Did you know?

abw0004

Bama may be the best defense we face all year, but if that's true, the second best defense we see all year was Week 1. Clemson is really, really good on that side of the ball. They were number one in the nation headed into the showdown with Louisville, and even after that game, they're 10th in total defense. Bama hasn't played any offense in the neighborhood of Louisville's offense.

These stats are pretty balanced out. Yes, we've played two bad teams, but we've played two seemingly elite teams and another good team that will be a fringe top 25 team all season.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Just saw we were 8th in the country and 1st in the SEC in fewest penalties as well

Wow... NEVER expected that.

23 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Just saw we were 8th in the country and 1st in the SEC in fewest penalties as well

21 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Wow... NEVER expected that.

Very impressive stat, along with not having any offensive penalties the last 2 weeks... and I'm not taking away from it too much... but I'm sure it has helped that we haven't played on the road yet. 

Well, bottom line is we are an improved team regardless of who we have played, that should be evident. Can stats be skewed and viewed out of context? Sure, watch any political debate for proof. If we continue to improve and win the games we are supposed to win, that would be ok with me considering where we have been trending the past season and half or so. Let's just win some stinkin games. :)

27 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Well, bottom line is we are an improved team regardless of who we have played, that should be evident. Can stats be skewed and viewed out of context? Sure, watch any political debate for proof. If we continue to improve and win the games we are supposed to win, that would be ok with me considering where we have been trending the past season and half or so. Let's just win some stinkin games. :)

Agreed.  If we win this game I think it is a good indicator we will be a really good team.  Im my opinion, I think the next three games get slightly tougher than the last, so if we keep improving little by little each week, we can win all of them.  I mainly just want to beat Arkansas though, as their coach annoys me to death.

We did the same thing with numbers last year. Just me personally I'm going to be impressed with the whole product

So far so good. Love seeing a scoring defense inside the top 25, especially after already playing TAM and Clemson. I have not seen that in a long, long time. Let's keep it up!

Archived