Landon Rice

auburnphan

Landon, his dad, and his brother seemed to be all Auburn during his recruitment. Unless they finally had the epiphany that our TE's are never used, then I'm willing to believe the rumors are true. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

?

Like not good for AU or not good for Rice?

Rice...and AU. We lost a top talent TE. Hard to find players with his skill set,  but we can't become another Baylor either regardless of how good he is.

6 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

Some are saying "it" was before he got to AU. I guess we'll see.

If the Auburn PR dept has anything to do with it, then we( the public) will hopefully never find out. 

Wonder why the article says he left the team with a return unlikely? If he's cleared of wrongdoing, seems like Gus wouldn't close the door to him.  This whole thing stinks.

AU could put together quite a team of "misfit toys" with all the guys that have been booted or left on their own in the last few years!!

10 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Seriously, if rumors are true, this guy should be gone.  Think Baylor.  

wde

Definitely would be nice to have an understanding of some of the rumors though rather than ominous foreshadowing. Sources are blank at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Definitely would be nice to have an understanding of some of the rumors though rather than ominous foreshadowing. Sources are blank at the moment. 

Good point.  But sources on other boards (who may be wrong) are pointing to something not good for Rice.

wde

Flex, Most people here know where to find the rumor( tRant), half the people here probably already know what the rumor is, but, still ...we are not allowed to spread rumors...Are we allowed to imply the nature of the rumor? Saying the word Baylor should cover it lol.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Flex, Most people here know where to find the rumor( tRant), half the people here probably already know what the rumor is, but, still ...we are not allowed to spread rumors...Are we allowed to imply the nature of the rumor? Saying the word Baylor should cover it lol.

It unfortunately does. I managed to find it thankfully, and from what I've had the chance to read, they're just as confused about this. 

Just now, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

It unfortunately does. I managed to find it thankfully, and from what I've had the chance to read, they're just as confused about this. 

Peculiar rumors like these always seem to either end up being accurate or end up being a troll job. With Rice being kicked off, seems to be leaning to the former.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Peculiar rumors like these always seem to either end up being accurate or end up being a troll job. With Rice being kicked off, seems to be leaning to the former.

All I know is that this story could have started out of nowhere and right now it should be taken at face value from the reports. The way they're worded make it sound like Rice left of his own volition and won't be returning on his own. That's media wording. Trust me, if they could imply something juicy and get traffic and click-revenue, they would have probably used much more poignant wording just to be provocative.  

14 hours ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

All I know is that this story could have started out of nowhere and right now it should be taken at face value from the reports. The way they're worded make it sound like Rice left of his own volition and won't be returning on his own. That's media wording. Trust me, if they could imply something juicy and get traffic and click-revenue, they would have probably used much more poignant wording just to be provocative.  

Whatever the reason, it will not surprise me one bit to hear it. I've learned to expect the insanity just as much as the inevitable with this program. You could tell me that Lashlee quit the team to swim with the polar bears and I wouldnt flinch. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Lets wait and see.

Nope ....we are going to blame it on the coaches first...not worried about having any facts....that's the way of this Forum.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Nope ....we are going to blame it on the coaches first...not worried about having any facts....that's the way of this Forum.

Who is control of the program from recruiting to game day?

wde

Well this is very unfortunate. He was one of my favorite signees and I had real hopes he'd become the weapon we need at TE. Crap situation all around. 

I had some big message written out about how this destroys an already absolutely thin position for Auburn...

Then I got to thinking...

IF  "this happened" before Auburn... Did the coaches not know about it? Do we not do any sort of background checks on these recruits to make sure sure they are not in these sort of legal troubles? If so... We continued to recruit and sign him? If not? Why not? 

The depth chart doesnt matter in these types of cases...

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

I had some big message written out about how this destroys an already absolutely thin position for Auburn...

Then I got to thinking...

IF  "this happened" before Auburn... Did the coaches not know about it? Do we not do any sort of background checks on these recruits to make sure sure they are not in these sort of legal troubles? If so... We continued to recruit and sign him? If not? Why not? 

The depth chart doesnt matter in these types of cases...

That's why there can't be much credence given to rumors at the moment. Not until something substantial turns up.

35 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Have not seen one coach brought up in this thread. Happened in April when the kids were out of school. 

15 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Have not seen one coach brought up in this thread. Happened in April when the kids were out of school. 

Then you missed this gem..

49 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Who is control of the program from recruiting to game day?

wde

Why couldn't he just smoke pot while carrying a stolen gun like most kids???

1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

?

Like not good for AU or not good for Rice?

Bad for Rice.  Without going into detail, it has nothing to do with Auburn and it isn't a case of Rice being "mad" about anything relating to football.  It is something totally personal and unrelated.  Poor Gus just can't catch a break with these distractions. 

I would be interested in hearing a "yes" or "no" from austudent23 as to whether these rumors are true.  

29 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

That's why there can't be much credence given to rumors at the moment. Not until something substantial turns up.

Do you really think something will? Isnt he young enough to be a youthful offender? Meaning we never hear a word about what happened?

Archived