Who is the second best coach in the SEC right now?

gr82b4au

4 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Ha, I'm not sure an Auburn fan wants to hold that standard given our history of major infractions (like, for example, the fact that Shug's 1957 team was on probation for paying players). To each his own though.

Personally, I think coaching is coaching, and what Freeze is doing hasn't been done in Oxford in a very, very long time, if ever.

Mullen is getting rightly bagged this year, but it doesn't erase what he did before and during Dak's tenure. This is his 8th year at MSU. He took over a program with one winning season in the eight prior years before he arrived. One winning season in eight years; overall record of 29-65 in that time. 36 games under .500. In the seven years under Mullen, the same program is 55-35 with one losing season; 20 games over .500. I mean, that's a crazy level of failure and an almost perfect turnaround. I think people underrate how bad a job that is.

Everybody paid their players back then until the mid 80's. I know for a fact and seen it with my own eyes.

What?!? 

No mention of Smart?

Love that guy!  Hoping UGA extends his contract 10years.

And right soon!

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

17 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

lionheart, you and I have a different standard of "proven." If you're talking about the prior notice of allegations (not proven because there still hasn't been a hearing), the most significant allegations centered around Houston Nutt's tenure. If you're talking about rumors of what the NCAA is currently investigating, those are rumors. They haven't even concluded the investigation, much less "proven" anything.

I know folks want to believe everything they hear about opposing schools, but allegations against Ole Miss have no more been "proven" than the mud slung at Auburn in 2010. 

By proven, I was referring to Laremy Tunsil admitting that he was paid. You don't get any more proven than that. And that was not on Nutt's watch.

On 10/20/2016 at 6:12 PM, augolf1716 said:

Everybody paid their players back then until the mid 80's. I know for a fact and seen it with my own eyes.

is that when you retired?

On 10/20/2016 at 7:12 PM, augolf1716 said:

Everybody continued to pay their players past the mid 80s.  Then everyone started paying parents of players once it became too hard to get away with paying players.  Paying parents is still in vogue.  

wde

Archived