13.795 million decision...potential buyout.

aubiefifty

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

The relative value of money at this level is almost impossible to comprehend.  It is difficult to understand why, given the power of these institutions, coaching contracts aren't more incentive based.

It's obscene.

4 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

First thing that pops in my head after reading this Lashlee makes $600K a year??? Second thing is Jimmy Sexton is one heck of an agent.  

Kodi at $350k a season pi$$es me off to no end!  He's basically an intern, learning on the job.  What other school would pay him that kind of money?  I'm pretty sure Middle Tennessee State wasn't paying him anything near that in the one season he was an actual coach, and not a grad assistant.  Jacobs is dumbass, and needs to be shown the door ASAP.

12 minutes ago, AuburnGrad97 said:

Kodi at $350k a season pi$$es me off to no end!  He's basically an intern, learning on the job.  What other school would pay him that kind of money?  I'm pretty sure Middle Tennessee State wasn't paying him anything near that in the one season he was an actual coach, and not a grad assistant.  Jacobs is dumbass, and needs to be shown the door ASAP.

its really insulting, if you stop and think about it.....jacobs is like pacman jones in a strip club...."make it rain,big boy, make it rain"

16 minutes ago, AuburnGrad97 said:

Perhaps we had to fight to get a receiver coach to come in.

i say good for kodi.

4 hours ago, AuburnGrad97 said:

WE PAY KODI BURNS $350k A FRIGGIN' YEAR????  FOR A 1-YEAR REMOVED GRAD ASSISTANT WITH VIRTUALLY NO REAL EXPERIENCE PLAYING WR???? 

we are morons!!!  

That was my thoughts when we hired him and I didn't consider the money! Now that I know that part of the equation, it's unexplainable.  In the meantime, TWill is getting peanuts. 

First of all quit living in the past with Petrino!  He is not going to leave Louisville after he has spent the time building them up to where they are at now - to come to the dumpster fire we are. Heck he just whipped FSU on national television.

As for Art Briles, keep dreaming.

The new university president is not going to make the first big move be hiring Art "I looked the other way" Briles. The new university president is also going to listen to the BOT and the PTB and take all their suggestions under consideration, BUT this is a fine line challenge from day one!!!! Is the new president one to cave under pressure to the BOT and PTB about football from day one or does the new president establish the fact that this is an academic university 1st, not a football university.  This university would loose respect nationally and also in enrollment. Enrollment drives state and federal funding, grants, reasearch, donations (by the way more money is donated to the university for academia than football) etc......my children are girls and I love Auburn, but if the university I love, hired Art Briles overlooking what he let happen at Baylor, for a win now attitude, my money and kids go elsewhere. Some of you say well he did not know it was going on, well when your in charge, your responsible. The captain of the Titanic was still responsible for the ship but he didn't see the Iceberg. When you are in charge you are in charge and you except responsibility, which by the way he still has not. That was a pitiful performance interview he did.  

So who's left, Tubs? Whatever! Once again, living in the past, if we are just throwing names out, why not Pat Dye. Neither of those coaches are keeping up with times. Tubs is not winning at Cincy and Coach Dye is doing just fine where he is at.

No way do we take a coach that is fired from another team, like Les Miles, just because they have SEC experience, THEY WERE FIRED!!!!

So who is the new hot coach Tom Herman, yeah let's just throw a bunch of money at him. Well Houston just did last year and I bet their rich Law School Alumni will cougar up to keep him and donate to upgrade facilities to make him stay and recruit in the fertile grounds of Texas.  Why? Because they have not had success since Andre Ware and Run-n-Shoot offense, and they are starving for success. Now explain to me why he wants to leave Houston? For the circus called Auburn, just because we are in the SEC? Oh yeah, you win one SEC Championship and NC  (or atleast play for one) in you 1st or 2nd year but by year 4 we run you out of town like a scalded dog and we repeat as necessary. Herman has them rockin they just stomped Oklahoma on national television and look like a playoff buster this year.  

