3 AU players on ESPN's Midseason All-America Squad

hikerdns

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yea... but Garrett is a highlight reel, so these talking heads at ESPN see him week in and week out. Last week was Lawson's first major highlight worthy sack (not to diminish any sack as they are all good). Lawson is all go and no show, and that's the way we like him.

Garrett is also lucky that we were stupid enough to run the same play twice to give him 2 easy sacks in our game. Still ticks me off. lol

2 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Like Carlos Rogers - once opposing teams realized how good he was, they rarely went at him. But you can bet NFL talent scouts are watching and liking what they see out of Davis!

Sadly, probably liking it so much that we only get him for one more year.

13 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Sadly, probably liking it so much that we only get him for one more year.

Now I'm sad. :(

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Yea... but Garrett is a highlight reel, so these talking heads at ESPN see him week in and week out. Last week was Lawson's first major highlight worthy sack (not to diminish any sack as they are all good). Lawson is all go and no show, and that's the way we like him.

Not sure I'd say Garrett has been any "flashier" this year than Lawson. He is just more known on a national stage because he hasn't missed time over the last few years with injuries like Lawson has. 

Just now, WDEKC said:

Not sure I'd say Garrett has been any "flashier" this year than Lawson. He is just more known on a national stage because he hasn't missed time over the last few years with injuries like Lawson has. 

I think he's gotten more, untouched, highlight reel hits (in part thanks to our less than stellar game planning).  It also took Carl a while to get the sacks rolling this year.

Archived