Favorite obscure Auburn Players

GwillMac6

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teapot Brown was the man during his time at Auburn.

Two pages.

Really?!?

Two whole pages and no one brought up the most incredible, under utilized, secret weapon in AU history?!?

Seriously?

49 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Wade Christopher!!

He invented the word "obscure".

Heck, he filled half the dictionary.

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

May we never forget Greg Pratt. 

Those of us old enough to remember will never forget, at least so long as we are able to remember.  RIP, Greg Pratt.

1 hour ago, tigerman1186 said:

Gary Beck, Rick Calkins and Leo Ellerbee

OK...I think the definition of obscure is settled. I'm 55, been a fan of AU football since 1972 and if I couldn't see a game on TV I listened on the radio and if I couldn't do either I read the write-ups after the game, and I have zero idea who these players are.

28 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

He invented the word "obscure".

Heck, he filled half the dictionary.

Half?

Did you say Half?

I pity you.

5 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Half?

Did you say Half?

I pity you.

Exactly, there are words he knows that aren't in the dictionary! 

33 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Half?

Did you say Half?

I pity you.

I actually sensed this response coming. Touche'

3 hours ago, 17-16 said:

Does anyone remember a RB named Colis Campbell that was same class with Bo and Fullwood? Would like to have him on roster.

Bo, Fullwood , Tim Jesse, and Collision Campbell were all studs that could have been starters anywhere. There's a reason Alan Evans  (multiple reasons actually) never did ? at Auburn.

1 hour ago, AubieAH3 said:

Tre Smith!

"Both Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown are out for the Iron Bowl against bammer in Tuscaloosa. Auburn has no chance." - Every sportswriter in the state of Alabama, and a lot of AU fans as well.

DO any of yall remember Matt Clark around 2005 or 2006? He was a walk on tubs used exclusively for kickoffs? dude had a boot. Biggest leg I had seen come through Auburn until Legatron arrived on the scene. Almost every kick went through the endzone and this was before they moved the kickoffs up. Dude was a beast.

i am thinking of two kids and cannot remember eithers name. both played for dye. one was a short fat black kid dye called the bowling ball and he got to play some because of injuries and he was almost unstoppable. the other kid was a white kid who started the ironbowl due to injuries and he played lights out and we win the game. sorry boys my memory has gone south in old age..........

Archived