Now who's left? Look at the top 25, nobody is leaving their job and if they do it is because they have been fired.  Do we really want a coach that has been fired?Where does that put us, one of two places with a clause - 1) a coordinator with no head coaching experience or 2) a proven head coach, but from a FBS sub division.  Now everyone is shaking their heads, no way!!  What you said both 1) and 2) had a clause, well yes I did, In the form of $13.95 million and the cost of the new head coach and his staff so let's say roughly $18 million.

LSU almost fired Miles because he can't beat Alabama. Georgia fired Ritch because he could not even win the East and he averaged almost 10 wins a year. Mullin will be on the hot seat when MSU fans realize Dak was a once in life time QB for their program (like Cam) and you can only capture lightning in a bottle once. Freeze is fixing to get knuckle dragged by the NCAA. We all make fun of TA&M but they made the correct change at the coordinator positions. Heck even fat a** Bilema has slowly built Arkansas into program that on any Saturday if you are not ready, they CAN beat you and don't play them at the end of the year, they WILL beat you.

So even though I do not like the way this season is going and I fear we are in for another 6-6, I think CGM stays.  The new President looks at a $13.95 million price tags, another $3-$4 million when we add in the new coaching staff and says to JJ "you are dumb *^%#^&@", them turns to CGM and says "I give you a year BUT you better do something because in 2017 a 9 win season is the only thing that saves your job, now sacrifice someone to appease the BOT and PTB and both you jack holes get out of my office". With that CGM lets CRL move on without sh*tcanning him and hires Kendal Briles. The group of receivers we have would thrive in that offense.  Keryon Johnson would have massive yards rushing and receiving.  It's a fast paced offense to make CGM happy and it would keep the fans entertained.

The defense which already has shown an improvement from last year would greatly benefit from having CKS and staff for a second year instead of a new coordinator and a new D, what like the 5Th. in 5 years or something.  If the current D staff were able to stay next years D would be CRAZY GOOD.

Well there it is, I actually have more to say but I will save that for another day.  So let the beatings begin.  Can not wait to hear what all this little gem brings out from people

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

Florida ended up spending about $20 million to get rid of Muschamp and they buy his replacement's contract.....kind of stuff if not that unusual these days for impulsive schools who fire their coaches at the drop of a hat...or after some a few bad seasons. 

So good news. Our $14 million is quite the bargain, compared to UF's $20 million.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

So good news. Our $14 million is quite the bargain, compared to UF's $20 million.

none of it is a bargain...the whole business is ridiculous......time to put salary caps on Power 5 coaches and bring the sport back to the real world perhaps.. If a school want's instant miracles (other than a couple NC opportunities) it should not cry about the cost....just keep hiring and firing coaches in pursuit of the next Sabin. ...and some day it might happen.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

none of it is a bargain...the whole business is ridiculous......time to put salary caps on Power 5 coaches and bring the sport back to the real world perhaps.. If a school want's instant miracles (other than a couple NC opportunities) it should not cry about the cost....just keep hiring and firing coaches in pursuit of the next Sabin. ...and some day it might happen.

That ain't going to happen just the way it is. Better get use to it.

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Sabun isn't that good without an Emmert, Slive/Womack, etc.. 

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Obviously, I was being facetious, didn't mean to piss you off.

It is us that buy the tickets, buy the $75 to $85 underarmor shirts, buy the concessions, ($8 for a chicken sandwich) and most of all, watch the games on TV, which then draws extremely high ratings, which then generates millions upon hundreds of millions of dollars.

So who gets the TV money... Should ESPN and CBS keep it, so they can create more multimillionaires?  

It is a crazy world and a crazy business!

36 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Sabun isn't that good without an Emmert, Slive/Womack, etc.. 

Just stop. Just because he's at Bammer and is a flaming a--h--- doesn't mean you can't acknowledge greatness. It hurts, I know, but c'mon man.....

35 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That ain't going to happen just the way it is. Better get use to it.

My salary cap comment was a joke...of course there is no way it could happen.  And I understand that it is not going back...and actually I'm used to it by now though as noted by several folks it's a travesty spending money that way. 

