no love from the sec channel for auburn?

aubiefifty

30 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I did that on Saturday and it completely cut off the 4th quarter. 

Did you set it to record 4 & a half hours like I am doing this season because of all the dad gum commercial breaks in college football? Seriously commercial segments in college football are almost twice as long as pro ball this season.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AUFan21 said:

With Dish, I can set my record timer to go up to an hour after the allotted time. Most DVRs can do that and I would recommend it on sports games.

I have charter & it can do 2 hours past a program or it can just record 1 channel as long as you want.

I don't know if this is exclusive to NFL or not, but the TD/Extra point --> Commercial --> Kickoff --> Commercial is the most frustrating to me. Especially since kickoffs have essentially been rendered useless with all the touchbacks.

19 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I don't know if this is exclusive to NFL or not, but the TD/Extra point --> Commercial --> Kickoff --> Commercial is the most frustrating to me. Especially since kickoffs have essentially been rendered useless with all the touchbacks.

Yeah but commercials there are only 1 or 2 as opposed to 5 or 6 segments on college football.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah but commercials there are only 1 or 2 as opposed to 5 or 6 segments on college football.

No argument from me. I spend the equivilent of half a work day just watching ONE football game

It's amazing.  No delays...no problems.... yet when it's time for your game, the previous game still has 3 minutes left........IN THE 3RD QTR!!!

That's happened on more than onety-one occasions.

I'd write somebody but I have a feeling they'd take my letter and go pat marketing people on the backs and say "good job".

I dunno, still seems early to me for the "no respect" card to be played. As others have stated, most everyone is in wait and see mode, including most of our own fanbase. 

34 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

It's amazing.  No delays...no problems.... yet when it's time for your game, the previous game still has 3 minutes left........IN THE 3RD QTR!!!

That's happened on more than onety-one occasions.

I'd write somebody but I have a feeling they'd take my letter and go pat marketing people on the backs and say "good job".

College football is probably the reason companies are trying to come out with DVRs that record more than 2 channels at the same time.

22 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I dunno, still seems early to me for the "no respect" card to be played. As others have stated, most everyone is in wait and see mode, including most of our own fanbase. 

Hear, hear. We go from "fire the coach, he's turrble" to " why ain't nobody give us no respect" faster than anything I've ever seen. Well, faster than anything other than how fast we actually do go from being a terrible football team to a very good one...

Just now, McLoofus said:

Hear, hear. We go from "fire the coach, he's turrble" to " why ain't nobody give us no respect" faster than anything I've ever seen. Well, faster than anything other than how fast we actually do go from being a terrible football team to a very good one...

I still think it's hilarious that if, by some miracle, we won the national championship, it would be only the second biggest turn-around in Auburn history... both taking place in Gus's 4 years as a head coach at Auburn.

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

After re-watching some of the game, I also was surprised by Palmer.  Other than that fact that he either truly loves his own voice (which is highly possible) or he seems to think it's radio and you can't have "dead air" and won't shut-up, I concur with you.  He seems to be taking his job seriously and I feel he's fair when he calls a game for anybody.  (Unlike Matt Stinchcomb who loves to get in his jabs...  intelligent guy but wears thUga on his sleeve.  Not a fan of his, at all..)

As for Brent.... he's sorta like ol' Harry Carey.  I actually have always LIKED Brent "Gushberger" as my Dad always called him.  Over the years he's called some really good Auburn games ('94 Florida game) and in my opinion he, many times, seems to actually be PULLING for Auburn and I would actually understand if opposing teams' fans complained about him.  I'm sure some will have examples of the opposite, and that's fine, but I like Brent.

Herbstreit?  He knows his stuff but he's sorta a politician.  He likes to take the temperature of the room and roll with it.  He's often been very complimentary of Auburn and even picked them when nobody else does.  I think it evens out with him.

