**Mississippi State vs. Auburn - Game Thread**

WarTiger

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WEagle24 said:

I don't really like the call, but it's not that bad. We're dominating them, no reason to give them any momentum if they stop the 4th down.

Agreed!

Everyone would be celebrating if that play call had been complete...amazing how an unsuccessful play ends up being about the play call...

Just now, WarTiger said:

1st play call today that I didn't agree with.  Not a good idea IMO when we've pounded them with the run.

Great play call if you have already made up your mind to go for it on 4th down 

1 minute ago, hutchids said:

first dumb play call

Unless it works then it's brilliant. I like the diversity and not playing it safe occasionally on 3rd and 1

Just now, AUIH1 said:

Dumb call on 3rd down.  We are kicking their butt.  No need to be cute.

wde

I kinda liked the call....if we were up by only 7 go for the 1st down. Up by 21 and how the defense is playing? Go for the kill. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Everyone would be celebrating if that play call had been complete...amazing how an unsuccessful play ends up being about the play call...

It was just forced. How many times did they stop pettway for less than one?

Just now, AU64 said:

Come on man. 3rd and 1? I am fine if he does that KNOWING he is going for it on 4th down, but you are dominating the line. Just run it right there.

Just now, shabby said:

Unless it works then it's brilliant. I like the diversity and not playing it safe occasionally on 3rd and 1

That statement works if you have any worry that you will get stopped. I have none that our OL couldn't push for ONE yard. 

dang, Tre Williams... wow.... 4th down!

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Come on man. 3rd and 1? I am fine if he does that KNOWING he is going for it on 4th down, but you are dominating the line. Just run it right there.

They were going for the hammer...I'm fine with that..

I think its safe to say that the game of rock, paper, scissors that Gus and RL used to play to decide who was going to make the next playcall was slowing us down

Have not had this much fun watching our defense since Tuberville was here

Archived