new john franklin article

aubiefifty

After Franklin threw that beautiful TD, the TV camera followed him to the sidelines. Lashlee put an arm around his shoulder and said something that clearly didn't overjoy JF3. Just saying, I wonder what it was? 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

After Franklin threw that beautiful TD, the TV camera followed him to the sidelines. Lashlee put an arm around his shoulder and said something that clearly didn't overjoy JF3. Just saying, I wonder what it was? 

"Don't be out there making TD signs before it's actually a TD, son. We don't hatchet our chickens before they count around here. 'K? K'!"

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

I think what you're talking about happened after his 80 yard run. It was clear to me that JF3 had no reaction. He just went over and celebrated with his teammates. 

I believe we are wasting this guys talent by leaving him on the sideline. I am tired of hearing about how he can't throw the ball. He is lightning in a bottle, and the passes I have seen him throw have looked pretty good. Please put him in a big game for a couple of series, and let him throw 3 or 4 times and prove to me he can't do it. Don't just tell me he can't and expect me to believe it b/c you are the coach and that is your evaluation. If not, at least take Stat's advice and put him in the game as the jet sweep go to guy; but get him on the field.

13 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I think what you're talking about happened after his 80 yard run. It was clear to me that JF3 had no reaction. He just went over and celebrated with his teammates. 

I believe you are correct.  I liked his celebration, his enthusiasm.  Can't imagine what the problem was (if there even was one).

16 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I believe we are wasting this guys talent by leaving him on the sideline. I am tired of hearing about how he can't throw the ball. He is lightning in a bottle, and the passes I have seen him throw have looked pretty good. Please put him in a big game for a couple of series, and let him throw 3 or 4 times and prove to me he can't do it. Don't just tell me he can't and expect me to believe it b/c you are the coach and that is your evaluation. If not, at least take Stat's advice and put him in the game as the jet sweep go to guy; but get him on the field.

are we wasting JJ's talent by sitting him too? He's got far better athletic tangibles than SW and is a perfect sized QB who can run and throw. But he doesn't have it together mentally. 

Ive heard that we may meet the same fate JJ took us to with jf3 starting. 

Also, as bird said to me in another thread, we've known he has a nice deep ball. Doesn't change that his short/intermediate passing game isn't good enough for the coaches to start him. 

They obviously don't feel the need to prove to the fans that jf3 isn't as good of a QB as Sean (right now). We all saw how that wound up when the coaches finally let Jason smith throw it last year. 

You do realize we've got a top 5 SEC QB whose QBR is among some of the better in the nation. And he has done it against some nice defenses. 

30 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Please put him in a big game for a couple of series, and let him throw 3 or 4 times and prove to me he can't do it. Don't just tell me he can't and expect me to believe it b/c you are the coach and that is your evaluation. If not, at least take Stat's advice and put him in the game as the jet sweep go to guy; but get him on the field.

Wow...just, wow.

40 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Just tweet this post to Gus bro

3 minutes ago, Butthead said:

after that first, long run, jf bowed to the crowd.  I am guessing Rhett was reminding him that is now how Auburn does things.

I think that's what it was.  Rhett was reminding him not to showboat.  That bow that he took might get a 15 yard penalty in an SEC game.

I'm all for getting JF3 on the field.  I don't understand the insistence he play QB.  The staff has proven to me they can't be trusted to be left alone around QBs or to make any QB-related decisions.  But maybe they can be trusted to just let the kid play a running/receiving position without messing him up too much?

Forget the role of QB for a moment. I have seen enough to know, any play that doesn't have JF3 on the field in some role, is a potential play that Auburn could have scored on. His quick acceleration and speed is so dynamic all he needs is a small seam.

