Stephen Roberts Arrested

Charleston Tiger

16 minutes ago, BlueFrogg said:

I hope we don't see him at all. I hope they've already packed his locker up and removed him from the team. And I hope Gus continues to do this moving forward just like he did with Jovon. We are already widely known/thought of as a dirty program, keeping guys like this on the team doesn't help.

Oh good, your back and you brought your sunshine. :yay:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Piketiger1990 said:

No problem, With a name like Woodstock I figured you'd be a little more chill. :rimshot::coffee:

I'm just cranky this morning.  I loosen up after lunch!  (Tired of turning on the computer and seeing another negative story.  I could only imagine having to deal with all these kids regularly). 

23 minutes ago, BlueFrogg said:

I hope we don't see him at all. I hope they've already packed his locker up and removed him from the team. And I hope Gus continues to do this moving forward just like he did with Jovon. We are already widely known/thought of as a dirty program, keeping guys like this on the team doesn't help.

:rolleyes: 

Back away from the bong.  

5 minutes ago, au75 said:

Let the court do its thing and then see where we are in process.  MY $.02.

It's interesting to me, how people are inclined to hold their own little online court in these situations. I'm not judging it, as it's clearly a popular pastime. Just interesting to me. 

3 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Ah, so he was fearing for his life. Ok. 

You haven't been watching the news on police killings of African Americans? my view on police will never match yours

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's interesting to me, how people are inclined to hold their own little online court in these situations. I'm not judging it, as it's clearly a popular pastime. Just interesting to me. 

I usually agree.

My problem is the simple brain function at play here. You're an Auburn football player, at college for free, starting in the SEC as a sophomore looking at a pro career if you do the right things- also on a team where previous players have died from guns.

SO at what point did any thoughts enter his brain? Before he rode with people with a gun? So maybe He didn't know the gun was there. OK. so then he decided that running from law enforcement was the RIGHT move? 

I just don't get it. I've messed up plenty of times and faced the music. He should do the same. Actions have consequences.

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's just what we do, unfortunately. Are you not entertained!? 

6 minutes ago, CCslim said:

You haven't been watching the news on police killings of African Americans? my view on police will never match yours

That's borderline politics and frankly has no place in this forum.

19 posts in and making inflammatory remarks? Good start.

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

That's borderline politics and frankly has no place in this forum.

Agree...it was not police who shot three different young men in Auburn the last few years.....a few of them being football players.

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I usually agree.

My problem is the simple brain function at play here. You're an Auburn football player, at college for free, starting in the SEC as a sophomore looking at a pro career if you do the right things- also on a team where previous players have died from guns.

SO at what point did any thoughts enter his brain? Before he rode with people with a gun? So maybe He didn't know the gun was there. OK. so then he decided that running from law enforcement was the RIGHT move? 

I just don't get it. I've messed up plenty of times and faced the music. He should do the same. Actions have consequences.

I just re-read my post and realized how it came across. I was not suggesting "own little online court" as in "pitchforks and torches". I more meant discussing the specifics of the event- Was he driving? Where was the gun when he was pulled over? Did he exit the car? How? Like, it actually sounds a little like the DA and the defending attorney questioning witnesses and stuff. Except there are no witnesses here, lol. 

Definitely not defending the kid. Guns =/= weed. It would be very par for the course if the Auburn kid is used to send a message where the bama kids weren't, but I wouldn't argue against it.

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think that particular person needs to step towards it, actually ;)

In fact, I'm inclined to think that Aufamily needs to collectively take a step toward it. 

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I just re-read my post and realized how it came across. I was not suggesting "own little online court" as in "pitchforks and torches". I more meant discussing the specifics of the event- Was he driving? Where was the gun when he was pulled over? Did he exit the car? How? Like, it actually sounds a little like the DA and the defending attorney questioning witnesses and stuff. Except there are no witnesses here, lol. 

I'm certainly guilty of what you are pointing regarding the details of such a case.  In my defense, I don't have patience to wait for a judge/jury.  Let's just hang em now and worry about the actual guilt/innocence later!  I got things to do man, places to be.  (Not really - I just like knowing specifics so I can opine on them ad nauseam.)

20 minutes ago, CCslim said:

Anyway you are just fishing for an excuse and someone to blame. I hate that yet another one of our starters are being stupid and putting themselves in a position to be arrested. I am not saying he is guilty. I fought for this country so he would have the right to be Innocent until proven guilty. I am saying he was a knucklehead for even putting himself in that position. Its NOT THAT HARD to not get arrested...

Archived