Ricky Seals-Jones hit on Dinson and behavior after- Discuss

McLoofus

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Don't take anything posted on the Rant seriously. 

Although I'll admit it's pretty funny watching all of the ags simpering up to the bammers like they're expecting a pat on the head or something. 

9 hours ago, alexava said:

The folks suggesting payback have no right to moan when we get a 15 yard penalty or player ejected. 

I hope triga trey keeps his head. He is the one that worries me the most about a personal foul or unsportsman like conduct penalty. Which always seem to come at the wrong time!!!!!

Note: If there are any RSJ bell ringers... They should be reposted here.

My hope is we get an int and we Sammie Coates the fool.nothing after the whistle, just straight up handle the boy. If someone falls on him after the fact, I Will not complain.

do any of you folks remember when doug barfield was coach and all we did was supposedly fight? we were dirty. we could not win so we had to fight. i know people got tired of the auburn team fighting all the time and switched to another team. there was big discussion about this. and we got a rep as being a dirty team because of all that mess. i would hate to see auburn get that handle again while we are trying to " right the ship". i guess i need to loosen up but in my mind back in the day honor was everything. that being said clean this guys clock within the rules. then do not make a big deal out of it with texts and newspaper articles. lets try and act like we put folks p*ckers in the dirt. then walk away like it is no big deal because we do it all the time..........shrugs. sorry boys....i love my tigers in a way some of you might not understand.

49 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

do any of you folks remember when doug barfield was coach and all we did was supposedly fight? we were dirty. we could not win so we had to fight. i know people got tired of the auburn team fighting all the time and switched to another team. there was big discussion about this. and we got a rep as being a dirty team because of all that mess. i would hate to see auburn get that handle again while we are trying to " right the ship". i guess i need to loosen up but in my mind back in the day honor was everything. that being said clean this guys clock within the rules. then do not make a big deal out of it with texts and newspaper articles. lets try and act like we put folks p*ckers in the dirt. then walk away like it is no big deal because we do it all the time..........shrugs. sorry boys....i love my tigers in a way some of you might not understand.

I know where you're coming from Fifty..  The reality of it is that, I would assume, almost all onthis board completely agree with you when it comes to the reality of the team/game.  Nobody here wants to be thought of as dirty or bammer-ish or thUga-ish or Ricky Seals-Jones-ish...  It's just a message board and everybody's venting and letting their frustrations out.  Hey....we're "Message Board Warriors"!  Do you think anybody takes us seriously?

72 i have no idea. i think different than most. i am afraid once you start the revenge crap then you get people poking eyes or testicles etc in pile ups. i just worry about my team. i love them and i want them reeking with honor is all. i know i am a worried old man.........

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

72 i have no idea. i think different than most. i am afraid once you start the revenge crap then you get people poking eyes or testicles etc in pile ups. i just worry about my team. i love them and i want them reeking with honor is all. i know i am a worried old man.........

I could be wrong but I think they do that anyway when there are loose balls.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That could be taken to a multitude of places....  Most NSFW... :big:

With that said, you are correct sir.  Heck, sometimes it's not that hard to see it on TV as close as they zoom in on piles.  There's all kinds of twisting, biting, punching, gouging, etc that goes on under them piles.  BOTH sides.

38 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

9 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

That could be taken to a multitude of places....  Most NSFW... :big:

With that said, you are correct sir.  Heck, sometimes it's not that hard to see it on TV as close as they zoom in on piles.  There's all kinds of twisting, biting, punching, gouging, etc that goes on under them piles.  BOTH sides.

Watched the '10 SECCG at a Taco Mac here in Atlanta (I know, I know... but I went to a lot of home games that season and honestly thought the Georgia Dome wouldn't be as fun as JH was). Anyway, I'm sitting at the bar and there are these USC fans behind me. There were a little loud but not too bad. Then all of a sudden- don't remember the play- this one dude starts yelling "BREAK HIS ****ING LEG!" and he's clearly saying this to a USC player about an Auburn player. I kinda half look over my shoulder and say, "Real classy, bud" or something to that effect. He says something back, I say something back, typical "I know I don't actually have to fight you in a public place" bar bravado from both of us. We exchange a few more verbal jabs and then go back to ignoring each other. After a bit, he comes over to semi-apologize. I realize he's actually rather large and jacked, and while I'm silently counting my blessings that it didn't get real between me and him, he explains to me that he played LB at USC and that players do all kinds of stuff on the field exactly like what you guys are talking about. 

