Stephen Roberts Arrested

Charleston Tiger

This is why I never dump on another school when one of their delinquents runs afoul of the law.   As someone noted  we all fish in the same pond....and generally catch the same kind of fish.    But too bad .....another guy who forgot his team mates I'm afraid.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Woodstock Tiger said:

CAN WE HAVE ONE FRIGGIN' WEEK WITHOUT ONE FRIGGIN' NEGATIVE STORY ABOUT FRIGGIN' AUBURN FOOTBALL???  I'll stop yelling now.   

Since the Bama players got off without so much as a hint of penalty, then I'm all for Roberts getting off without penalty as well.  Fair is fair.    

I don't care what they get or don't get. This crap continues to just drive me crazy. If he receives a criminal penalty then so be it. If he gets suspended or tossed by Gus so be it. The eluding  police sounds serious, so my expectation is we will not see him for a while and that is fine.

Good thing we have depth at safety.  If this was a corner it would be a different story.  When I saw it on Facebook and was waiting for the article to load I was praying "Don't let it be Rudy Ford.  Don't let it be Rudy Ford."  We still have Rudy, Trey, and Ruffin back there who are all good enough to start.  T.J. Davis is back there as well, and Joshua Holsey can mix in if need be.  Glad this didn't happen next Thursday.  Definitely disappointing, but not enough to sound the horns.

The thing that gets me is that it really is not that hard to avoid being arrested.  College kids do dumb things, yes.  But tons of people of every race and background manage to live their entire lives without doing anything that would get them arrested.  

He was *eluding* police because he illegally possessed a gun. That part's easy.

And, as Titan *alluded* to, "keeping it real" is not uncommon at all. Doesn't make it right, and it really is stupid- unlike weed, guns are dangerous, not to mention expensive- but let's not pretend to be shocked that a college football player had a gun illegally. 

Not defending the dude. Just hoping to add some perspective. And grammatical assistance. 

In every stinkin' state surrounding Alabama, it's legal to carry a firearm in your vehicle without a permit.  (A vehicle is basically an extension of your dwelling).  Alabama needs to step into this century at some point. 

That said, I presume he knows the law and that he was gonna get in trouble, otherwise he wouldn't have likely run. 

11 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

what and idiot. Fixed your spelling and grammar. 

what was I thinking? Irregardless, the point still stands.

4 minutes ago, Woodstock Tiger said:

In every stinkin' state surrounding Alabama, it's legal to carry a firearm in your vehicle without a permit.  (A vehicle is basically an extension of your dwelling).  Alabama needs to step into this century at some point. 

That said, I presume he knows the law and that he was gonna get in trouble, otherwise he wouldn't have likely run. 

I thought that AL implemented this a few years ago. I just assumed that Roberts was not in his car. I was going to say that if he was in his car then he should not need a permit. But I may be wrong, because I do remember having to put my gun in the trunk when coming back to AL from GA before I got my permit (I just thought it changed)

I am glad it wasn't a stolen gun. ( or hope it wasn't). The attempt to ellude is probably the issue. I guess we'll find out later today. 

12 minutes ago, TrumanCrockett said:

I thought that AL implemented this a few years ago. I just assumed that Roberts was not in his car. I was going to say that if he was in his car then he should not need a permit. But I may be wrong, because I do remember having to put my gun in the trunk when coming back to AL from GA before I got my permit (I just thought it changed)

Yeah, unfortunately Alabama law requires a permit for you to carry in your vehicle.  They passed a bill in in the Senate to change this law, but it didn't get past the House in May. 

http://www.alreporter.com/guns-in-vehicles-bill-dies-in-house/ 

Different discussion for a different day but I don't understand the gun thing. Never have and never will. 

What. An. Idiot. At least it was his gun (maybe). And as AUEngineer2016 said: They have been working hard in the heat. Charges dropped! 

16 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Too bad.

Where was he on the depth chart? Who's next man up?

Depending on the package he was supposed to start.  But right behind him are Trey Matthews and Nick Ruffin.  We should be fine although he could have helped on the field.  Gus should propbably suspend him one or two games to prove a point.  We can manage without him for those games in my opinion.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

The stupidity of college kids never ceases to amaze me.

Um

Student Athletes

They're there to learn

Right?

1 minute ago, Piketiger1990 said:

If I'm not mistaken you can carry in your vehicle but it cannot be loaded and must be locked away out of reach.

I know that's correct if you don't have a CCP for the state of Alabama. I live in SC and have a CCP here, but when going to my parents in Birmingham have to have it in the trunk unloaded.

my disappointment goes further than players being arrested. at seven or eight i had free run of the town with no worries at all. heck we would retire for the night often leaving our doors unlocked because back then bad stuff seldom happened. and yes i knew it would change but i still hate it. auburn IS special but way back in the day it was more......it was like some kind of golden years. heck the worst my mom had to worry about was me and my cousin eatting gum we found stuck under the tables at the sani flush.....and yes we were caught with a mouth full...both of us.   lol  sorry i got off subject. hell i just love auburn. auburn is my heart. wish i lived there.

13 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Um

Student Athletes

They're there to learn

Right?

I don't think the purpose of college is to impart basic common sense.

Archived