Sean White: All the throws (and a couple of runs)

TitanTiger

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, alexava said:

If Sean is injured, (right arm fracture) in practice before Saturday. Who is the starting qb for the foreseeable future?

Right now, JFIII. I only say that because that's what Malzahn Indicated. 

As for the eye test, I'd have to say JJ, because we haven't seen JFIII throw down field. We at least know that JJ can do that with some amount of accuracy, and he obviously has a strong arm. 

That being said, I hope SW stays healthy.

Anyone else having flashbacks to Brandon Cox?  I don't recall him being a world beater/super star but the guy won games.  I didn't cringe with him behind center waiting for the next INT.  Led us to a top 10 finish and Cotton Bowl win in 2006.

51 minutes ago, AUwheels said:

Anyone else having flashbacks to Brandon Cox?  I don't recall him being a world beater/super star but the guy won games.  I didn't cringe with him behind center waiting for the next INT.  Led us to a top 10 finish and Cotton Bowl win in 2006.

Already discussed, but the comparison ends at "similarly sized white guy".

As previously mentioned, Aaron Murray. And geez, seemed like he played at Georgia....f...o...r...e...v...e...r...

Probably a good time to say that White played great last week.

All of it. Throwing, running and his decisions. He had a great game and made the offense explosive. He moved the needle more than I thought he could.

I hope it continues.

59 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Ive stood next to both of them and I don't even think it should get that far.

I'm workshopping a joke about Barnacle's QB camp, but I don't know if it's ever going to see the light of day TBQH. 

4 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Right now, JFIII. I only say that because that's what Malzahn Indicated. 

As for the eye test, I'd have to say JJ, because we haven't seen JFIII throw down field. We at least know that JJ can do that with some amount of accuracy, and he obviously has a strong arm. 

That being said, I hope SW stays healthy.

What I heard Gus say is , we are reping jf3 and bringing him along as #2, JJ will be ready if needed. I took that to mean he is trying to develop jf3 and hopes he don't need JJ. I think your eye test is correct and hope we never know. 

8 hours ago, JGLEATON said:

I was watching the replay of the Arkansas State game and did any body else notice.... on KJ's second touchdown he ran in on the goal line from the wildcat SW was lined up to the far left as a receiver??

I just didn't notice he was still in the game watching the other night and if that was something Gus was regularly doing with KJ at wildcat... that is interesting for several reasons... we can keep all the guy's on the field to play faster and quickly switch to a wildcat if he chooses... also add a wrinkle cause there's a QB still on the field...

That's actually how the wildcat is supposed to work. You can shift in an out of it by moving the QB to a receiver, without having to substitute, and without giving the D much time to adjust. That also opens up the option of the pitch back to the QB and... if you have Kodi and Cam... a touchdown reception for your QB.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

That's actually how the wildcat is supposed to work. You can shift in an out of it by moving the QB to a receiver, without having to substitute, and without giving the D much time to adjust. That also opens up the option of the pitch back to the QB and... if you have Kodi and Cam... a touchdown reception for your QB.

Good to hear... That's what I had thought, but I just hadn't noticed if the regular QB's had been left in or not until I saw SW on that play...

So I really wasn't sure since that first game if we were running it without swapping out the QB's completely like a special package just for KJ to run the Wildcat... if it's the case and we are still leaving the QB who happens to be playing in then that's GREAT...

I hope to see some wrinkle's that WORK off of that.

2 hours ago, JGLEATON said:

Good to hear... That's what I had thought, but I just hadn't noticed if the regular QB's had been left in or not until I saw SW on that play...

So I really wasn't sure since that first game if we were running it without swapping out the QB's completely like a special package just for KJ to run the Wildcat... if it's the case and we are still leaving the QB who happens to be playing in then that's GREAT...

I hope to see some wrinkle's that WORK off of that.

if it is going to continue to work, Kerryon must throw a few effectively. at least one.

12 minutes ago, alexava said:

if it is going to continue to work, Kerryon must throw a few effectively. at least one.

He doesn't need to throw it at all.  He just needs to hand off occasionally to keep the D from keying on him.  Add in speed a speed sweep and you basically have a 3 headed monster of finess (Johnson), power (Pettway), and speed (Martin, Truitt, Smith, even Franklin if we run it with him at QB). Then we can really burn them by pitching the ball to Sean for a pass.

25 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

He doesn't need to throw it at all.  He just needs to hand off occasionally to keep the D from keying on him.  Add in speed a speed sweep and you basically have a 3 headed monster of finess (Johnson), power (Pettway), and speed (Martin, Truitt, Smith, even Franklin if we run it with him at QB). Then we can really burn them by pitching the ball to Sean for a pass.

Have you ever seen it work better than McFadden. He threw it well. Not talking multiple reads just a post or fly route to keep safeties back. 

Just now, alexava said:

Have you ever seen it work better than McFadden. He threw it well. Not talking multiple reads just a post or fly route to keep safeties back. 

Yes, he did, but unless Kerryon has a knack for throwing, there are lots of other ways to exploit the formation and give defensive coordinators nightmares.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Yes, he did, but unless Kerryon has a knack for throwing, there are lots of other ways to exploit the formation and give defensive coordinators nightmares.

He does.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

He is no QB but he does have a knack for throwing the ball.  I saw him do it a few times in high school  I think the farthest I saw was maybe 55-60 yard pass and hit his WR in stride down sideline.  Now this was definitely a designed throw (not a read) and he rolled to the side where the WR was at.  SO its not like he made some miracle throw.  He could have just been throwing it up and it happened that way.  

16 minutes ago, alexava said:

He does.

That's cool.  I just have visions of Jason Smith, the last time he tried to throw it.  He was a QB in high school, so we know he knows how to pass... but...

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

That's cool.  I just have visions of Jason Smith, the last time he tried to throw it.  He was a QB in high school, so we know he knows how to pass... but...

A lot of good football players did things poorly last season. 

I'll mention again that the coaches have said KJ reminds them of McFadden, and it's not because of his size.

KJ is literally one of the best football players that has players at Auburn. I've watched him play many times and I really think he could literally be a hb (of course), wr, linebacker, corner, safety at the D1 level

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

KJ is literally one of the best football players that has players at Auburn. I've watched him play many times and I really think he could literally be a hb (of course), wr, linebacker, corner, safety at the D1 level

He's so smart and has such great instincts. I can't believe he's only a sophomore. 

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

I saw three hs games and said exact same. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

He's so smart and has such great instincts. I can't believe he's only a sophomore. 

I'm already on board the KJ for Heisman train.  Not necessarily this year but I feel like he'll be at least invited to the party next year.

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm already on board the KJ for Heisman train.  Not necessarily this year but I feel like he'll be at least invited to the party next year.

I like his interviews too. All around he has just got it. 

17 hours ago, cole256 said:

Watching his play, last week, I actually thought that people could FINALLY label someone the "next Percy Harvin" and not be completely wrong.

Archived