Stephen Roberts Arrested

Charleston Tiger

Just not a smart idea to run from the cops. Not only does it give off the vibe that he's guilty but considering all the wild BS cops have been up to lately he could've been shot and killed or injured

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

I will go first! Puff, puff, pass!:hellyeah:  

Hey man, don't bogart it, man. 

Hey man, is that Freedom Rock???  Well turn it up, man!  (That's an old reference the younger whippersnappers may not get.)

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Guns =/= weed. 

I usually agree with you in most things. Not on this one. Guns kill people. That plant doesn't.

I think we are missing something. When Roberts ran. Was he chased down by a Police Officer on foot?  If so what is that Officers 40 time? Does that Officer have any eligabity? What does That Officer bench? Things are starting to get to serious, chill out people. The coaches will make a decision we will go with it like it or not (see Sean White forum) and I will drink bourbon all day Saturday, while supporting my tigers, because that's all I can do. Speaking of bourbon, I'm out. 

1 minute ago, Woodstock Tiger said:

Hey man, don't bogart it, man. 

Hey man, is that Freedom Rock???  Well turn it up, man!  (That's an old reference the younger whippersnappers may not get.)

2 hours ago, keesler said:

Charged with attempting to allude police and carrying gun without a permit.   What was he doing to attract the attention of the police, why did he try to allude them, and why did he need a gun in his possession? 

Because any free person should have the right to have a gun.  Gun laws are ridiculous.  The only problem I see here is him running from the police, which may or not be true.

47 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If he was at Alabama or FSU, this wouldn't be an issue 

Make the right decision here Gus....

What do you consider the right decision to be? This isn't anywhere close to the charges Cam and Hootie and UAT were arrested for. They were arrested on felony gun charges with drugs, and Cam with a stolen felony gun charge. Roberts received 2 misdemeanor charges. Saban handled their discipline internally and I believe that is what should happen with Roberts. I don't know yet what Gus is planning on doing.  It was a stupid move by SR. IMO SR should not be suspended for any games, but maybe sit him for the first half and some sort of punishment similar to what Cam and Hootie were given where they had to put in work and classes at the police station.  I do believe Gus will suspend Robert's all that being said.

1 minute ago, oposssum said:

Because any free person should have the right to have a gun.  Gun laws are ridiculous.  The only problem I see here is him running from the police, which may or not be true.

Eluding is a grey area. It can mean taking to long to stop to hauling ass.

1 hour ago, BlueFrogg said:

We are already widely known/thought of as a dirty program, keeping guys like this on the team doesn't help.

Don't agree with this.  Since when were we known as a dirty program?  We are ranked at the top in the SEC with the fewest arrests.  In the past 5 years we have had 13 arrests.  Georgia had 22, Florida had 24, Missouri had 20, Ole Miss had 20, Tennessee had 19, Alabama had 18, Kentucky had 18, LSU had 16, Arkansas had 14.

1 hour ago, BlueFrogg said:

I hope we don't see him at all. I hope they've already packed his locker up and removed him from the team. And I hope Gus continues to do this moving forward just like he did with Jovon. We are already widely known/thought of as a dirty program, keeping guys like this on the team doesn't help.

Come on now are you serious? Kick a kid off the team for 2 misdemeanors? That would not be the right move. 

12 minutes ago, AUTIGERinSC said:

Eluding is a grey area. It can mean taking to long to stop to hauling ass.

"Darting out of the car" sounds like the latter.

By the time he gets out of Gus's doghouse, he might as well transfer.

I'd withhold judgement until we knew the nature of the stop (broken tail light v 50mph in a 20), if he evaded in car or own foot?  How fuzz came to know he had a gun?  Whether the gun was on his person or simply in the car?

I'd imagine he got ruffed up pretty good by the cops if he ran.  Might not be ready for the game either way.  Lesson learned, always keep your NRA, concealed carry info with you at all times kids.

