Top 4 Wrs based on talent and upside

GwillMac6

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Ahh, the link cops are out. Awesome.

Show me the link where somebody is quoted as saying that Smith isn't succeeding because he used to play quarterback. That's how this works, yes? 

So you agree that the "he isn't on the field because of issues between his ears" is nothing more than a fans opinion?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought jason smiths issue was all effort or lack thereof in practice?

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I thought jason smiths issue was all effort or lack thereof in practice?

Effort, attitude, doghouse... yep. That kind of stuff is my understanding, also. 

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Ahh, the link cops are out. Awesome.

Show me the link where somebody is quoted as saying that Smith isn't succeeding because he used to play quarterback. That's how this works, yes? 

That would work if I actually said Someone said that! I don't even know where you got that QB crap from.  Pull it out of a hat like your prognosis as to why he can't see the field I am sure. 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

That would work if I actually said Someone said that! I don't even know where you got that QB crap from.  Pull it out of a hat like your prognosis as to why he can't see the field I am sure. 

Apologies if I misconstrued "because he's not a natural WO".

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Apologies if I misconstrued "because he's not a natural WO".

Yes that was my estimation 

Hence me saying I predicted and saying IMO right after that.  I never said the coaches or anyone else said it.  I didn't know I needed a link for my own opinion. Guess what? He isn't a natural Wide Out.  He is an athlete who is converted to WR.  That is my opinion based on why I felt before hand he isn't on the field.  Your opinion,  presently,  is because he has an attitude issue. That is your opinion and you have a right to have one but don't speak matter factly, then throw a fit when I ask you where is your proof on the matter.  Quite frankly, neither one of us know why he is not on the field, but that doesn't change the fact that he has fallen from grace. Just eat your crow and say you were wrong on your prediction. Don't blame me for Jason Smith not getting on the field. I chose to believe he is not on the field because the other guys are just better WRs.  You say because it is his attitude. Either way, it us up to him to get on the field. 

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Man..the Friday Scotch has got everybody on edge...

not gonna lie, 72, Hurrican Matthew has me on edge. Mom lives in St. Augustine, which is under water right now. She's fine - she evacuated, but still no word on their home. 

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

not gonna lie, 72, Hurrican Matthew has me on edge. Mom lives in St. Augustine, which is under water right now. She's fine - she evacuated, but still no word on their home. 

Wow prayers up bro

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Oh, well, now you're bringing Real Life into this...  Yes, as far as that goes, trust me, I'm well aware of Hurricane Matthew and am keeping an eye on several people.  I do so hope that your Mom is okay and the house is fine.  God bless her and you!!

Living south of Tampa myself, we were very lucky today and have only seen a lot of wind, etc., but I have good friends on the other coast and haven't been able to contact them yet (though I DO believe they evacuated).

Plus with that said, we're STILL having to keep an eye on it even once it leaves as so many of the meteorologist models have the dang thing picking up steam, circling around, and coming right back at us, here in Florida (several models have it heading directly for our area). 

Yeah, I feel SO badly for those who got hit and are getting hit now.  I've been in Florida for exactly 10 years now and this is the most freaked out that I've ever seen Floridians about a Hurricane.

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Oh, well, now you're bringing Real Life into this...  Yes, as far as that goes, trust me, I'm well aware of Hurricane Matthew and am keeping an eye on several people.
Living south of Tampa myself, we were very lucky today and have only seen a lot of wind, etc., but I have good friends on the other coast and haven't been able to contact them yet (though I DO believe they evacuated).

Plus with that said, we're STILL having to keep an eye on it even once it leaves as so many of the meteorologist models have the dang thing picking up steam, circling around, and coming right back at us, here in Florida (several models have it heading directly for our area). 

Yeah, I feel SO badly for those who got hit and are getting hit now.  I've been in Florida for exactly 10 years now and this is the most freaked out that I've ever seen Floridians about a Hurricane.

That's exactly what they told me. They've only been there for four years. Crazy. Sorry didn't mean to bring the thread down. I've just been watching this coverage closely and simultaneously perusing the boards here and saw your post. Thinking/typing aloud!

Just now, Barnacle said:

That's exactly what they told me. They've only been there for four years. Crazy. Sorry didn't mean to bring the thread down. I've just been watching this coverage closely and simultaneously perusing the boards here and saw your post. Thinking/typing aloud!

No need to feel sorry.  I understand completely! It's good to vent, even if it's to "online friends" and I am absolutely saying prayers for you and your family!!!

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

You'd think Kodi would have a soft spot for a QB turned receiver.

Maybe a combo of a soft spot and high expectations. Excellent point though.

