Auburn 13 Clemson 19 - Postgame Pressers

RunInRed

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Gus is doubling down hard. My man. 

He said he was going to be more hands on. Maybe he needs to be hands off? 

That comment about Sean White being #1 because he got to start was just ridiculous. 

35 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

So musical QBs is going to be our offensive strategy moving forward?

I don't really understand it, but I hope it starts working sooner rather than later.

The strategy of confusing the defense actually just confused everyone!

12 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

He said he was going to be more hands on. Maybe he needs to be hands off? 

That comment about Sean White being #1 because he got to start was just ridiculous. 

Very ridiculous

If Gus stops being stubborn on O (or Rhett or the combo or whoever it may be) and can go to an offense like 2009, we could be a top SEC team this year. Let SW sling the ball when he needs to and when he gets in a groove, let him go crazy...seems like the kind of player he is. You can tell when that fire under SW gets lit. 

Sprinkle in some jf3 and if he gets a defense on their heels like Clemson was, let him keep going. 

With how good our D looked, we need to be one of those Gus offenses that's goal is always to get 70+ plays a game. With our defense, we can afford the turnover or two that may come from running those 20 extra plays. 

I just wish someone would ask...

1.  Please explain exactly what you were doing and why.  (The mystification is what keeps me worked up.  I want to hear him explain his logic with his offensive...pun intended...offensive plan.  It's only then that we'll know the next course of action for the best of the program.)

2.  Did the results prove your venture successful?  (No more hypotheticals or grand ideas.  Data doesn't lie...hear it in my world all the time.  Scrap the fancy and do what works.  Admit it when it doesn't.)

3.  What will you do with the facts now?  (My sweet mom always said, "Now what did you LEARN from that?" It was never acceptable not to learn and implement something better for the future.)

If we KNEW or had concrete evidence that humility would render changes, I bet we would settle down.  It's the incomprehensible product AND the incomprehensible post-game response--real or perceived--to it that just won't go away.  I have ALWAYS sought toward the positive...but I, too, know the definition of insanity.  Praying for mountains of ignorance, stubbornness, and confusion to melt.

P.S. We can't, don't, and shouldn't know everything.  Life in a public arena requires honest self-before-system evaluation, however.

I dont think i understand why people are so hard on JJ. He threw one pick and that DB went WAY up for it. It was an inch away from being a perfect pass that we would be talking about being a top play today. Other than that play, he took care of the ball well. Everyone says they feel bad for sean for the way they kept pulling him. He has virtually nothing for an arm. Kyle davis was WIDE OPEN on that deep pass and he could barely get it within a catchable range. 

I cannot understand why our coaches would not just let one QB play either way. Put me in the boat with the people that genuinely dont care who starts. As long as it is ONE STARTER.

Gus ought to be glad I'm not a reporter because I would have trolled the crap outta him with those qb questions.

29 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Gus ought to be glad I'm not a reporter because I would have trolled the crap outta him with those qb questions.

Right. What does he expect from reporters when what he did with the qbs flies in the face of convention.

2 hours ago, cammycam2 said:

I dont think i understand why people are so hard on JJ. He threw one pick and that DB went WAY up for it. It was an inch away from being a perfect pass that we would be talking about being a top play today. Other than that play, he took care of the ball well. Everyone says they feel bad for sean for the way they kept pulling him. He has virtually nothing for an arm. Kyle davis was WIDE OPEN on that deep pass and he could barely get it within a catchable range. 

I cannot understand why our coaches would not just let one QB play either way. Put me in the boat with the people that genuinely dont care who starts. As long as it is ONE STARTER.

Did you happen to notice Sean getting knocked down on the pass to Kyle? The pocket immediately collapsed and he threw a pretty decent ball IMO. 

JJ, on that INT? Did you see the video replay from behind JJ? He simply saw a Defensive player closing in to his right, and to avoid getting hit, did not step into the pocket, or scramble back to his left, but simply flung it without stepping into it. 

The result? An underthrown ball that simply allowed a defender to go up and get it. He HAS to throw it to the endzone so ONLY the WR has a chance to get it. JJ was the same as before. Tentative in his passing.

I would rather have a Sean White who has the fire and doesnt care if he gets hit in order to complete his pass.

Great play by the defense. I also have to hand it to Sean White for not telling Gus to take a hike I'm not going back out there. When I played I could have quite an attitude and would have been very tempted. Or at least not come off the field. WDE!

8 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

JJ, on that INT? Did you see the video replay from behind JJ? He simply saw a Defensive player closing in to his right, and to avoid getting hit, did not step into the pocket, or scramble back to his left, but simply flung it without stepping into it. 

The result? An underthrown ball that simply allowed a defender to go up and get it. He HAS to throw it to the endzone so ONLY the WR has a chance to get it. JJ was the same as before. Tentative in his passing.

I would rather have a Sean White who has the fire and doesnt care if he gets hit in order to complete his pass.

I dont think i understand how its acceptable to some for sean to underthrow a pass by a mile, but not for JJ to underthrow one by a matter of inches.

10 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I suppose sean was trying to knock down a bird with the missed td pass to cox too, and thats OK, right?

2 hours ago, cammycam2 said:

I'm no SW apologist, but that ball that was under thrown was due to massive pressure from their end. His arm isn't the problem. 

44 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Did you happen to notice Sean getting knocked down on the pass to Kyle? The pocket immediately collapsed and he threw a pretty decent ball IMO. 

Just rewatched it multiple times. He got knocked down well after he let that pass go. It was just a bad pass

Archived