2 hours ago, Piketiger1990 said:

If I'm not mistaken you can carry in your vehicle but it cannot be loaded and must be locked away out of reach.

That's what I have been told by a friend of mine.

I am going to relax and let this play out. I don't like it but there could be a logical explanation that mitigates the perceived stupidity. If so I am all in with it. I hope they get it figured out soon .  

16 minutes ago, kd4au said:

That's what I have been told by a friend of mine.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/05/bill_allowing_loaded_handguns.html

What good is a gun if its unloaded, locked away and out of reach?     Alabama passed a law that treats your car similar to your home  (same law in georgia)   You can have a loaded weapon in clear view while in the vehicle. 

Sure hope you dont carry on a daily. 

45 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

What do you consider the right decision to be? This isn't anywhere close to the charges Cam and Hootie and UAT were arrested for. They were arrested on felony gun charges with drugs, and Cam with a stolen felony gun charge. Roberts received 2 misdemeanor charges. Saban handled their discipline internally and I believe that is what should happen with Roberts. I don't know yet what Gus is planning on doing.  It was a stupid move by SR. IMO SR should not be suspended for any games, but maybe sit him for the first half and some sort of punishment similar to what Cam and Hootie were given where they had to put in work and classes at the police station.  I do believe Gus will suspend Robert's all that being said.

I wouldn't have made that post if I thought Gus was going to give him a pat on the back and keep it moving 

3 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/05/bill_allowing_loaded_handguns.html

What good is a gun if its unloaded?     Alabama passed a law that treats your car similar to your home  (same law in georgia)   You can have a loaded weapon in clear view while in the vehicle. 

Your link stated a permit is required to carry a loaded gun.The law has not passed the house only the senate.FWIW  I agree with the law the guy is trying to pass,you should not have pay for a permit for something that is your  right.

13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I wouldn't have made that post if I thought Gus was going to give him a pat on the back and keep it moving 

So you are with me that there doesn't need to be some severe punishment like multiple game suspension. Saban has given CGM an out here and he needs to take it. SR is a valuable player for us who was expected to be a very good player for us this year. SR will breakout this year. A multiple game suspension would throw a wrench in that though. Also no I am not saying because he is a good player and probable starter go easy on him, I don't think his offense warrants anything more than a 1st half against Clemson suspension at most. I personally would handle the while thing internally without suspending him from any games.

28 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

What good is a gun if its unloaded, locked away and out of reach?    

Well, you could throw it at a perpetrator.  I mean, unloaded guns inside boxes are still heavy.  It could leave a nasty bruise on said perpetrator if you throw it hard enough. 

1 minute ago, Woodstock Tiger said:

Well, you could throw it at a perpetrator.  I mean, unloaded guns inside boxes are still heavy.  It could leave a nasty bruise on said perpetrator if you throw it hard enough. 

You could also write a strongly worded memo and give it to the perp. :)

23 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

So you are with me that there doesn't need to be some severe punishment like multiple game suspension. Saban has given CGM an out here and he needs to take it. SR is a valuable player for us who was expected to be a very good player for us this year. SR will breakout this year. A multiple game suspension would throw a wrench in that though. Also no I am not saying because he is a good player and probable starter go easy on him, I don't think his offense warrants anything more than a 1st half against Clemson suspension at most. I personally would handle the while thing internally without suspending him from any games.

I agree, a half a game, maybe a whole game.  Anything more sends a wrong message and will ultimately come back to bite you on the recruiting trail.

Guys, guys, guys..if the arresting officer was able to catch him when he 'bolted' he is OBVIOUSLY not that fast. We dont need slow. Next up :)

*sarcasm*

23 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I just can't get on board with that- I would remove him from the equation. But I'm not a coach or parent, so I don't have that half of the equation to consider.

That said, I agree with your Saban precedence, though. It wouldn't be inconceivable for him to handle it internally without punishment. He's got that option, but I wouldn't go that light.

Based on current information, that is. Could be wrong.

Archived