Daniel Carlson, SEC Special Teams Player of the Week

aubiefifty

21088090-mmmain.jpg

2.png&w=72&h=72&transparent=trueSPECIAL TEAMS
Daniel Carlson, PK, Auburn

• Scored 21 points in Auburn's 51-14 win over Arkansas State, a new school single-game record for points scored by a kicker (1 TD, 3 FG, 6 PAT).
  • Scored from 20-yards out on a fake field goal in the second quarter, the first TD of his career and first successful fake field goal for a TD by Auburn since 2000.
  • It was the first TD scored by an Auburn kicker since Damon Duval in 1999 at LSU.
  • Was perfect on the night converting three field goals, six PATs and all six kickoffs were touchbacks.
  • Has converted on 22 of his last 23 field goals dating back to 2105 and is a perfect 104-for-104 in PATs during his Auburn career.

http://www.secsports.com/article/17529438/football-players-week

Honestly, he's reached the point that we don't necessarily take him for granted, but none of us were surprised at his performance. And, unfortunately, kickers never get the love they deserve until they kick a game winner or take home some hardware. I have a feeling he can do both this season. Lord knows Brent did all he could to further the cause. @bigbird had a great quote about that...

That all said, great thread. 

anyone notice in carlsons picture that someone could very easily photo shop a broom between his legs?  lol

Well one thing Auburn can probably say, upon seeing that picture in the OP...

"OUR kicker can kick YOUR kickers butt!"

Good for Daniel!  One of the many awards that he wins this year...including the Groza Award.

War Eagle!

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

anyone notice in carlsons picture that someone could very easily photo shop a broom between his legs?  lol

If only I had the time... seriously, though... I thought that was the kicker's version of a Heisman pose.

I said it in the game thread, and I will say it again:  they should just call him Automatic Points.  Change his jersey, driver's license, and playsheets to reflect this.  4&1 from 50?  Automatic Points.  PAT?  Automatic Points.  Bored with FG's and want a TD instead?  Automatic Points.

Archived