Landon Rice

auburnphan

It was definitely something personal or off the field...

He wasn't here long enough for Gus NOT to utilize him, so it wasn't from a lack of playing/use.

This stinks though, we need the depth.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Woodstock Tiger said:

So whatever he did is enough to get him removed from AU (or at least the team) yet no charges have been filed?  

We don't know that he was removed...maybe it was suggested he take some extended time off.

8 hours ago, GoAU said:

He didn't say you had to be a star athlete to get youthful offender status, all he said is some people can get it all the way up to age 20, and some are tried as adults.  He said being a star athlete may help get youthful offender status, but not that it was limited to athletes.

I know he didn't specifically say that only star athletes get it. 

2 hours ago, EagleFlight34 said:

Well, IF this happened, it is not something a person or their family would openly advertise. To automatically assume the coaches didn't do their home work, or just outright ignored such an issue is an easy out to place blame. I don't see that any coach can be blamed for not knowing this given when it may or may not have happened and the swift repercussions after it came to light.

I didn't blame any coaches... 

Jesus Christ its like both of you are just wanting to argue. 

You may not have went to the extent of actually blaming them, but you weren't far from it. Not trying to argue; just giving the benefit of the doubt to the coaching staff instead of sounding like I almost expect them to have made a possible bad situation even worse. 

You didn't blame, but you did sound like you have little faith in the coaches/AD to do the right thing.

1 hour ago, tiger88 said:

?? 

I said, "Didn't Rice enroll in January? Why are we saying this happened in high school,"

And then you said, "he isn't."

Maybe you or your buddy, randman, can explain what the heck you are talking about.

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I said, "Didn't Rice enroll in January? Why are we saying this happened in high school,"

Maybe you or your buddy, randman, can explain what the heck you are talking about.

WDE said it happened "in April, when the kids were out of school". 

You asked, "why are we saying it happened in hs?". 

Who is we? WDE didn't say it happened in hs. Why would he need to answer for what others are claiming? I only saw one  postet mention that it may have happened in hs and one say "if" it did happen in hs. 

Randman is probably just like me and annoyed by ?? When the ?? Is not clear. If you have a question, ask it. 

Hope this helps. I think everyone else understood what I meant from the get go. 

32 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Don't drag me into this. He's being sarcastic Jeff

11 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

WDE said it happened "in April, when the kids were out of school". 

You asked, "why are we saying it happened in hs?". 

Who is we? WDE didn't say it happened in hs. Why would he need to answer for what others are claiming? I only saw one  postet mention that it may have happened in hs and one say "if" it did happen in hs. 

Randman is probably just like me and annoyed by ?? When the ?? Is not clear. If you have a question, ask it. 

Hope this helps. I think everyone else understood what I meant from the get go. 

Oh okay, you said "he"( while referring to WDE) even though I never even quoted or mentioned him. So you nor randman can be annoyed at me for being unclear since "he isn't" was clear at all as well....Hence the question mark. 

Lot of people are saying this was a HS thing, just on other boards. I didn't realize that part of the rumor was left off on this one. My bad

Lets play some ball!!!!

8 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I know he didn't specifically say that only star athletes get it. 

I didn't blame any coaches... 

Jesus Christ its like both of you are just wanting to argue. 

Not arguing at all, just thought you had misread what he said. Would have been better that way than to contradict something you knew he didn't say.....

According to another forum, someone is posting flyers at AU dorms pleading Landon's innocence.  Apparently his accuser is a sorority sister at AU and these flyers are being addressed to her sisters to put pressure on her to drop her allegations.  The flyer then rambles on about how false rape accusations are rising on campuses across America, etc.  An image of this flyer was posted online, but I have no way to know if it's real or not.

Any AU students around here who would know?

10 hours ago, GoAU said:

Not arguing at all, just thought you had misread what he said. Would have been better that way than to contradict something you knew he didn't say.....

LoL gotcha. No worries my friend!

19 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

According to another forum, someone is posting flyers at AU dorms pleading Landon's innocence.  Apparently his accuser is a sorority sister at AU and these flyers are being addressed to her sisters to put pressure on her to drop her allegations.  The flyer then rambles on about how false rape accusations are rising on campuses across America, etc.  An image of this flyer was posted online, but I have no way to know if it's real or not.

Any AU students around here who would know?

not a good idea to do this...not good at all

7 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

not a good idea to do this...not good at all

That wasn't me who said that... 

Not by a long shot... Ive never even seen that "news" or "report" before.

AcUmen wrote that

That's one reason why I don't like the hurry up offense. Melzahn doesn't use the tight end. I still like the smash mouth offense that Dye and Tuberville ran.

40 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

That wasn't me who said that... 

Not by a long shot... Ive never even seen that "news" or "report" before.

AcUmen wrote that

something happened when i tried to quote that post, and yours popped up and as much as i tried, its the only post that would work...don't ask me, i don't know....so i just deleted the print and replied......i use chrome and sometimes its a experience on this website.....i may have done something wrong, but you know the "old dogs/new tricks stuff"

7 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

something happened when i tried to quote that post, and yours popped up and as much as i tried, its the only post that would work...don't ask me, i don't know....so i just deleted the print and replied......i use chrome and sometimes its a experience on this website.....i may have done something wrong, but you know the "old dogs/new tricks stuff"

I too have that issue when trying to quote people sometimes. Especially on my phone. How I fix it... See the box that says "source" in the top left of the reply box? Click it, and it will bring up the (I think HTML) code. Highlight all of it. Every bit. Then delete it. Make sure you hit the source button again once you are done, and then go back and quote who you ment to quote. 

It happens all the time since the website update. I wish we could still get the old layout. It was a lot easier. This one looks worlds better, but still has a few bugs. I think anyone who quotes the wrong person or comment, would agree. 

Hope that helps! WDE bud!

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet... what about Logan? Is he still on the team? That has to be very uncomfortable.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet... what about Logan? Is he still on the team? That has to be very uncomfortable.

Gus said in his press conference last night that Landon had left the team, the Rice family is a great family and that Logan is still on the team. 

Archived