**Mississippi State vs. Auburn - Game Thread**

WarTiger

Just now, AU64 said:

They were going for the hammer...I'm fine with that..

I am fine with it too, if you realize you are going to go for it, if it doesn't work. Pointless to do that, knowing you are going to punt if it fails when you have a sure thing in KP.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Everyone would be celebrating if that play call had been complete...amazing how an unsuccessful play ends up being about the play call...

Amen, sir.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Come on man. 3rd and 1? I am fine if he does that KNOWING he is going for it on 4th down, but you are dominating the line. Just run it right there.

Yep. 

Just now, Tiger said:

I think its safe to say that the game of rock, paper, scissors that Gus and RL used to play to decide who was going to call the next playcall was slowing us down

and I think gus as Head coach just got WAY too conservative... Lashlee is calling it Like Gus used to when he was OC and as Head coach but willing to take chances and open it up...

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That statement works if you have any worry that you will get stopped. I have none that our OL couldn't push for ONE yard. 

Yeah buts it's usually designed to throw 30 or 40 yards. Not just pick up a first down. Trust me I'd rather run most times in that situation but keeping the defense guessing is also important.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I am fine with it too, if you realize you are going to go for it, if it doesn't work. Pointless to do that, knowing you are going to punt if it fails when you have a sure thing in KP.

probably would have gone for it...but SW lost a couple yards...which changed the odds...but meanwhile...are we over-working KP today?  

Just now, AU64 said:

probably would have gone for it...but SW lost a couple yards...which changed the odds...but meanwhile...are we over-working KP today?  

Yes we are. I would like to see some more martin

1 minute ago, JGLEATON said:

and I think gus as Head coach just got WAY too conservative... Lashlee is calling it Like Gus used to when he was OC and as Head coach but willing to take chances and open it up...

Hopefully Gus gets more confidence as time goes

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I think its safe to say that the game of rock, paper, scissors that Gus and RL used to play to decide who was going to call the next playcall was slowing us down

I thought it was a spin Twister board of plays :dunno:. Either way it sucked.

we need to knock them out. going up 4 scores is the knockout

Archived