Robinson's accuser recants

EclecticTiger

6 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This is garbage . Jovon should be reinstated. No questions asked. The girl should be punished. That's lie could ruin someone's life. Unreal man

Unfortunately he cant. He is enrolled at like Valdosta St or something. 

Unless I am misunderstanding how transfers work... 

But even if we could, do you think he would come back? He was pretty vocal about not doing what he was accused of...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This is garbage . Jovon should be reinstated. No questions asked. The girl should be punished. That's lie could ruin someone's life. Unreal man

I believe when a person intentionally lies about something like that to get money or what ever it is they want they should get the same punishment as the person accused would have got if found guilty. 

9 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Unfortunately he cant. He is enrolled at like Valdosta St or something. 

Unless I am misunderstanding how transfers work... 

But even if we could, do you think he would come back? He was pretty vocal about not doing what he was accused of...

Last I heard, the Valdosta St thing was all rumor and he's still not connected to any school. He's not on their roster.

If he had the opportunity to come back, he'd be stupid not to. NCAA regs won't allow him a better stage to show what he's got before he runs out of eligibility.

3 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Could, at the least, be awkward.

No lie there.  Gus would have to suck up some pride.

6 minutes ago, WDE427 said:

I believe when a person intentionally lies about something like that to get money or what ever it is they want they should get the same punishment as the person accused would have got if found guilty. 

Accusers would never come forward then.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Last I heard, the Valdosta St thing was all rumor and he's still not connected to any school. He's not on their roster.

If he had the opportunity to come back, he'd be stupid not to. NCAA regs won't allow him a better stage to show what he's got before he runs out of eligibility.

Hmm. Thats interesting. I was just going off of this

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburnauthority/2016/08/15/report-jovon-robinson-transferring-d-ii-valdosta-state/88770480/

I mean, I AM on the left coast... So its COMPLETELY possible.

Anyway I would love for him to return, I just don't see it. Especially if he has been contacted by a lawyer. No way he even answers the phone if we call (assuming he talked to a lawyer.)

Just now, AUDevil said:

Accusers would never come forward then.

True. I didn't think about that but there has to be a way to stop falsely accusing people with stuff that can destroy their lives. 

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

Yea... someone said it was happening and a couple of less than professional sports reporters jumped on it, but soon after bit Jovon and Valdosta came out and said there was nothing to the story.

Just now, WDE427 said:

True. I didn't think about that but there has to be a way to stop falsely accusing people with stuff that can destroy their lives. 

That's the million dollar question that has plagued humanity since the beginning of time.  Sucks for women who are never believed and sucks for men falsely accused.  Both are equally bad.

Just now, Weagle_Weagle said:

Rather than going to the police, she emailed Gus Malzahn at 3am. 

Sounds like she was just mad at Jovon and wanted to screw him over. Mission accomplished...

Yup... according to the main report, she claimed two past incidents as well, but there is no record of her ever reporting anything or seeking medical attention.  It's the modern day version of torching a guy's trans-am.

Tbh this doesn't matter. This wasn't the only issue the team had with Javon. There is a reason he was consistenly in the dog house. Much like with Duke last year, I think the team is better off without him. 

Also don't think a law suit would go very far. He wasn't exactly a model citizen during his time here. 

I'm wondering why this happened in the 1st place. What prompted the girl to say this in the 1st place? I mean... I don't want to think she would of been paid to get someone off our team... but stranger things have happened.... One must simply visit Toomers Corner to see that strange things do in fact happen...

If it didnt happen, why say it? If it did, why recant? There is more to this story. I'm just wondering if it will ever come out...

15 minutes ago, WDE427 said:

So,

At risk of sounding simple as I am,

We should kick her off the team?

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I'm wondering why this happened in the 1st place. What prompted the girl to say this in the 1st place? I mean... I don't want to think she would of been paid to get someone off our team... but stranger things have happened.... One must simply visit Toomers Corner to see that strange things do in fact happen...

If it didnt happen, why say it? If it did, why recant? There is more to this story. I'm just wondering if it will ever come out...

The way I read it, she was pissed that he kicked her out of his room, and in a moment of pure emotion, decided to get back at him by going to Gus.  When she realized that she had done A LOT more damage than she had anticipate, then she recanted.

3 minutes ago, oposssum said:

I see it as another screw up from Gus as well as stupid Title IX regulations.  Robinson should sue and should win.  

Who should he sue?  How did Gus screw this up?

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

So beating the hell out of Marshall Taylor isn't reason enough? 

I've yet to actually see any verifiable account of what happened that night that even imply that he personally beat up Marshall.  The closest I've seen is speculation that he got some other guys to jump him because they were fighting over a girl, and that is just speculation.  Maybe he did, maybe he didn't... but if that's the only reason, they better have solid evidence that it happened that way.

I guess I missed the part where Jovon was dismissed for assaulting a woman.  I don't remember that ever happening, but I guess you guys have better memories than I.

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I guess I missed the part where Jovon was dismissed for assaulting a woman.  I don't remember that ever happening, but I guess you guys have better memories than I.

It was identified as a key factor in his dismissal.

11 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Who should he sue?  How did Gus screw this up?

As I read the report, it was less on Gus and more on the Title IX person for not doing full due diligence and keeping Gus completely in the loop.  Still, he could sue Gus, the Title IX person, and pretty much anyone else who was involved in the process of handling Title IX reports.

Just now, cole256 said:

If that happens then what? You are evidence as to why he should sue, ruined his name

Heck with his name... potentially ruined his chance at a multi-million dollar contract to play football. Certainly took away his best opportunity for the largest paycheck he could earn.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

It was identified as a key factor in his dismissal.

I don't think that's correct...I remember Gus being pretty tight lipped about it.  That's an area where Auburn usually does pretty well...making non-committal public statements that don;t come back and bite them in court.

Now I'm sure fans and media speculated about it.

Just now, AUDevil said:

I don't think that's correct...I remember Gus being pretty tight lipped about it.  That's an area where Auburn usually does pretty well...making non-committal public statements that don;t come back and bite them in court.

Now I'm sure fans and media speculated about it.

Let me rephrase.  It was identified as a key factor in his dismissal by the current investigation.

Archived