**Mississippi State vs. Auburn - Game Thread**

WarTiger

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is pissing me off . There's no reason for state to be doing jack at this point. bull**** 1st down spot by refs and bull**** fumble call. This is why I don't like taking the foot off the gas. Run the plays that got you the 35 until they can stop you from scoring.

1 minute ago, hutchids said:

if you missed the first half and someone told you it was 35-0 at half, you'd think MSU was killing us after that 3rd. Is stattiger on? What the heck did we start doing in the 3rd that changed things in their favor?

We didn't change much.  The refs handed them 2 huge calls.

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

My only complaint is that if we are gonna leave Sean in, then let's run the entire offense, it's not like he's super experienced and doesn't need the work. If all we are do is run time and handoff, then put Franklin in and get some reps, maybe bust one open. 

Yeah, pretty sure they know the run up the middle is coming by now. Apparently their plan coming out of the half was to run KP 30 times and never think about passing.

1 minute ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Zero play calling. Bad breaks leading to unfocused players. Thats tthe 3rd quarter. Someone in a lockerroom did not do their job

Zero play calling!

4 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

Foot off gas. Let the opponent get momentum back and get the crowd back in it. This seems to be the M.O. of Gus. >:(

All started by running the same damn play 9 times in a row on offense. 

1 minute ago, leglessdan said:

This is pissing me off . There's no reason for state to be doing jack at this point. bull**** 1st down spot by refs and bull**** fumble call. This is why I don't like taking the foot off the gas. Run the plays that got you the 35 until they can stop you from scoring.

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

We need a stand here!!! If they get a td and we stay conservative then we let them back inn the game

yep...

4 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

My only complaint is that if we are gonna leave Sean in, then let's run the entire offense, it's not like he's super experienced and doesn't need the work. If all we are do is run time and handoff, then put Franklin in and get some reps, maybe bust one open. 

This logic is too good for us 

We have a large lead. They are trying to run the clock and shorten the game. That's what you do.  Do I wish we would drive it and score? Yes. That said, they are calling the type of plays they need to.

Turnovers are never good for gaining momentum. Need to stop them and score on our next possession. 

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

All started by running the same damn play 9 times in a row on offense. 

CRL wondering how they figured out our O?

we do NOT need to get Shut out in the second half on O.

Need one or two scores.

Just now, bigbird said:

We have a large lead. They are trying to run the clock and shorten the game. That's what you do.  Do I wish we would drive it and score? Yes. That said, they are calling the type of plays they need to.

Do you know why they only use Pettway though? I mean, are they trying to give him 45 carries? Seems like he needs a break.

I get so sick of watching other teams look better and better as the game goes on, yet we always look pitiful in the second half. Great teams get stronger as the game progresses. Between the refs and the second half play calling I'm about to turn of the TV before I have an anxiety attack.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

The voice of sanity. 

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

Looks like we are just trying to escape with a win instead of Taking it. D needs to bow up and end this one now.

The goal for the 3rd quarter was to move the clock...which we did....just Gus...that's how he does it...'

Archived