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes that was my estimation 

Hence me saying I predicted and saying IMO right after that.  I never said the coaches or anyone else said it.  I didn't know I needed a link for my own opinion. Guess what? He isn't a natural Wide Out.  He is an athlete who is converted to WR.  That is my opinion based on why I felt before hand he isn't on the field.  Your opinion,  presently,  is because he has an attitude issue. That is your opinion and you have a right to have one but don't speak matter factly, then throw a fit when I ask you where is your proof on the matter.  Quite frankly, neither one of us know why he is not on the field, but that doesn't change the fact that he has fallen from grace. Just eat your crow and say you were wrong on your prediction. Don't blame me for Jason Smith not getting on the field. I chose to believe he is not on the field because the other guys are just better WRs.  You say because it is his attitude. Either way, it us up to him to get on the field. 

Agree...Jason is one of the great mysteries of the past couple years...and certainly this year.   Another guy who seemed to be a special "athlete" but did not have a natural position to play.    His entire career. Juco and otherwise, seems he's been an athlete in search of some position but typically could not crack the line-up against guys with more experience at QB or WR or wherever.  I surprised he's not been tried at DB or something...has the speed and size.

I'm not saying that he's had a wasted career at AU but he always seemed to have more "potential" that he's shown on the field.  So here he is as senior now and a bunch of freshmen are in front of him because they have better long term potential perhaps?   JMO but guess if I were in that position my attitude might not be the best.

22 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Man..the Friday Scotch has got everybody on edge...

Actually, a scotch sounds really good right now. Not because I'm on edge-I'm not-it just sounds really good. Barnacle, man, I hope everything is OK with your mom's house. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Agree...Jason is one of the great mysteries of the past couple years...and certainly this year.   Another guy who seemed to be a special "athlete" but did not have a natural position to play.    His entire career. Juco and otherwise, seems he's been an athlete in search of some position but typically could not crack the line-up against guys with more experience at QB or WR or wherever.  I surprised he's not been tried at DB or something...has the speed and size.

I'm not saying that he's had a wasted career at AU but he always seemed to have more "potential" that he's shown on the field.  So here he is as senior now and a bunch of freshmen are in front of him because they have better long term potential perhaps?   JMO but guess if I were in that position my attitude might not be the best.

I would be pissed too if a few young bucks came in and ended up passing me by. However, I also believe we have true natural WRs with good potential. I also believe (Contrary to what people try infer) that he is the best athlete at the WO position. Still, being the best athlete does not mean you will be the #1, #2 WO on the team. I love our young WRs because they seem to be natural WRs. They catch the ball with their hands. They seem to run good routes. Where they are lacking is the ability to continuous block on the edge. That will come with strength and more game experience. 

24 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

The good news is that I can't ever remember have this many freshmen WR with this much potential at AU... ever. 

You can't say this until you see them on the field.

:poke:

16 minutes ago, AU64 said:

BTW, this is not just an AU thing either. Anybody remember the can't miss athlete Speedy Noil? LSU about had an uprising when he left the state. Then, some kid named Christian Kirk comes as a true freshman and has a 1000 yard season, in became what many saw Speedy Noil role would be. All this to say, I am glad Gus and Co found some special young WRs to come in and hopefully continue to produce on the field.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

BTW, this is not just an AU thing either. Anybody remember the can't miss athlete Speedy Noil? LSU about had an uprising when he left the state. Then, some kid named Christian Kirk comes as a true freshman and has a 1000 yard season, in became what many saw Speedy Noil role would be. All this to say, I am glad Gus and Co found some special young WRs to come in and hopefully continue to produce on the field.

Yep....was really happy to see some "professional" WRs come to AU rather than trying to make WRs out of HS QBs or "athletes" who were jack of all trades in HS.  Time will tell but this WR class looks like the real deal to me.....already....

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You can't say this until you see them on the field.

:poke:

VERY YELLOW FONT . Just throwing that out there for the literal folks. 

42 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Agree...Jason is one of the great mysteries of the past couple years...and certainly this year.   Another guy who seemed to be a special "athlete" but did not have a natural position to play.    His entire career. Juco and otherwise, seems he's been an athlete in search of some position but typically could not crack the line-up against guys with more experience at QB or WR or wherever.  

Not a mystery. He didn't want to be QB2 and there was no hope of unseating JJ. You might remember those of us who suggested Sean might even *push* JJ getting roundly mocked.

He did more than crack the lineup at WR and he produced about as well as he could while only having a legit QB for a small portion of the season. He was a deep threat in an offense that couldn't push the ball downfield. He also got some work running speed sweeps.

Suddenly he's a ghost in a WR corps where Will Hastings has 13 or 14 catches. Does anyone really believe he's suddenly *that* bad at football? Easy answers are easy.

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not a mystery. He didn't want to be QB2 and there was no hope of unseating JJ. You might remember those of us who suggested Sean might even *push* JJ getting roundly mocked.

He did more than crack the lineup at WR and he produced about as well as he could while only having a legit QB for a small portion of the season. He was a deep threat in an offense that couldn't push the ball downfield. He also got some work running speed sweeps.

Suddenly he's a ghost in a WR corps where Will Hastings has 13 or 14 catches. Does anyone really believe he's suddenly *that* bad at football? Easy answers are easy.

Nope, we believe the other guys are better, not to say he doesn't have some sort of tude at all. I do not believe that is the #1 factor though.

Archived