Malzahn's Weekly Presser - Arkansas State Game

tombigbeetiger

Well at least he sees that it did not work. That is a good thing!

Now comes the next step - designing the O to fit Sean's strengths (I really wish he would have taken the time in the spring/fall to do this but I digress). But maybe that is what they are going to start doing this week...and maybe they will pass the ball more on first down...and maybe the quick short passes will take some pressure off of the OL which is not playing well...and maybe this will open up the running game...

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

My biggest smack-downs always come from my wife.  Just sayin'....

Oh yes.  My lovely bride of almost 30 years gives this a big thumbs up.  

wde

22 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

skip, don't tell me that you actually believe that was the reason?.....

I actually believe that reasoning.

3 minutes ago, AUFan21 said:

I had heard Bo got really upset on the sidelines but that is hearsay. Supposedly, there is a video but I can't find it.

i didn't see him upset, his face showed more of something along the line of disgust

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Faith officially, all be it temporarily, restored in Gus.  Now we wait until Saturday.

I was on the Gus bus until other night but I'm not ready to get back on the bus until I see it has been overhauled and running wide open down the highway.Then I will get back in my seat.

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Oh yes.  My lovely bride of almost 30 years gives this a big thumbs up.  

wde

2 weeks from today will be 20 years for me and my better half.  She hates that I always remember our anniversary by checking to see when the LSU game is...

It was brought up by someone in the media in the presser today that Clemsons defensive coordinator got word of some plays we might run Thursday before the game.  There is an indication there might be a mole.  Anybody heard anymore on this?  And how do you prevent something like this from happening?

41 minutes ago, AUFan21 said:

I really think Gus got a talking to this weekend. You don't unite a fan base with all the hatred they had towards one person without someone saying something. I have no proof but just my opinion.

I hope he got a talking to, and I hope this is the result.  When you pull an embarrassing stunt like that on ESPN prime time, you deserve a talking to.

Hopeful at last. This is exactly what I hoped to hear from Gus. I feel like we can have a solid team with Sean WHite and Franklin. Good for Gus if this is truly the case.

1 hour ago, AUFan21 said:

I had heard Bo got really upset on the sidelines but that is hearsay. Supposedly, there is a video but I can't find it.

I would hate to have Bo Jackson upset at me... and I also bet if Cam said something to him he'd listen.

Cam say's : "Hey Coach... even I couldn't make that Game plan work.

6 minutes ago, JGLEATON said:

I would hate to have Bo Jackson upset at me... and I also bet if Cam said something to him he'd listen.

Cam say's : "Hey Coach... even I couldn't make that Game plan work.

Cam WAS all 3 quarterbacks... :muscles:

I really like that he said "we thought it would be a good plan, but it wasn't" regarding the 3 QB Jackson Pollock experiment

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I really like that he said "we thought it would be a good plan, but it wasn't" regarding the 3 QB Jackson Pollock experiment

Jackson Pollock... holy crap... perfect. 

Tiger, you're just showing off now. 

:bow:

19 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Jackson Pollock... holy crap... perfect. 

Tiger, you're just showing off now. 

:bow:

lolol man just trying to sprinkle some creativity on my frustrations

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

"Sprinkle some creativity"... the man is on fire!

That video was actually more interesting than watching the AU offense Saturday night...

Just now, AUsince72 said:

That video was actually more interesting than watching the AU offense Saturday night...

I certainly had an easier time understanding the artist's vision. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

And the final result was much prettier.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

And the final result was much prettier.

and WAY more organized....

but I'm sure it's still OFFENSIVE to some purists... :Sing:

If SW is going to be the starter he needs to calm down. When he runs on the field it looked like he got everyone nervous. He is running around like a chicken with his head cut off and doesn't really get settled enough to check out the Def.. I don't have a favorite at QB mostly because I don't think any of them are that good. SW should look good this week mostly because of the other team but if he doesn't I think we will hurry the Woody even more. I think it's fine to burn the Redshirt because I don't think next years starter is not on campus right now.   

Just now, JGLEATON said:

and WAY more organized....

but I'm sure it's still OFFENSIVE to some purists... :Sing:

I wish I had some *LIKES* left... I'd give you two of them!

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I wish I had some *LIKES* left... I'd give you two of them!

I'm out too... seems like I've been out since Sunday...  But I "like" what I'm hearing from Gus,

I just REALLY hope we see a well designed Offense and game plan for SW to run and be successful starting this week.

Maybe a Little more Edward Hopper as opposed to Jackson Pollack...

Archived