Ricky Seals-Jones hit on Dinson and behavior after- Discuss

McLoofus

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I agree with DAG, as usual.  Our players should in theory already be giving 100 percent. They shouldn't be able to give any extra hmmph.

Just play the game.

Giving or not giving 100% in any given game has nothing to do with this, a response held in reserve until warranted.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Giving or not giving 100% in any given game has nothing to do with this, a response held in reserve until warranted.

I understand the first part of the sentence and I disagree. We should play 100 percent all the time. We shouldn't put extra "hmmph" on RSJ any more than the next guy. I have no clue about what you meant with the 2nd part of your statement. I'm sure you earned ten likes though  ?

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I understand the first part of the sentence and I disagree. We should play 100 percent all the time. We shouldn't put extra "hmmph" on RSJ any more than the next guy. I have no clue about what you meant with the 2nd part of your statement. I'm sure you earned ten likes though  ?

Again, two different things.

6 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

It's not necessary for those that played the game and it's irrelevant for those that didn't. There are certain things that deserve a response and get one. This is one of them.

You sound silly. It would be stupid to seek revenge in terms of potentially hurting another player and/or receiving a personal foul. If you want to play football that is one thing. Take it to another level is for the clowns.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

You sound silly. It would be stupid to seek revenge in terms of potentially hurting another player and/or receiving a personal foul. If you want to play football that is one thing. Take it to another level is for the clowns.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Too many innuendos for such tough guy talk. 

Revenge or being tough has nothing to do with it, it just is what it is. It doesn't matter if you agree with it or not. You can believe in a fantasy all you want or accept the reality, it doesn't really matter. Oh yeah, you can save your little ad hominems for somebody else.  

8 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

What goes around comes around

Exactly. For me it's not the hit that still pisses me off. It was his attitude celebrating on the sidelines while JD was being carted off the field & then talking smack about it to Countess on twitter last year. His attitude was total POS.

I don't see any advantage for playing the game with any type of payback or revenge on the player's mind. Auburn should exact revenge on the scoreboard and just by soundly beating the Aggies up and down the field. Just play hard-nosed physical football over retaliation and be Auburn men about it. RSJ knows what he did was wrong. If he doesn't then "payback" won't send a message to him. But it will send the wrong message to others. How you react in a situation like this can define your character for a long time. Auburn men are not characters but men of strong character. Now, kick some tail the correct way and leave them wondering what the heck  just happened.

5 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Revenge or being tough has nothing to do with it, it just is what it is. It doesn't matter if you agree with it or not. You can believe in a fantasy all you want or accept the reality, it doesn't really matter. Oh yeah, you can save your little ad hominems for somebody else.  

"It just is what it is"

Please clarify more. If it's not revenge then what is it? 

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Exactly. For me it's not the hit that still pisses me off. It was his attitude celebrating on the sidelines while JD was being carted off the field & then talking smack about it to Countess on twitter last year. His attitude was total POS.

I know it's not politically correct but it's his attitude after the fact, not the hit, that makes me want to see someone knock his **** in the dirt.

Players for the most part are giving 100%. But when there is some bad blood between you and the opponent you just get dialed-in with a different focus. It's natural.

Michael Jordan gave 100% every game but that got ratcheted up a few notches if you pissed him off. I think this is the type of effort people are talking about. JMO

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Players for the most part are giving 100%. But when there is some bad blood between you and the opponent you just get dialed-in with a different focus. It's natural.

Michael Jordan gave 100% every game but that got ratcheted up a few notches if you pissed him off. I think this is the type of effort people are talking about. JMO

Yep. If done right it's called playing with a chip on your shoulder. As much I can't stand him, Tom Brady has used the chip of being drafted in the 6th round to fuel him & give him extra focus for years.

8 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

What is it tough guy?  It has nothing to do with fantasy. It is stupid to seek out revenge.  Two wrongs don't make a right. Half of you guys talking revenge and unspoken truths probably haven't been in any situation that warrant such a day in your life. Like I said, only clowns think that way. A competitors approach would be embarrassing them on the field. 

3 hours ago, DAG said:

What is it tough guy?  It has nothing to do with fantasy. It is stupid to seek out revenge.  Two wrongs don't make a right. Half of you guys talking revenge and unspoken truths probably haven't been in any situation that warrant such a day in your life. Like I said, only clowns think that way. A competitors approach would be embarrassing them on the field. 

I've noticed you make a lot of ignorant assumptions in your posts but that is in keeping with the reputation you are getting around here. The mindset and response of competitive football players when something like this happens hasn't changed in decades. Again, it doesn't matter what you think should happen or if you agree with it. 

7 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

I've noticed you make a lot of ignorant assumptions in your posts but that is in keeping with the reputation you are getting around here. The mindset and response of competitive football players when something like this happens hasn't changed in decades. Again, it doesn't matter what you think should happen or if you agree with it. 

No, I just think you are a clown. Anybody who is advocating what you are thinking is trash in my book. I imagine our players will play balls to the walls for Denson today, but they should be better than trying to hurt someone. Being competitive does not correlate with being a punk. I hope our players are better than that.   Yeah, my reputation is horrible around here. Probably why my karma level is so low, like in the 80s. Yea, you are right.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yep. If done right it's called playing with a chip on your shoulder. As much I can't stand him, Tom Brady has used the chip of being drafted in the 6th round to fuel him & give him extra focus for years.

Playing with a chip on your shoulder is not playing dirty. Two different mindsets. People are not advocating playing with a chip on your shoulder around her. People are advocating revengeful head hunting without saying it. Auburn men, right?

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

No, I just think you are a clown. Anybody who is advocating what you are thinking is trash in my book. I imagine our players will play balls to the walls for Denson today, but they should be better than trying to hurt someone. Being competitive does not correlate with being a punk. I hope our players are better than that.   Yeah, my reputation is horrible around here. Probably why my karma level is so low, like in the 80s. Yea, you are right.

giphy.gif

Another one of your ignorant posts, you just keep proving the point.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Playing with a chip on your shoulder is not playing dirty. Two different mindsets. People are not advocating playing with a chip on your shoulder around her. People are advocating revengeful head hunting without saying it. Auburn men, right?

That's not what we're saying, that's what you're saying. It's a strawman, move on.

2 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

That's not what we're saying, that's what you're saying. It's a strawman, move on.

You want me to move on but you quoting me? Quite frankly, you haven't said anything but made *wink,wink* comments. Like I said, You are trash in my book. We can take it to the PMs.

16 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:
3 hours ago, DAG said:

I've noticed you make a lot of ignorant assumptions in your posts but that is in keeping with the reputation you are getting around here

Not only are you incorrect, but you just showed your true colors as well. Thanks for showing your hand.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

You want me to move on but you quoting me? Quite frankly, you haven't said anything but made *wink,wink* comments. Like I said, You are trash in my book. We can take it to the PMs.

Yeah, move on, you have been using nothing but ignorant straw man arguments with everybody on these threads for months and I called you out on it. Too bad. Your name calling is childish but in keeping with your demeanor.   

Archived