Auburn vs Clemson Score Predictions

War Knight

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

My OPR predictions:

optimistic: Auburn by 7

pessimistic: Clemson by 30

realistic: Clemson by 17 (31-14 type game)

It will be one of the bigger upsets in AU history if AU wins.

One of the bigger upsets in Auburn history?? I really don't think so. We have loads of talent on this team. We are lacking at one position which is qb. That is the most important position on the field but saying it would be one of the bigger upsets in Auburn history is a strong statement to make.  We have way to much talent to be saying this would be one of the bigger upsets in history. 

My prediction:

Auburn 34

Clemson 27.

We get to Watson early and often Saturday I feel very confident saying that statement.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, austudnt23 said:

One of the bigger upsets in Auburn history?? I really don't think so. We have loads of talent on this team. We are lacking at one position which is qb. That is the most important position on the field but saying it would be one of the bigger upsets in Auburn history is a strong statement to make.  We have way to much talent to be saying this would be one of the bigger upsets in history. 

My prediction:

Auburn 34

Clemson 27.

We get to Watson early and often Saturday I feel very confident saying that statement.

Hope your right 23............fingers crossed

25 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

My prediction:

Auburn 34

Clemson 27.

I actually have the same score. Watson is going to get his but the defense makes a couple of stands in the redzone and Clemson settles for 2 fgs and I think at least 1 TO

41 minutes ago, Fricking Ray said:

I have to see this defense to believe all of the hype. However I hope this is the season we get back to playing Auburn defense.

U will see them in a big way Saturday IMO. Even without SR who will make a big impact when he returns I think our secondary will hold their own like u said Watson will get his, but I think he will be running for his life alot of the game.

Just now, austudnt23 said:

U will see them in a big way Saturday IMO. Even without SR who will make a big impact when he returns I think our secondary will hold their own like u said Watson will get his, but I think he will be running for his life alot of the game.

IMO shutting down their run game and making them one dimensional is key. Gallman gets overlooked for the most part despite being a very good player. If we can make them one dimensional we can win the game. It all starts up front so its on our D-line and out LB's filling the gaps. I also understand this is probably the best offense we will face this year. I hope that you are right and I am pleasantly surprised.

I think the defenses will bend some until they reach the redzone causing lots of field goals.  AU 22 Clem 19

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

I disagree about Watson running around for his life the whole game. I think AU knocks him out of the game early. 

4 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

AU 16

CU 10

When did Pat Dye & Danny Ford get back into coaching?

Ok guys. I have NCAA Football 14 on my Xbox360. This is the last version EA sports made.  However they allow for updating of rosters. 

I set the starting lineup off of our depth chart. I also did the same for Clemson. I looked through both ours and Clemson's roster to make sure everyone is rated fairly. After making a few small adjustments, I simulated this game 10 times. 

In the 10 attempts, Clemson won 7. The 3 that we won, were high flying affairs. Our losses... Well Clemson still had a field day. The combined average score was Clemson 44 Auburn 35.

I will stick with this prediction. See how close it is, and if its anywhere in the same ball park, then I'll do this each week.

Clemson 44 Auburn 35

This is with my head:

Clempsun: 31, Auburn: 27

This is with my heart:

Auburn: 41, Clempsun: 33

The heart wants what it wants, and needs what it needs. I need AU to beat Clemson, and if ya try sometimes, ya get what ya need!!

13 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

It will be one of the bigger upsets in AU history if AU wins.

7.5 to 8 point dog no where near approaches bigger upsets in AU history. We have a number of double digit dog wins in our history. Spread wise a W tomorrow will not make AU's Top 10 biggest upset list in the past 30 years alone. It would be big & nice not not one of the bigger ones.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

7.5 to 8 point dog no where near approaches bigger upsets in AU history. We have a number of double digit dog wins in our history. Spread wise a W tomorrow will not make AU's Top 10 biggest upset list in the past 30 years alone. It would be big & nice not not one of the bigger ones.

Yeah, the 2007 team in the Swamp says hi 

6 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Yeah, the 2007 team in the Swamp says hi 

2001 says it louder. 21 or 26.5 dogs depending on the site/source.

Alright, I'm rarely even close on final scores.  Used to be decent at spreads and records but scores?  Nah.

But for the sake of fun on Friday I'll say CU - 37 vs AU - 34 in a heart-breaker.

I just have a gut feeling that CU will jump out to a quick "big" lead early but the D settles down and takes care of business while the AU offense slowly picks away at the lead and even has a chance (late) to win it.

While it will be a gut-wrenching defeat, we will see inspired football played by our team and they will lay the foundation for a tremendous season where this will be 1 of only 2 regular season defeats.

....now on Sunday morning, anybody who happens to read this will know what a knucklehead I am when it comes to predictions...

Archived