  I don't see anyone coming in that philosophy is different than CGM, including AB, KB, etc. Not putting the cart before the horse,  but my guess is hand at oc and Ryan apling at qb coach. 

Absolutely no clue at this point.  None whatsoever.  I often go out of my way to defend our players and coaches, but I do like discussing such things.

Since CGM's coaching tree consists of pretty much Lashlee (which I suppose makes it more of a post), Aplin makes as much sense as anyone else.

I did take a quick look at guys Steele has coached with and two former Clemson coordinators stood out.

Chad Morris (HC/Southern Methodist).  He just finished his second year, and both have been disasters defensively.  I mean it's SMU, so they probably can't be too picky, but maybe  one side or the other can see the writing on the wall.  He runs a system very similar to Malzahn's.

Billy Napier (WR/uat).  Different direction entirely.  I don't what kind of coach he is, but his 247 profile as a recruiter is truly impressive.

WDE!

16 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Can't stand Wes Neighbors, that Bama Homer. He is the reason I will not listen to that show. And I realize it is the Wes Neighbors Show.

Just saying ...

Same here.  I was close to home and unplugged my phone.  My wife had terrestrial radio tuned in to NPR so started cycling through the presets.  And there they were, talking about Lashlee and GSU.

I can't stand the guy in the morning, Drew Dearmond.  He's got to be the worst radio personality of all time.  He mouth breathes into the microphone, he mumbles and stammers through live reads, and he's more of a uat shill than Neighbors.  I'll give him (or his producer) credit, he does have good guests for War Eagle Wednesday.

WDE! 

Archived