As everyone knows I think JF3 is our best option at qb. However the coaches still are not confident enough to give him the reigns and feel he still is a work in progress learning the playbook etc. Imo we have to get his speed on the field. I think he is the most electrifying player in the SEC with the ball in his hands. Find ways to get him the ball. It is a dangerous situation to have our backup qb taking risks of being injured playing other positions but imo we have a Reggie Bush type talent as far as everytime he touches the ball he can get in the endzone and we can't just let that be on the bench a majority of the games if SW continues his solid play. I also must admit I have underestimated SW. Although I don't think he will win is any games, he has been solid and as long as he doesn't turn the ball over he isn't going to lose us any games and we can win the remainder of the games on our schedule including UAT. UAT can be beat with Hurts at qb. I still predict JF3 will be our starting qb at some point this year, but until then get the ball in his hands 5-10 times a game and let him loose. I also need to see SW perform against quality opponents especially in the red zone scoring tds instead of field goals. SW is improving though that is apparent.

11 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

As everyone knows I think JF3 is our best option at qb. However the coaches still are not confident enough to give him the reigns and feel he still is a work in progress learning the playbook etc. Imo we have to get his speed on the field. I think he is the most electrifying player in the SEC with the ball in his hands. Find ways to get him the ball. It is a dangerous situation to have our backup qb taking risks of being injured playing other positions but imo we have a Reggie Bush type talent as far as everytime he touches the ball he can get in the endzone and we can't just let that be on the bench a majority of the games if SW continues his solid play. I also must admit I have underestimated SW. Although I don't think he will win is any games, he has been solid and as long as he doesn't turn the ball over he isn't going to lose us any games and we can win the remainder of the games on our schedule including UAT. UAT can be beat with Hurts at qb. I still predict JF3 will be our starting qb at some point this year, but until then get the ball in his hands 5-10 times a game and let him loose. I also need to see SW perform against quality opponents especially in the red zone scoring tds instead of field goals. SW is improving though that is apparent.

I agree.  He just turned 18 yrs old a couple of weeks ago.  Surely UAT will come up against a defense that can take advantage of their shaky oline and rattle Hurts to where he looks like a green horn true freshman QB playing in the mighty SEC.

I don't think any of the coaches appreciated the "bow to the crowd". Hotdoging

23 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

SW is QB 1 and will remain QB 1. 

8 minutes ago, keesler said:

I agree.  He just turned 18 yrs old a couple of weeks ago.  Surely UAT will come up against a defense that can take advantage of their shaky oline and rattle Hurts to where he looks like a green horn true freshman QB playing in the mighty SEC.

That along with he misses alot of throws. Especially deeper throws. Most of his completions come from shorter throws and Ridley making circus catches on alot of the deep throws.

18 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

"Your fly was open."

I wanna see what Hurts does against A&M... may be a good game right there, and they can bring the pressure for sure.

4 minutes ago, WarTim said:

SW is QB 1 and will remain QB 1. 

SW is QB 1. My prediction is that JF3 will become qb1 before season is out. Not saying I was told this info this is strictly my prediction. I don't feel some on here recognize what a weapon JF3 is at qb. 

SW has been solid but mostly against the inferior opponents let's see how he does the next 3 games. Like I have said he has impressed me and I have underestimated him up to this point other than his redzone problems. 

JF3 should get a series or two each game. He has the ability to break one at any time. But when teams key on the run, he has shown he can put one in the air also. Now I don;t think that can be a sustainable offensive game plan at this time. But it surely can be several plays stringed together to change the pace of the game.

I don't think that will hurt SW's momentum or feelings. I definitely would rather see JF3 in the mildcat rather than KJ.

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

SW is QB 1. My prediction is that JF3 will become qb1 before season is out. Not saying I was told this info this is strictly my prediction. I don't feel some on here recognize what a weapon JF3 is at qb. 

SW has been solid but mostly against the inferior opponents let's see how he does the next 3 games. Like I have said he has impressed me and I have underestimated him up to this point other than his redzone problems. 

You may be right. If so,  I could see SW transferring. Time will tell

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I think that's what it was.  Rhett was reminding him not to showboat.  That bow that he took might get a 15 yard penalty in an SEC game.

He needs to do something more subtle like pull open his shirt like Superman........ kidding... sort of.

2 hours ago, CCTAU said:

I don't think that will hurt SW's momentum or feelings. I definitely would rather see JF3 in the mildcat rather than KJ.

I guarantee you that isn't going to happen with this year's version of the WildCat.  It's all about power running between the tackles and that is NOT what we want Franklin doing or he will get hurt. We want him in space... the question is, how do we get him there?

Archived