no love from the sec channel for auburn?

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

it seems booger and the other dood think auburn has some of the best talent in the country. and yet they will not go out on a limb until auburn's next couple of games? since i do not believe they have an agenda against auburn i think what this says without speaking it out loud is those sec boyz have some doubts maybe on auburn's coaching? this is all i can figure out right now.

I'm an Auburn HOMER and I've had doubts about our coaching for a couple of years now.  Gus is a work in progress, this is year 4 and he still has a LOT to learn.

Wouldn't you agree that we have the talent, facilities, fan support, financial support, academics are tops?  Everything's in place to field a championship contending team.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, keesler said:

I'm an Auburn HOMER and I've had doubts about our coaching for a couple of years now.  Gus is a work in progress, this is year 4 and he still has a LOT to learn.

Wouldn't you agree that we have the talent, facilities, fan support, financial support, academics are tops?  Everything's in place to field a championship contending team.

Except an AD who  has winning high on his priority list. Sorry. I couldn't pass up that one.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

They (analysts with the exception of Kirk Herbstreit in 2013) have always been this way.  If their projection were correct in the past, we would have been 4-6 in 2010 and 5-5 in 2013.  Auburn has always been the underdog.  But I am okay with this because it can be fun to surprise everyone like I hope we do this season.  It will all start with this Saturday...

I give them a little slack........They projected us to be contenders in 2014 and with a returning QB + a large portion of the talent and experience we returned from a super 2013 season, their prediction looked spot on.  But we crapped the bed and finished the season 1-4 with a bowl loss with many players that landed NFL jobs.

Then they projected us again to be contenders in 2015 due to the high talent level, hiring one of the best DCs in the business, and they hyped our "heisman" caliber QB.  But we finished last in our division and ended up in the Birmingham Bowl.

I can't blame them for being a little gun-shy with their AU projections.  

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

After that crazy 3 QB game scheme Gus conconcted they have every right to be Missouri on AU due to coaching.

This combined with the over hype Auburn created last year over out talent, the media is really in the wait and see mode.  It will take a good played win over our next two opponents before the media will start to see the light.  This goes for a lot of the fan base too.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Except an AD who  has winning high on his priority list. Sorry. I couldn't pass up that one.

Now now ellitor......I have a hard time bashing Jay Jacob's.  At least not while AU Athletics makes money, we have lucrative contract negotiations that haul in more $$, athletes are graduating at a high level, and not one AU sport is under an NCAA microscope.

10 minutes ago, keesler said:

I give them a little slack........They projected us to be contenders in 2014 and with a returning QB + a large portion of the talent and experience we returned from a super 2013 season, their prediction looked spot on.  But we crapped the bed and finished the season 1-4 with a bowl loss with many players that landed NFL jobs.

Then they projected us again to be contenders in 2015 due to the high talent level, hiring one of the best DCs in the business, and they hyped our "heisman" caliber QB.  But we finished last in our division and ended up in the Birmingham Bowl.

I can't blame them for being a little gun-shy with their AU projections.  

I am not upset with them.  I think I said I am okay with that because I am always a fan of the underdogs.  It is always more fulfilling when the underdog wins it all than someone that everyone expects to win because if they do win, it is just "well we expected you to do that so congrats."  That is why I am also a fan of the Panthers (before they got really good), and the OKC Thunder.  And that is saying a lot having lived in Atlanta most of my life with the Hawks and Falcons in my backyard.

35 minutes ago, keesler said:

Yes, but you've also described virtually  every other major program in the SEC. 

21 minutes ago, keesler said:

Now now ellitor......I have a hard time bashing Jay Jacob's.  At least not while AU Athletics makes money, we have lucrative contract negotiations that haul in more $$, athletes are graduating at a high level, and not one AU sport is under an NCAA microscope.

It was obviously a tongue-n-cheek joke.I mean, by his own words winning is #5 on his list.

Archived