gus on kerryon johnson

aubiefifty

The only to get an ankle sprain well is to stay off it.  If it is not completely well he needs to sit and let the other guys handle it.  If he tries to play too soon he will only end up re-injuring it and adding to the recovery time.  Wait till it is well.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

No I think it's spot-on. The "high/low" description of a sprain is not severity, but rather location.

coaches don't want any info out...so take it for what it is. Tune in this sat!

A high ankle sprain is an injury to the anterior tibiofibular ligament. It occurs when there is external rotation to the ankle. Basically when the bottom of your foot rolls to the outside as opposed to when the bottom of the foot points inward or towards the other leg.

I think KJ could go, and I think we need him. I don't want to see KP carry the ball 39 times again. 

JMHO but KJ reminds me of Kenny Irons more than any other back we've had. 

I haven't seen enough of KMart to draw any comparisons yet. 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

To me, no one we have had hits the hole as hard as Kenny did. One of my all time favorites.

Well......... besides Joe Bonomolo of course!!! lol.......

38 minutes ago, bigbird said:

A high ankle sprain is an injury to the anterior tibiofibular ligament. It occurs when there is external rotation to the ankle. Basically when the bottom of your foot rolls to the outside as opposed to when the bottom of the foot points inward or towards the other leg.

Correct.... I've had both. The low i tapped it up and sucked it up and played. The high I wish it was a fracture....would have healed faster and not lingered. That was a long summer or baseball .

23 hours ago, McLoofus said:

He's a year more experienced, he knows he's the man this year, and he did gain 10-15 lbs, but I think the biggest difference is the role he's been given by the coaches. They weren't just blowing smoke when they compared him to DMac coming in. 

KJ was still 15 lbs heavier and a couple inches taller last year. KM would need to gain at least 30 lbs to get to where KJ is now as a SO. 

However, KI split the difference between KM and KJ and played at a listed weight of 201, so IDK, maybe I'm OK with what you said about KM relative to KJ. JK. 

That's a lot of K's my friend.?

KJ is one of my favs, but I'm glad he was able to take more time to heal tonight. We still have a long road ahead and I want him as close to 100% as he can get!

4 hours ago, AidiAU said:

KJ is one of my favs, but I'm glad he was able to take more time to heal tonight. We still have a long road ahead and I want him as close to 100% as he can get!

Could have played, but it became quite apparent that we didn't need him this night. Might as well give him some additional time to mend. He was practicing on the ankle and cutting pretty well. Trainers had him heavily taped but ready if we needed. 

On 10/23/2016 at 3:53 AM, passthebiscuits said:

Could have played, but it became quite apparent that we didn't need him this night. Might as well give him some additional time to mend. He was practicing on the ankle and cutting pretty well. Trainers had him heavily taped but ready if we needed. 

I hope you are right, because we will need him to beat the better defenses left on our schedule. KP has run well, but we still face three pretty good rushing defenses, Vandy, Ga, and Bama. Will need KJ to complete the home stretch. 

On 10/22/2016 at 0:53 PM, bigbird said:

Link? 

On 10/22/2016 at 1:53 PM, bigbird said:

Look at the BigBrain on BigBird!

Archived