Malzahn's Weekly Presser - Arkansas State Game

tombigbeetiger

8 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Seems like the OL play is getting tremendously overlooked here.  As mad as I was after the game I have had time to think it over and if the OL had blocked better it seems like the QB plan may have worked better.  That being said I am glad we are back down to a normal QB rotation. 

herb hand presided over a record-setting oline at penn state last year.....it set records for "most sacks allowed" in the history of penn state football.....i see why,too....jb grimes says "hey gus, how do i look to you now"

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So true...can strip you bare with one look.

:-X

3 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

herb hand presided over a record-setting oline at penn state last year.....it set records for "most sacks allowed" in the history of penn state football.....i see why,too....jb grimes says "hey gus, how do i look to you now"

Once again,  JB grimes left to coach with his son. I would imagine the cancer he had made him re evaluate what he wanted in life. 

I really think Gus got a talking to this weekend. You don't unite a fan base with all the hatred they had towards one person without someone saying something. I have no proof but just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So true...can strip you bare with one look.

Too bad the reverse isn't true for us dudes.  That would be an awesome talent to have. 

Put on a little Barry White and get "the look" ready for when the wife walks in.....

Just now, AUFan21 said:

I really think Gus got a talking to this weekend. You don't unite a fan base with all the hatred they had towards one person without someone saying something. I have no proof but just my opinion.

I agree.  Seems like someone really got in his ear. Gus seemed very defiant in the post game presser so this is a big turnaround and a pride swallowing moment for Gus.  Hope it leads to better things on Saturdays. 

1 minute ago, AUFan21 said:

Could be but who gave Gus the talking to?

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

wde

Charles "that's turrible" Barkley, of course.  Or maybe it was Takeo.  (Takeo's Twitter feed was critical of the QB carousel, and nobody crosses Takeo.) 

Deshaun Davis

Will Hastings ...

11 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

My biggest smack-downs always come from my wife.  Just sayin'....

I hope Gus sticks to what he said,this  playing 3 qb's is not working.If were going to have a power running game I think Pettway has to get in the game.I like KJ but he doesn't have the power like Pettway,but we will know more if we ever get to see him play.

14 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Once again,  JB grimes left to coach with his son. I would imagine the cancer he had made him re evaluate what he wanted in life. 

14 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

skip, don't tell me that you actually believe that was the reason?.....

21 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

Seriously, all you have done the past 3 months is complain about one thing or another. Stop living in the past and start supporting the team. Damn...

I believe Gus swallowed that game pretty well because he needed too! Bad decision to go with that mess. He has 11 games....time to own up and make some noise or warm up the moving van.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Seriously, all you have done the past 3 months is complain about one thing or another. Stop living in the past and start supporting the team. Damn...

have i said anything that wasn't or isn't true?....i support the team, but i value the program much more than i do a fraud for a football coach....i will be negative until i see something that makes me think the program is on the upswing, or malzahn is gone....do you see anything that gives you confidence?......i guess you could give him credit for the defense by hiring kevin steele and leaving him alone.....the trend is downward and you know it

That may be the case tombigbeetiger but this fraud at least did something that no other coach had been able to do since Shug (not Tubbs or Dyes fault that the old rankings system was a fraud) and that's lead the team to the promised land...once as a coordinator and once as the head coach. Now it doesn't mean he's clear to be a joker either but you go beyond being negative. It's your right and I'm down with that but sometimes you just need to back away and let things happen. .02

29 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

I had heard Bo got really upset on the sidelines but that is hearsay. Supposedly, there is a video but I can't find it.

Archived