does k briles come instead of art?

aubiefifty

i keep seeing this. anyone have any quick info on the young briles and just how good he is? is he the o guru or is art? any info appreciated............

Right now it's just rumors.  I hear its being discussed amongst the ones in the know, but right now all we know for sure is that Auburn and Jarrett Stidham (QB who transferred from Baylor) have mutual high interest in each other and that Gus and Papa Briles are friends and stay in communication.

As is common in a offensive minded head coach/offensive coordinator relationship... it's anyone's guess who's really running the show.  That being said, Kendall had to learn from someone, so I'm guessing they both have some pretty serious chops.

The key with Kendall is that he has a job, so if he comes it's not going to be soon. The rumor about Art going somewhere as an analyst/consultant are more immediate.  

That being said, there is a rumor that Kendall and Stidham are a package deal next year.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Would Gus even freaking listen to him? I would love to have Kendall at OC and Art as a "consultant."

i am hoping that they won't have to listen to him....pay coach doublebubble his $9 mil, wave and take pictures as him and kristi drive off into the sunset in their new BMW, and  then hand art the keys to the kingdom

I'd heard Kendal Briles to Auburn as OC long before Neuheisel made his prediction of Art to AU as OC or head coach. THAT is something that makes sense to me, because I don't think the PTB are going to bring Art in with the public backlash it would cause. And, personally, I would welcome it, because it brings new blood from a similar system with a stud QB to run things on the field. Considering the receivers we have already, not to mention our running backs' catching ability, it seems a match made in heaven.

7 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I'd heard Kendal Briles to Auburn as OC long before Neuheisel made his prediction of Art to AU as OC or head coach. THAT is something that makes sense to me, because I don't think the PTB are going to bring Art in with the public backlash it would cause. And, personally, I would welcome it, because it brings new blood from a similar system with a stud QB to run things on the field. Considering the receivers we have already, not to mention our running backs' catching ability, it seems a match made in heaven.

Which is why it will probably not happen. It makes to much sense for it to actually happen.

Are all these rumors coming from the same folks "in the know" that speculated who our DC would be after Muschamp bolted?  Because those folks were all just as blindsided as every other message board peon when Kevin Steele was hired.

5 minutes ago, keesler said:

Are all these rumors coming from the same folks "in the know" that speculated who our DC would be after Muschamp bolted?  Because those folks were all just as blindsided as every other message board peon when Kevin Steele was hired.

yeah, our resident "experts" that knew rashad evans was coming to AU, when it was obvious for a couple of weeks that he wasn't

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Well I know that Texas AM announced this week that they are no longer recruiting Stidham. That is a positive. 

Considering the problems we're having at QB, it makes sense that Stidham would see Auburn as a great place to step in and take over, and he might have let other teams know that.

For the record, though, I'm not an insider, and I'm not repeating inside information (at least as far as I know). I had just heard stirrings of Kendal Briles to Auburn, bringing Stidham with him, a good while before the Neuheisel thing.

As far as Kendall Briles' coaching, the Baylor offense has looked a lot less sharp this year. Losing Corey Coleman certainly doesn't help, though they still have tremendous talent at WR and QB. It's hard to say whether all of the attrition following Briles' departure is to blame, or if it is the coaching--though I definitely suspect the former. Their offense just doesn't have that same pop to it as in years past.

2 minutes ago, AUTUmike said:

As far as Kendall Briles' coaching, the Baylor offense has looked a lot less sharp this year. Losing Corey Coleman certainly doesn't help, though they still have tremendous talent at WR and QB. It's hard to say whether all of the attrition following Briles' departure is to blame, or if it is the coaching--though I definitely suspect the former. Their offense just doesn't have that same pop to it as in years past.

Teams tend to suffer when outside things are going on like they are at Baylor.

There will be a Briles coaching at AUBURN next season. This is of course assuming CGM doesn't end up getting fired. We could possibly get both Briles if Art were to become our OC. I don't think there is any chance atm of Art becoming our hc.

2 hours ago, AUTUmike said:

Averaging 275 yards passing and 282 yards rushing per game with a 557-yard average. 43 ppg through 3 games.

616 yard average in 2015 and 581 yard average in 2014.  Average 48 ppg in both years. Way to early to know where their offense stands and if you look at the numbers, it is hardly a huge drop-off. However, considering the offseason, it wouldn't be unrealistic if there was a sudden drop-off during conference play.

34 minutes ago, DAG said:

Averaging 275 yards passing and 282 yards rushing per game with a 557-yard average. 43 ppg through 3 games.

616 yard average in 2015 and 581 yard average in 2014.  Average 48 ppg in both years. Way to early to know where their offense stands and if you look at the numbers, it is hardly a huge drop-off. However, considering the offseason, it wouldn't be unrealistic if there was a sudden drop-off during conference play.

agree

54 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

There will be a Briles coaching at AUBURN next season. This is of course assuming CGM doesn't end up getting fired. We could possibly get both Briles if Art were to become our OC. I don't think there is any chance atm of Art becoming our hc.

This...is interesting.

10 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

anyone have any quick info on the young briles and just how good he is? is he the o guru or is art? any info appreciated............

Seriously? Kendal played under Art at Houston and has since spent his entire coaching career under Art at Baylor.  Who do you think the "guru" is?

The only reason that Stidham wouldn't want to come here would be the debacle that we keep displaying. If I were him I'd be second guessing coming here if the boy wonder is still OC/QB coach and CGM can't put SW in a position to succeed. 

2 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

So to get both,  you are thinking Kendall as HC and Art as OC? Either way,  fascinating. 

Bring in Kendal as OC.  Could it really be worse with him than our current offensive train wreck?  Plus, it will make for an easier transition to Art as HC when everyone is in agreement after next season that AU will be best served by giving the genius the sack.

I'd have to see Baylor win 10 or 11 games this year to support Kendall over Art. You just know you're getting the cream of the crop with Art, Kendall is still shaky even though he's probably being tasked with doing more than any coordinator alive with Baylor this year. 

9 hours ago, metafour said:

Seriously? Kendal played under Art at Houston and has since spent his entire coaching career under Art at Baylor.  Who do you think the "guru" is?

I hear you.  That is a concern about Kendal.  I do not believe AU would hire Art in any capacity just based on perception whether Art is innocent or not (which is up in the air).  Therefore; if Gus continues to wet the bed, I believe we should open up the bank for Tom Herman and make him say no.  We raised 15 million for an obnoxious big screen TV for JHS.  We should be able to at least make Herman consider making the move.  I would also add Petrino as the other HC to open up the bank for.

wde

Archived