Jon Huntsman, other Republicans call on Trump to drop out of the race

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

The only real enthusiasm I saw from Democrats was relative to Bernie Sanders.  Hillary is not an engaging person that motivates me to support her when I listen to her.  The only thing that motivates me to support her at all is that she is not Trump.  Without her opponent making a fool of himself on a regular basis, she would not enjoy this advantage.  In a fight between her and a candidate like Kasich or Rubio, I think the latter picks up the moderates and a rather convincing win.  Unfortunately, we do not get to know.

What do you hear now?  Hillary will make such a fantastic President?  No.  You may hear that, but I do not.  You hear how bad Trump would be.  There is less pro-Hillary sentiment and more anti-Trump sentiment.  You may count me among them.  I would have voted for Kasich.  This was a very winnable election for the Republicans, had they not gone full potato with their nomination.

agree on all points. Kasich was a close 2nd to me after Bernie. I didn't like Rubio until after he dropped out, but would love to have him as a choice now. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, alexava said:

agree on all points. Kasich was a close 2nd to me after Bernie. I didn't like Rubio until after he dropped out, but would love to have him as a choice now. 

I would have preferred Sanders myself, but I was talking about Republicans versus Hillary.  That said, I think Kasich would have been able to accomplish more than Sanders would have with a hostile Congress.

Just now, Strychnine said:

I would have preferred Sanders myself, but I was talking about Republicans versus Hillary.  That said, I think Kasich would have been able to accomplish more than Sanders would have with a hostile Congress.

Exactly. The rescue of the middle class is what i like about Bernie. Congress would have never cooperated with him making most of what i admired about him void. I was not as impressed with Kasich on Trade and Economics but he was the only candidate that had a plan that he would share and explain that he had experience with. As far as social issues i didn't agree with some of his positions but he was not so bullheaded about them that he could not be flexible. He just seemed like a guy who would work things out sensibly. Hell, i have never even met a person i agree with on everything.

Only politically based comment the remainder of 2016 and beyond.

Johnson/Weld the only ticket with governance experience running. I'm all in. Dillary Tlinton can share a cell together in Haiti. 

God Help America. ;) 

Ask yourself this question:  What was it about Trump that so many primary voters liked enough to choose him over Cruz, Rubio, Bush, et al.?  Do you think it was that most voters found him more socially conservative than those guys?  Or do you think it was something else?

There was a lot of anti-establishment sentiment in the primary. Drumpf won because he was appealing directly to a section of the Republican base that they are normally too polite and sensible to make direct appeals to (because, to anyone not in that part of the base, it looks ugly). So he had about a third of Republican primary voters squarely behind him and there were more than a dozen other candidates splitting the vote.

The only obvious person that could have stopped him was Jeb Bush, who ran a weak enough campaign that his endorsement from his own mother said he was one of her four favorite children. The second place candidate was Ted Cruz, and as far as I know no one who’s ever met him likes Ted Cruz (I know a beltway insider from another forum that remembers him from his Harvard days. Didn't like him then, went on to work for Rob Portman and straight up loathes the guy now).

So basically it was a candidate with a large voting block against a divided field in a winner takes all race. And the person who was able to coalesce the next largest voting block was really disliked.

That is a disgusting photo.  I'm not even sure what to say... except I NEVER want to hear about "morals" and "family values" from anyone who votes for DJT.

9 hours ago, channonc said:

That is a disgusting photo.  I'm not even sure what to say... except I NEVER want to hear about "morals" and "family values" from anyone who votes for DJT.

Ditto on the photo. Deplorable.

Quite sure morality isn't often cited on his campaign. Heaven help us if it is.

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Ditto on the photo. Deplorable.

Quite sure morality isn't often cited on his campaign. Heaven help us if it is.

the people who cite it have declared to support this a**hole. i only know one person i consider intelligent who is supporting him.

12 minutes ago, alexava said:

the people who cite it have declared to support this a**hole. i only know one person i consider intelligent who is supporting him.

Just out of curiosity, please compare/contrast with your Hilary friends if you don't mind. Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, alexava said:

Tomorrow I will sir. Gotta be at work at 5am.

Off to bed young man. Drink two cups and call me in the morning. ;D

Archived