anyone want to admit that so far

aubiefifty

steele and rhett have done a much better job than a whole bunch of folks on this board wanted to give credit to? sometimes eating a little crow is a good thing. i remember one guy who eaither works with the team or observes a lot saying rhett did absolutely nothing at practice. cmon guys have fun and admit you were mistaken....so far. i mean if all our fears were true we would be a very bad team right now. i was down on gus earlier because i was getting tired of the same ol same ol but i shut up because i believe the man is trying. i cannot imagine how scary it is to let people do what you once did and end up living or dying by their abilities. so i will be the first to eat crow. sorry coach.

and as an aside i believe a and m will beat bama. you heard it here first.  WAR EAGLE BABY!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh and i hope this does not get deleted. gosh i believe i am setting a record on deleted threads this season and no one ever says why so i am left to wonder........but for the record i started this thread for fun and not dog fights........

I was exceptionally happy to see the offense breaking some habits, like breaking the huddle quick to get up to the line and run a toss sweep every time...you've gotta be able to have other options off of the play for it to work properly. The entire MSU defense reacted to the fake pitch, they were so tuned into that tendency.

Steels has done a great job. As far as Rhett goes, we'll see how his playing calling stacks up again Arkansas, Ole Miss, Georgia and Alabama. Our offense would do better with a new OC/QB coach.

I think offense is still a work in progress, with a lot of promise.I'm cautiously optimistic with that side. Defensively, yeah, people need to come correct with Steele. He's done a marvelous job to this point. I think some people also need to give Garner some respect as well. This is the best d-line we've had in forever.

Nice post!  I agree and will happily admit that I was about ready to see Gus and Company canned after TAMU but I couldn't be happier that It appears I may have been wrong!  Crow is always tastier after a win.  I'll have a second helping please...

I've been very impressed with the defense thus far. The offense is better, but I'm not sure if it's CRL, quality of opponent or the fact our starting center was injured and the OL reshuffling has actually produced a better unit.  Unsure at this point. I still believe we need to throw it more. Just my two cents....

11 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

I've been very impressed with the defense thus far. The offense is better, but I'm not sure if it's CRL, quality of opponent or the fact our starting center was injured and the OL reshuffling has actually produced a better unit.  Unsure at this point. I still believe we need to throw it more. Just my two cents....

I think that's a big deal. For whatever reason, the unit just didn't seem to click under Dampeer very well, but looked better yesterday than it has against any of the Power 5 opponents we've played so far. I'm thinking Darius James probably stepped up enough to fill in at LT so that having him there and Golson at center is simply a better mesh. Maybe it was just because Dampeer still isn't 100%, and maybe MSU doesn't have the DL weapons Clemson and A&M do, but they looked much improved to me.

Defense has been getting better and better. Offense, well we'll see how we do against someone with a pulse. First half game plan was good against MSU

Not ready to get back on the Gus bus just yet,but I am thinking of buying a ticket.I would like to see a few more games before making up my mind,but we do seem to be going in the right direction.HOPE IT CONTINUES!

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Steels has done a great job. As far as Rhett goes, we'll see how his playing calling stacks up again Arkansas, Ole Miss, Georgia and Alabama. Our offense would do better with a new OC/QB coach.

A new QB coach? One that could get SW above 70%? ???

Steele yes. In terms that he has not tried to mess with the foundation that Muschamp's D staff built last season and has built on it.  Rhett, no.  Still dumb play calls that will hurt us badly against Ole Miss, uga and spuat.

wde

12 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Steele yes. In terms that he has not tried to mess with the foundation that Muschamp's D staff built last season and has built on it.  Rhett, no.  Still dumb play calls that will hurt us badly against Ole Miss, uga and spuat.

wde

Smh I can't explain how much I hate that I didn't come and write this earlier......But this is pretty much what I think I was going to write

Just now, cole256 said:

Smh I can't explain how much I hate that I didn't come and write this earlier......But this is pretty much what I think I was going to write

If a serious and not a sarcastic response....Thanks!

wde

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I think that's a big deal. For whatever reason, the unit just didn't seem to click under Dampeer very well, but looked better yesterday than it has against any of the Power 5 opponents we've played so far. I'm thinking Darius James probably stepped up enough to fill in at LT so that having him there and Golson at center is simply a better mesh. Maybe it was just because Dampeer still isn't 100%, and maybe MSU doesn't have the DL weapons Clemson and A&M do, but they looked much improved to me.

Leff has improved too.

Defense has been very good.  Steele has done a good job, as they seem to be well coached. Linebacker play is so much better, seems our best talent at that position was on the bench last season. Offensive coaching is still a work in progress. We have a QB completing almost 75% of his passes on first, and second down, yet Lashlee continues to run the ball 80-85% of the time on first down. THIS DRIVES ME INSANE!,. This philosophy works on teams we can overpower, but will cost us down the road if it continues. With a little tweaking, and if Lashlee would turn Sean loose the sky's the limit for this team. 

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

Defense has been very good.  Steele has done a good job, as they seem to be well coached. Linebacker play is so much better, seems our best talent at that position was on the bench last season. Offensive coaching is still a work in progress. We have a QB completing almost 75% of his passes on first, and second down, yet Lashlee continues to run the ball 80-85% of the time on first down. THIS DRIVES ME INSANE!,. This philosophy works on teams we can overpower, but will cost us down the road if it continues. With a little tweaking, and if Lashlee would turn Sean loose the sky's the limit for this team. 

especially when you consider Kyle Davis and other WRs seem to get open AT WILL across the middle of the field.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

especially when you consider Kyle Davis and other WRs seem to get open AT WILL across the middle of the field.

What us amazing to me is that Sean's completion percentage is so high, considering how many times he has to throw on third and eight plus.

16 minutes ago, alexava said:

Leff has improved too.

By "they" I meant the entire unit. I agree that Leff has been playing good football.

20 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

What us amazing to me is that Sean's completion percentage is so high, considering how many times he has to throw on third and eight plus.

When he has time he is deadly! sees the field so well. its so great to see a guy read defenses like he does. I do not get why they do not trust him more. he is a good decision maker.

Rhett is coaching like someone lit a match under his fanny. He is coaching for his job. Obviously there will be calls that leave us scratching our head, but that will happen with any coaching staff. Defense is stellar. Need to keep building with this young group and we will continue to improve. 

I never got off of the Gus Bus. I did though spend a fair amount of time in the bathroom on the bus throwing up a good deal.  It is hard to speak bad about the team and coaches. They did a super job preparing the team and did an excellent job during the game. Most of us would have liked a better 2nd half. However,I think at the point of being 35 points ahead, Gus gave some of the reserves a chance to play against SEC opponents for needed experience.

This win came at the best time for the team so that they can heal up and be ready for the pigs in 2 weeks. I hope that we will be in the top 25. When we beat the pigs, we should move up a good deal in the rankings. This season is starting to look like a good one for us.

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

When he has time he is deadly! sees the field so well. its so great to see a guy read defenses like he does. I do not get why they do not trust him more. he is a good decision maker.

reminds me a lot of Drew Brees

Archived