John Franklin III

ClaytonAU

Just now, augolf1716 said:

I can beat both of them at my age I got it covered

If your talking duration you win...of course that's because  you start and stop for 10 minutes 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You're right. I say my peace...a few times. That said, after I realize it is a futile pissing match, guess what? I stop.

That's what you do huh? Ok

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Cole, do you work at Browns Ferry?? PM me if you do. 

I have but I was just a laborer when I did but I worked my way up. But I'll pm you though

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

No, it's important that we talk this out. Now I think John Franklin can piss real fast but I think Shaun White can piss more accurate I'm a hang up and listen y'all

Bottom line is, Gus/Rhett can't teach either one of them how to piss!

Outside of piss talk,

i am interested to see if jf3 is utilized more against tamu due to their DE strength or if the gameplan is to let Sean take the % of snaps we saw him take in the first half of arky state 

7 hours ago, Charhair said:

Outside of piss talk,

i am interested to see if jf3 is utilized more against tamu due to their DE strength or if the gameplan is to let Sean take the % of snaps we saw him take in the first half of arky state 

I think it depends on if AU can run the ball effectively w/ Kerryon & Bubba. If the run game struggles like it did in the first half against Clemson I think JF3 comes in some to open run lanes. If our horses are not struggling then IDK that JF3 gets in.

7 hours ago, Charhair said:

Outside of piss talk,

I question how valuable that would be. When JF3 comes in at QB, don't they automatically adjust their defense? Now. if he comes in at the O-mac role, that could force some things from their D.

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I question how valuable that would be. When JF3 comes in at QB, don't they automatically adjust their defense? Now. if he comes in at the O-mac role, that could force some things from their D.

Yes they would adjust but that doesn't mean they would necessarily stop us on speed options.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes they would adjust but that doesn't mean they would necessarily stop us on speed options.

Agree but overall  I continue to be amazed at the level of expectations for JF3 considering how thin his resume' is.

Basically he is in his 4th year of college at his third school and has never started more than a couple games..... if any .....and yet we still think/hope he will be a game changer.   I'm just not sure how wise it is to spend much more time on him as a potential QB...time to move along to the WR or RB role? .   

Meanwhile, If speed is what truly matters (and he has plenty of it), maybe we should be recruiting more track athletes. .....go back to the Bob Hayes days.

40 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Agree but overall  I continue to be amazed at the level of expectations for JF3 considering how thin his resume' is.

Basically he is in his 4th year of college at his third school and has never started more than a couple games..... if any .....and yet we still think/hope he will be a game changer.   I'm just not sure how wise it is to spend much more time on him as a potential QB...time to move along to the WR or RB role? .   

Meanwhile, If speed is what truly matters (and he has plenty of it), maybe we should be recruiting more track athletes. .....go back to the Bob Hayes days.

1 start in juco. He can be a game changer in speed options. As a passer I have serious doubts. Unfortunately because of lack of quality established QB depth he has to stay at QB. Plus he has 0 desire to play any other position than QB. I'm not sure how effective he would be as a WR or RB while being upset at a forced position move.

39 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Speed isn't the only thing that matters, but it matters. Darius Hewyard-Bey and Ted Ginn are just a couple very wealthy WRs who aren't necessarily all that great at catching a football. 

And I, too, have been amazed at the people who insist that JFIII should be our starting QB just because he's fast. A large segment of the fanbase has become very myopic and oversimplified in their thinking due to the success we had with Cam and Nick. It's like they saw 2 red Ferraris and decided that all red cars are fast, without a second thought about what was actually under the hood...

...but... I totally get wanting him to get some snaps to diversify our offensive portfolio, if you will. 

Not exactly a bold prediction here but IMO this is the game we try a funky gadget play involving JF3.

Like - oh - say - SW (or JJ!) under center & JF3 WR at ready for play then they switch before the snap with SW/JJ being primary/initial target. How funky and interesting might that one be? If target not there, JF3 takes off to mitigate potential damage.  :big:

Franklin ran 41 yards on his first play from scrimmage last week.

41 yards...

That's Lamar Jackson kinda athleticism.

Don't get me wrong. Sean played awesome last week.

But I'd sure like to see him throw with my own eyes, before I give up the idea of JFIII as a viable qb option.

To me if you just put SW and JFIII in the game at the same time it will cause mass chaos. There are so many options: You could run the Jet Sweep, you could fake the Jet sweep and draw the DB's up and pass over them or you could pass/lateral out to JFIII and hope he could hit the wide open WR down field. I would try it 3 or 4 times a game. Maybe that would keep him engaged.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

It would make their DE's have more to do. They might start freezing on jf3 which would allow KJ to have that much more room when he gets hand offs. 

Outside of that, JF3 trying to turn the corner after taking a direct snap may just be a quicker way to run the jet sweep. If their DE's are chasing JF sideline to sideline, I imagine they'll be quite tired. I know the announcers said that about our DEs against Clemson but I feel we have a little more quality depth than tamu.

id still much rather see SW take 95% of the snaps again, assuming he's doing a good job with it. 

I watched Texas A&M and UCLA last night. The Aggies pass rush is pretty good. They harassed Josh Rosen much of the game. I think any plays involving JF3 that will get those guys to back off and get tired will be vital to Auburn's success Saturday. SW will not have much time to get set and throw the ball. Gus better devise a strategy to deal with the speed of A&M's DL or it's going to get ugly fast.

7 minutes ago, subterranean_jack said:

I watched Texas A&M and UCLA last night. The Aggies pass rush is pretty good. They harassed Josh Rosen much of the game. I think any plays involving JF3 that will get those guys to back off and get tired will be vital to Auburn's success Saturday. SW will not have much time to get set and throw the ball. Gus better devise a strategy to deal with the speed of A&M's DL or it's going to get ugly fast.

The one thing I want to see more of from Sean is just getting rid of the ball when appropriate. Many have criticized him for holding the ball too long and I'm inclined to agree.

Cubelic has some good stuff here, including how to scheme against TAMU:

50 minutes ago, subterranean_jack said:

That's if he can complete passes which is anything but a given. JF3 can definitely make plays against their pass rush with his legs but his legs alone won't beat them.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

1 start in juco. He can be a game changer in speed options. As a passer I have serious doubts. Unfortunately because of lack of quality established QB depth he has to stay at QB. Plus he has 0 desire to play any other position than QB. I'm not sure how effective he would be as a WR or RB while being upset at a forced position move.

JF3 wouldn't be nearly as effective at any position other than qb. He is not staying at qb because of lack of depth our coaches want him to play qb and like you said JF3 has no desire to play anywhere else. The zone read and speed option plays with JF3 running them are going to be lethal. JF3 is a game changer and we would not get the ball in his hands nearly enough if he was playing wr.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's if he can complete passes which is anything but a given. JF3 can definitely make plays against their pass rush with his legs but his legs alone won't beat them.

JF3 can complete passes. He doesn't know the playbook well enough right now is the main reason we haven't seen him play more. I think we see him throw the ball Saturday. I predict he will have a td pass Saturday.  I think we have a pretty damn good backfield with SW JF3 KP and KJ.

Not tho mention nobody knows his skill set. Don't know if he can catch, block, don't know his running instincts or creativity. People just say fast and think that's it. They're really isn't any reason to think he could do any more than tuitt or Ryan Davis can do. I'll tell flex to write it so everybody can see lol

Archived