John Franklin III

ClaytonAU

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I thought the same. I actually would've saved the fg play as well

Yeah, I don't get burning that as well.  Can you really expect to run that play again this season?  I can imagine a situation down the line where it would have been a great potential call except for the fact that now the opponent will be awake to it.

At what point in the game was he acting out?  I missed it while I was multitasking.   I saw one time where he looked disappointed, but still walked over to the huddle.

This wasn't meant to be a bashing thread or a "I hate JF3" thread. I like the kid and I don't mind the competitive nature of him. I just don't like some of the body language he showed last night. Him snatching his chinstrap off at the end of the play when he didn't get to score towards the end and when Gus and Rhett tried talking to him earlier in the fourth and he kind of walked off not paying them much attention was my issue. I like him and I also like Sean. If there's a replay on YouTube that gets uploaded later today I will find it and link it. 

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

So he's not going to get the competitor like my qb with an attitude pass? That pass must not be given out on Sundays

Lol. I like this. But I seriously don't know why this thread was started.  SW looked the same way last week. These guys are competitors. Also I don't see anything really wrong with his attitude.

Getting to the on the field play it is obvious he is a weapon that has to be used. I think we will see him throw more in games starting with A&M. 

We could have a pretty good backfield on our hands with KJ KP SW and JF3.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Yeah it's a bad position to be in because sw need the reps too

I think this is the point....not like SW had all that much game experience and as the designated #1 he needed as much experience as possible leading up to TAMU and LSU....there is time for JF3 in the next few games and I still look for him to play in the normal course of a game as a change of pace....just hoping he will be somewhat patient.

He didn't come to Auburn to be a backup. These kids are competitors. You dont want that internal fire to cease. Whether he is or not remains to be seen, but he obviously thinks he's the best option.

Sorry guys, but count me in with the camp who saw some major attitude in his mannerisms and entire demeanor at the end of the game. I'm a fan of his and hoping he will be utilized more due to his speed and ability to keep the defense honest, but I have taught for 11 years both middle and high school and I definitely know attitude when I see it. He did not seem respectful of the coaching staff and their decisions. I was frustrated as a fan and felt they should have let him throw it at least once. I also wished they would have gone for the TD since we had young players in that needed the experience, but I totally understand why Gus didn't. He might not be the happiest about the calls, but he doesn't need to act like a pouty child on national tv.

I think people are just thinking of Franklin's attitude because of the documentary still. I didn't see an attitude from Franklin.

BTW, Ronald Ollie from Last Chance U did very well against Georgia yesterday while playing for Nicholls State. He got a lot of love from the announcers for his role on the documentary and for plugging holes on the D line.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I think people are just thinking of Franklin's attitude because of the documentary still. I didn't see an attitude from Franklin.

BTW, Ronald Ollie from Last Chance U did very well against Georgia yesterday while playing for Nicholls State. He got a lot of love from the announcers for his role on the documentary and for plugging holes on the D line.

Personally, I haven't even watched the documentary. I pointed out the attitude to my bammer husband before I even came on the forums and saw where other people noticed it as well.

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Nothing.  People are seeing things that aren't there.

I agree.  I don't have any idea what people are talking about regarding Franklin having an attitude problem.   We need to be careful about what we assume without the facts.   It's like some people  live for drama and always want there to be a problem.  The kid is fine, let the coaches handle their attitude adjustment if need be.

4 minutes ago, AubieAH3 said:

Personally, I haven't even watched the documentary. I pointed out the attitude to my bammer husband before I even came on the forums and saw where other people noticed it as well.

You should watch the documentary. Pretty eye opening ?

Gus appears to be no nonsense about kids acting foolish this season.  See TJ Neal and Jovon Robinson.  I'm pretty sure Gus and the rest of the coaching staff know how to deal with kids attitudes.  And they scouted Franlin before he joined the team, so I'm sure more than not they knew the whole package they were getting.  Not to worried about selfish attitudes, I'm sure the coaches will handle it appropriately.

6 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Would like to say two things on the guy, he's fast as hell and we need to get him in the game with the ball in his hands more.

But I do not like his attitude at all. I don't care what the issue is, don't ever treat a coach like that on national television. He needs to start looking a little happier on the sideline and on the field because regardless of who is starting or what's going on the field, he gets shown on the cameras more than any other player. 

Thoughts? 

Tough one here. I noticed the same thing you did but I took it more of a competitor wanting to play and not being able to hide it. We all want every young man to be perfect but the reality is that they are people just like us and so they aren't perfect. I like the fact he is competitive and wants to play. I will leave it to the coaches to talk with him about how to express that positively.

5 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Tough one here. I noticed the same thing you did but I took it more of a competitor wanting to play and not being able to hide it. We all want every young man to be perfect but the reality is that they are people just like us and so they aren't perfect. I like the fact he is competitive and wants to play. I will leave it to the coaches to talk with him about how to express that positively.

What one would hope to see are players happy about the success of the team and their team mates......noticed guys all over the place congratulating #33 after his nice TD catch and many players on the sideline were openly grinning after JF3 ripped off a couple of his runs.   Meanwhile, I'm happy that Gus had the team take the knee at the end of the game....

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

What one would hope to see are players happy about the success of the team and their team mates......noticed guys all over the place congratulating #33 after his nice TD catch and many players on the sideline were openly grinning after JF3 ripped off a couple of his runs.   Meanwhile, I'm happy that Gus had the team take the knee at the end of the game....

And how do you know JF3 didn't do any of that?

17 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I like that. Thanks for putting that into perspective.

I didn't see it when watching the TV. I did see he got snaps in both games, he got more snaps in game #2, he got a little more of the playbook to run, he made better decisions, he ran the ball this time, he ran very well and he is explosive. If we hadn't been so far ahead he would have had some passing plays. When he does pass (I bet this week) it will catch the defense totally off guard and it will open up his running lanes even more. It's only a matter of time before he busts one of those runs for a 75 yd TD and then it's game on.

I mean it's understandable being upset when the coach won't let you pass one time in garbage time. I haven't seen the documentary, but I doubt he'll screw this opportunity up finally getting to a D-1.

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

Not until he's ready...no point in having him get one picked off and validating what people already think.  Hoping the attitude issue is just competitiveness and guess these days coaches have to put up with a certain amount of that. 

I'm good seeing KJ run the wildcat but it might be nice to see JF3 there too.  But for game #2, it was really important IMO for the projected starters to get lots of playing time after the performance last week.   If JF3 keeps it together, he will see more time JMO...and will bring a nice change of pace to the game.

PS.. I don't care if he ever throws a pass....that's not why he's here JMO

I disagree only because we do need to see something regarding his passing just in case SW goes down. If Gus doesn't have confidence in him as a QB don't put him out there and move him to another position. I'm happy with what SW did but i surely want to make sure we have a decent backup. Tonight was a good time for JF3 to throw 3-5 passes to give him and the staff a little confidence in that area just like we did with SW. I just don't get the notion that he can't throw at all. Maybe so but on the flipside it could be they're not putting enough trust in to do so. No different in how they did SW before last night. At some point you're going to have to open it up a little for a QB and not be scared. 

Hers the thing. When you're up by a lot, as a coach, you don't pass. You run the clock and get off the field. You don't want to prolong the game in any way. That's just how it is.

Archived