Rape Allegations Refiled Against Trump

AUUSN

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AURaptor said:

So, how exactly would that work ? He's removed from the ticket, Pence runs, and who'd be VP ? 

As I mentioned in the other thread ("Jon Huntsman...."), I don't think it's even possible at this late date, particularly in those states that have already begun early balloting.  What would they do, nullify the ballots of persons who've already voted?  Make them vote over?  What if those people voted early because they knew they had unavoidable conflicts in their schedule--perhaps an overseas trip or scheduled surgery--that would prevent them from voting later? Most states also have qualifying deadlines, if for no other reason than to allow election officials time to have ballots printed or machines set up. Candidates must meet those deadlines under their own name, there's not a 'reserved' spot on the ballot for 'whomever the Republicans submit at the last moment'.

I'm neither a legal expert or an election expert, but I suspect the Republicans are stuck with the horse they rode in on.  But then they chose that horse.  The closest similar event I can recall from my lifetime was when McGovern replaced Sen. Thomas Eagleton as his running mate in 1972.  That change was made after the Convention via a special session of the Democratic National Committee, but well before any qualifying deadlines, before any ballots were printed, and before any early voting occurred.  It also pretty much sunk whatever tenuous hopes McGovern may have had against Nixon in '72. 

For more on the qualifying deadlines in various states, I found this informative: https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_access_for_presidential_candidates    ...looks like deadlines in most states--for President, V.P., or Electors--passed in August or September.

I've seen enough. Hillary is trucking him. Debates over. 35-0 after the first half. ;D

Thought if they pumped him full of Thorazine and Valium (enough to knock out the Budweiser Clydesdale team) he might it through without going nuclear. Guess they didn't do that.

Just now, telling tiger said:

Desperate...............should do the universe a favor and throw the drowning man an anvil.

Never kill an opponent that's committing suicide. 

"I was against the war."

Sept. 11, 2002: Howard Stern asks Trump if he supports invading Iraq. Trump answers hesitantly. “Yeah, I guess so. You know, I wish it was, I wish the first time it was done correctly.”

Alright, Donald.

1 hour ago, quietfan said:

As I mentioned in the other thread ("Jon Huntsman...."), I don't think it's even possible at this late date, particularly in those states that have already begun early balloting.  What would they do, nullify the ballots of persons who've already voted?  Make them vote over?  What if those people voted early because they knew they had unavoidable conflicts in their schedule--perhaps an overseas trip or scheduled surgery--that would prevent them from voting later? Most states also have qualifying deadlines, if for no other reason than to allow election officials time to have ballots printed or machines set up. Candidates must meet those deadlines under their own name, there's not a 'reserved' spot on the ballot for 'whomever the Republicans submit at the last moment'.

I'm neither a legal expert or an election expert, but I suspect the Republicans are stuck with the horse they rode in on.  But then they chose that horse.  The closest similar event I can recall from my lifetime was when McGovern replaced Sen. Thomas Eagleton as his running mate in 1972.  That change was made after the Convention via a special session of the Democratic National Committee, but well before any qualifying deadlines, before any ballots were printed, and before any early voting occurred.  It also pretty much sunk whatever tenuous hopes McGovern may have had against Nixon in '72. 

For more on the qualifying deadlines in various states, I found this informative: https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_access_for_presidential_candidates    ...looks like deadlines in most states--for President, V.P., or Electors--passed in August or September.

How about this? Trump continues to run but vows to resign after he is inaugurated. Then he can be a "winner" but the country would have to live with him as president. Trump might be able to win if people knew that a responsible person would run the country! You don't have to tell me how genius my plan is! I already know. Hee!

1 hour ago, AUUSN said:

You know, just locker room talk...sniiiiiiiiifffffffff

She should not have apologized for the "deplorable" comment.

Archived