I just see so many schools chasing the rainbow and willing to pay any price or hire any coach who might have a chance of getting them there. Maybe I'm a bit naïve about the past but seems there might have been more reason involved in the process....but for certain most of the ethics and morality has gone out of college football now.

Watching the direction of college football these days is like watching an old friend slowing dying from some deadly disease.....except in this case the disease is greed which is just as deadly as a cancer.   JMO. 

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

Just stop. Just because he's at Bammer and is a flaming a--h--- doesn't mean you can't acknowledge greatness. It hurts, I know, but c'mon man.....

Maybe you can explain DJ Fluker, TTown Menswear, his team going an ENTIRE season without a holding call, etc.  He get's every competitive advantage handed to him and still hasn't had an undefeated season. Sure he has won a bunch of titles, but he isn't a great game day coach. 

19 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Maybe you can explain DJ Fluker, TTown Menswear, his team going an ENTIRE season without a holding call, etc.  He get's every competitive advantage handed to him and still hasn't had an undefeated season. Sure he has won a bunch of titles, but he isn't a great game day coach. 

I agree about game day coaching although games against Clemson and Ole Miss suggest otherwise. They "cheat" probably more and better than most but every program is dirty to some extent. His success, while painful for me to watch, has to be admired on some level as well. Think Tiger Woods circa 2000-2001- a pretty despicable human accomplishing things most everyone else can just daydream about. And, he did go undefeated in 2009.

31 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

What? You're saying Bammer could do even better after Saban leaves if they hire a "good" coach? That's a comforting thought.

6 hours ago, AuburnGrad97 said:

WE PAY KODI BURNS $350k A FRIGGIN' YEAR????  FOR A 1-YEAR REMOVED GRAD ASSISTANT WITH VIRTUALLY NO REAL EXPERIENCE PLAYING WR???? 

we are morons!!!  

WR coach who knows to coach blocking before catching might be a rare commodity :)

10 minutes ago, fredst said:

I agree about game day coaching although games against Clemson and Ole Miss suggest otherwise. They "cheat" probably more and better than most but every program is dirty to some extent. His success, while painful for me to watch, has to be admired on some level as well. Think Tiger Woods circa 2000-2001- a pretty despicable human accomplishing things most everyone else can just daydream about. And, he did go undefeated in 2009.

I'm not dissing his success, but it comes with an asterisk. Getting all charges dropped for 2 of his players caught with drugs and a stolen gun has to be admired. Dude has pull. Also, 2009 was the year they went without a single holding penalty! He has had success, but with a lot of help and looking the other way.

UAB, ULaMo, The Camback, Kick 6...he was out coached in all of these games...

3 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

I'm not dissing his success, but it comes with an asterisk. Getting all charges dropped for 2 of his players caught with drugs and a stolen gun has to be admired. Dude has pull. Also, 2009 was the year they went without a single holding penalty! He has had success, but with a lot of help and looking the other way.

4 NCs in 7 years. Nobody gives a crap if he hasn't had an undefeated season or not a great game day coach.

Edit: He had an undefeated season in 2009. 

46 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Is that really your contention?  I get the hate.  I really do.  The guy has won 4 national championships, and only his first year contains less than double-digit wins.  If there is a better game day coach, that is who we should throw money at until he says stop.  Belittling Alabama is not going to get us anywhere.  What Saban and Co. are doing is irrelevant when our coach is pantsing himself on national television.

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

4 NCs in 7 years. Nobody gives a crap if he hasn't had an undefeated season or not a great game day coach.

Edit: He had an undefeated season in 2009. 

There is no denying the titles.  My comments were in regards to him being a complete coach. I think Tubbs has a winning record or at least tied with him. But you can't deny his preferential treatment that others don't get.  That helps!  

1 minute ago, imaolgatiger said:

There is no denying the titles.  My comments were in regards to him being a complete coach. I think Tubbs has a winning record or at least tied with him. But you can't deny his preferential treatment that others don't get.  That helps!  

News flash, every team in every sport, who is dominant will get preferential treatment. USC got a crapload of preferential treatment when they went on their dominant run. 

Archived