Ole Miss v Uga

Randman5000

well i am happy kirby got his behind handed to him. i do not care for him at all. when he was asked about playing auburn when he is coach at ga and he said something to the effect.well they are auburn. and he was not saying it to be flattering. kirby is one of them folks that can sit on an ice cream cone and tell you what flavor it is. and the first person to state what my ice cream cone statement correctly means  i will give a like so give it a shot.......................lol

37 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I thought the exact same thing when I saw the live play.  But, when they showed the replay, it was more like the guy was putting a tackle/run through hit on the receiver as though he was trying to disrupt the catch if the ball made it to the receiver.  Technically you're probably right, but the officials probably figured no harm, no foul.  

The replay confirmed to me that the crew missed it.  It was clearly after the interception and completely avoidable.  It should have been flagged.

I really do not care who wins this game in that I pretty much dislike both teams. My pastor is a big UGA fan and I have to respect this for him. However, it looks like UGA has some work to do. I hope we are clicking on all cylinders tonight and with the rest of the games we have left.

It has been a rough week for my family. I broke a bone in my arm and had to be taken to the ER after calling 911 when I thought I was having heart attack. Had all of the symptoms, but the MDs attributed it to a severe pain attack.

To top things off, my little 10.5 year old Welsh Corgi was diagnosed with lymphoma with her kidneys failing. She has 2-4 weeks to live according to the vet. If any of you know of any herbal or holistic medications that could help her, please let me know.

Godspeed,

Doc

Just thinking that if they only missed one call in that game the officials had a pretty solid day.  They almost always miss some blatant holds and offensive pass interferences.

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

I really do not care who wins this game in that I pretty much dislike both teams. My pastor is a big UGA fan and I have to respect this for him. However, it looks like UGA has some work to do. I hope we are clicking on all cylinders tonight and with the rest of the games we have left.

It has been a rough week for my family. I broke a bone in my arm and had to be taken to the ER after calling 911 when I thought I was having heart attack. Had all of the symptoms, but the MDs attributed it to a severe pain attack.

To top things off, my little 10.5 year old Welsh Corgi was diagnosed with lymphoma with her kidneys failing. She has 2-4 weeks to live according to the vet. If any of you know of any herbal or holistic medications that could help her, please let me know.

Godspeed,

Doc

Sorry to hear all that, Doc. Best of luck to you and your beloved corgi. 

3 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Remember what I said bout Kirby. I said he will fail as a HC, he is second coming of Boom. Good DC but bad HC. Also exactly how good of a DC is he? Cause he ran Nicks D, every DC under Nick looks good.

Still too early to make a call on Smart, but which ever direction he goes, I hope Auburn beats Georgia every year he is there.

Kirby's honeymoon is over. Wish I was at home in the morning to listen to the Bulldawg Brunch. It is going to be a hoot. I'm stuck in Memphis until tomorrow, just sucks. Of course Kevin Butler will blame this on Richter for leaving the cupboard bare. As I have said, they will rue the day they got rid of Richt.

15 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Kirby's honeymoon is over. Wish I was at home in the morning to listen to the Bulldawg Brunch. It is going to be a hoot. I'm stuck in Memphis until tomorrow, just sucks. Of course Kevin Butler will blame this on Richter for leaving the cupboard bare. As I have said, they will rue the day they got rid of Richt.

I watched the game and the announcers were saying the same thing about Georgia needing to have a couple of great recruiting classes before they can compete, correct me if I'm wrong but haven't they finished in the top 10 national pretty much every year? 

Didn't watch the game...Love the verdict...Freeze froze the heat out of the Dawgs...how it must SMART to have that bold UGA start KIRBED...

15 hours ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

I watched the game and the announcers were saying the same thing about Georgia needing to have a couple of great recruiting classes before they can compete, correct me if I'm wrong but haven't they finished in the top 10 national pretty much every year? 

Yes they have, but that is how they justify in their heads firing the most successful coach in the history of the school.

On 9/25/2016 at 11:55 AM, NoALtiger said:

Freeze a better version of Gus??

Depends. The verdict is still whether or not Freeze runs a clean program. Lot of teams look good when their players are on a booster's payroll¹.

¹ see: University of Alabama

Guest WarEagleSteve
23 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Kirby needs nicks cream of the crop 5 stars to be successful. ...guess he got spoiled at bama.  Just any ol top 10 recruiting class won't cut it for him now.

Kirby's essentially trying to just build Alabama from four years ago but with worse coaching talent. He hired a DC with extensive pro experience to run an "NFL-style" defense just like Saban and he brought in Jim Chaney, who's the OC equivalent of dry wheat toast, to run a pro-style offense. He's going to run into the exact same problem as everyone else in the SEC who tries to do that: You can't beat Nick Saban at his own game (ask Les Miles). He's the only one who makes that approach work. Georgia won 10 games last year and I don't think they lost many players. If Kirby Smart wins less than 8 in this year's SEC East then his new coach honeymoon will be short indeed. 

On 9/24/2016 at 2:23 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

UGA's QB is terrible. 

They believe he is the second coming.  

I remember watching him on an ESPN high school telecast and thinking Washington high school football is about a far from the SEC as you can get and that the speed of the game would eat him alive.  He definitely has a big arm and has plenty of time to figure it out but it's very hard to start at QB and win consistently as a true Freshman without an elite line and run game.  UGa lost it's elite run game when Chubb tore up the knee.

I enjoyed every moment of this butt-whoppin'...the leghumper faithful were starting to get cocky over their undefeated record (over some really bad teams).  Now, they don't know which way is up. 

:uga::shoot:

Archived