Herbstreit likes to have an underdog team. He picks a sleeper every year that he thinks could make some noise, then abandons them for another underdog team. In 2010, he started off picking Auburn, then changed to TCU or Boise State around the Arkansas game (which I though was ironic since that was the point where other commentators started to take notice of us).

I kind of agree with the he's political statement. He always goes along with what everyone else says except for his sleeper team.

13 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I still think it's hilarious that if, by some miracle, we won the national championship, it would be only the second biggest turn-around in Auburn history... both taking place in Gus's 4 years as a head coach at Auburn.

I'd be down for another coaster ride. Bring it on!

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

After re-watching some of the game, I also was surprised by Palmer.  Other than that fact that he either truly loves his own voice (which is highly possible) or he seems to think it's radio and you can't have "dead air" and won't shut-up, I concur with you.  

Drives me insane.  Someone's got to tell him it's ok to let the action on the field speak for itself, he doesn't have to fill every second with commentary.

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I did that on Saturday and it completely cut off the 4th quarter. 

Extend the record time by at least 1 1/2 hours for college games and it should cover the whole thing and pick up OT if needed.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Did you set it to record 4 & a half hours like I am doing this season because of all the dad gum commercial breaks in college football? Seriously commercial segments in college football are almost twice as long as pro ball this season.

Went with the 30 minute option. Won't be doing that again. 

38 minutes ago, keesler said:

Drives me insane.  Someone's got to tell him it's ok to let the action on the field speak for itself, he doesn't have to fill every second with commentary.

At least I haven't seen them cut the screen into 3 blocks and have Luginbill or whomever come on and discuss the play calling. They did that during two series when we last played Kansas State and it was awful. I don't think I have seen them use that "function" again in any games, ours or otherwise. 

I know @WarTiger shared similar frustration. 

Too many commercials and too many reviews....it seems seldom that a TD or big play is not slowed down by reviews.  The team loses momentum and the HUNH offense get untracked.

Imo the SEC Network is one of the worse in coverage of games.  I'm not sure how it is for other SEC teams, but I've never liked it.   I also don't care much for the SEC networks analysis and commentary for Auburn football.

4 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Palmer has been better this year re Auburn. Booger had some good things to say before the Clemson game, such as "Clemson better not take this Auburn team lightly, especially this defense" etc. It's just opinions anyway. The bottom line is winning takes care of all the rest of it.

Too bad Gus didn't take Clemson seriously..we would have won. Auburn wins and we are in the top 20 right now.

it seems booger and the other dood think auburn has some of the best talent in the country. and yet they will not go out on a limb until auburn's next couple of games? since i do not believe they have an agenda against auburn i think what this says without speaking it out loud is those sec boyz have some doubts maybe on auburn's coaching? this is all i can figure out right now.

They (analysts with the exception of Kirk Herbstreit in 2013) have always been this way.  If their projection were correct in the past, we would have been 4-6 in 2010 and 5-5 in 2013.  Auburn has always been the underdog.  But I am okay with this because it can be fun to surprise everyone like I hope we do this season.  It will all start with this Saturday...

The sports media are, by and large, a bunch of bandwagon jumpers.  Very few of them are willing to risk their reputation as experts by suggesting that a team like Auburn, whose recent past has been quite the roller coaster,  are contenders for championships.  So they'll wait and see.  I don't think they're necessarily biased against us, but want to see consistency.   As much as it pains me to say it, Alabama has played consistently at a high level since Saban has been there.  That, for the most part, explains the love they get from the media.

no one has us as underdogs this season, they just want to see consistancy and are on a wait and see approach. But on paper and looking at the Clemson game, you can see the talent

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

it seems booger and the other dood think auburn has some of the best talent in the country. and yet they will not go out on a limb until auburn's next couple of games? since i do not believe they have an agenda against auburn i think what this says without speaking it out loud is those sec boyz have some doubts maybe on auburn's coaching? this is all i can figure out right now.

After that crazy 3 QB game scheme Gus conconcted they have every right to be Missouri on AU due to coaching.

Archived