Based on that, what I've heard elsewhere, and my own experience, I really don't think a lot of football players would take too much issue with rsj's hit. They're certainly not making a big deal of all the blatant head shots Cam took from Denver's D last week. The league is, for sure, but not the players. Thomas Davis spoke out, but all he was saying- and he's correct- was that the league doesn't officiate plays involving Cam consistently with how they treat other QBs, much like NBA officials treated Shaquille O'Neal. Basically, Davis was saying that if you're not going to call it on the other guy when he hits my QB, then don't call it on me when I hit theirs. It wasn't at all a "Denver's guys are dirty" stance the way I read it.

Sorry, rambling. Back to loose balls...

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Watched the '10 SECCG at a Taco Mac here in Atlanta (I know, I know... but I went to a lot of home games that season and honestly thought the Georgia Dome wouldn't be as fun as JH was). Anyway, I'm sitting at the bar and there are these USC fans behind me. There were a little loud but not too bad. Then all of a sudden- don't remember the play- this one dude starts yelling "BREAK HIS ****ING LEG!" and he's clearly saying this to a USC player about an Auburn player. I kinda half look over my shoulder and say, "Real classy, bud" or something to that effect. He says something back, I say something back, typical "I know I don't actually have to fight you in a public place" bar bravado from both of us. We exchange a few more verbal jabs and then go back to ignoring each other. After a bit, he comes over to semi-apologize. I realize he's actually rather large and jacked, and while I'm silently counting my blessings that it didn't get real between me and him, he explains to me that he played LB at USC and that players do all kinds of stuff on the field exactly like what you guys are talking about. 

Based on that, what I've heard elsewhere, and my own experience, I really don't think a lot of football players would take too much issue with rsj's hit. They're certainly not making a big deal of all the blatant head shots Cam took from Denver's D last week. The league is, for sure, but not the players. Thomas Davis spoke out, but all he was saying- and he's correct- was that the league doesn't officiate plays involving Cam consistently with how they treat other QBs, much like NBA officials treated Shaquille O'Neal. Basically, Davis was saying that if you're not going to call it on the other guy when he hits my QB, then don't call it on me when I hit theirs. It wasn't at all a "Denver's guys are dirty" stance the way I read it.

Sorry, rambling. Back to loose balls...

I always enjoy listening to Davis. Seems he's got a real football mind

1 minute ago, Charhair said:

I always enjoy listening to Davis. Seems he's got a real football mind

No doubt. It's fun to watch him and Kuechly play alongside each other. 

Hate somebody over it? Wow. We will see how this plays out. We need to remain focused. The best type of revenge is best served to outperform them or him on the field. No TDs and very limited yardage.

There are a lot of ways to stay within the rules and still give a player the "business".  I fully expect our players to "send a message" to RSJ, in fact, I would be disappointed if they didn't. 

18 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

There are a lot of ways to stay within the rules and still give a player the "business".  I fully expect our players to "send a message" to RSJ, in fact, I would be disappointed if they didn't. 

You mean like tackling hard? Jamming with more hmmphh? They should be doing that every week . I don't see the point of giving somebody the business. Trust me you beat him on the field to the point of irrelevance and he will get the message. 

Otherwise , how do you give somebody the business within the rules?

Also, why we are talking revenge and what not. I also skimmed TexAGS and there was "insider" rumors that they are preparing for everything  of that nature. Again rumors, thread chatter, fan tough guy talk, whatever. I just would rather avoid the unnecessary extra-curricular activity.

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

I don't think you have anything to worry about, fifty.  Gus has made it abundantly clear that he doesn't put up with that kind of crap, and I don't believe our boys would stoop to that level. We just might need Trey to do a little yoga before the game to keep him in a calm place.

Really don't have that much of a problem with the play. We use to crack back on LB's all the time in HS. As a receiver, it was our way of being able to hit back. But its all fun and games until you try to do that to someone about 100 lbs heavier than you and you just bounce off him. Like someone said, he will get his one day. The defense will know where he is at all times on the field. I sure that he will get hit every play.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

They should wear a cup and that will take care of the loose ball poking......    :rimshot:

5 hours ago, DAG said:

You mean like tackling hard? Jamming with more hmmphh? They should be doing that every week . I don't see the point of giving somebody the business. Trust me you beat him on the field to the point of irrelevance and he will get the message. 

Otherwise , how do you give somebody the business within the rules?

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Also, why we are talking revenge and what not. I also skimmed TexAGS and there was "insider" rumors that they are preparing for everything  of that nature. Again rumors, thread chatter, fan tough guy talk, whatever. I just would rather avoid the unnecessary extra-curricular activity.

I see it (the point).

It's easy.

It won't be.

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Care to give some examples?

It's not necessary for those that played the game and it's irrelevant for those that didn't. There are certain things that deserve a response and get one. This is one of them.

I agree with DAG, as usual.  Our players should in theory already be giving 100 percent. They shouldn't be able to give any extra hmmph.

Just play the game.

Archived