Obama invaded Afghanistan?

homersapien

13 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I'm willing to wager he has been "over there" more times than you. Point is, he is a more credible source that your opinion piece posts. 

Being over there isn't the issue. The facts are the facts, regardless of who has or hasn't been over there. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NC1406
6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

How is that close enough to Obama invading Afghanistan? Your son volunteered to be sent off once he signed up. This isn't on Obama.

Actually both my sons volunteered to be sent as our president deemed necessary. Obama said he did not see the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan necessary. Claimed he was pulling us out. He was full of s***. 

Guest NC1406
22 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Bias is the word you right wing people love to use when the facts don't fit your narratives. 

Right wingers would not claim me but I understand how you would lump me in with someone that disagrees with you. 

5 minutes ago, NC1406 said:

Actually both my sons volunteered to be sent as our president deemed necessary. Obama said he did not see the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan necessary. Claimed he was pulling us out. He was full of s***. 

Failing to meet a deadline due to the chaotic nature of the beast still left over there is close enough to claim that Obama invaded Afghanistan? 

Guest NC1406
Just now, aujeff11 said:

Failing to meet a deadline due to the chaotic nature of the beast still left over there is close enough to claim that Obama invaded Afghanistan? 

Jeff. I can understand missing a deadline. Anyone that has been military or government service knows that's a reality. but can you seriously say we have pulled back militarily as Obama promised? Obama has fought like hell for his domestic progressive policies. He freakin laid down on his fight as a progressive in international events/wars. 

11 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Being over there isn't the issue. The facts are the facts, regardless of who has or hasn't been over there. 

It isn't the issue because you haven't been. The guy who has been one ups you every time with facts. But you keep arguing with the girl, kitten, and maybe the right wing crew won't notice AUUSN besting you. 

1 minute ago, NC1406 said:

Jeff. I can understand missing a deadline. Anyone that has been military or government service knows that's a reality. but can you seriously say we have pulled back militarily as Obama promised? Obama has fought like hell for his domestic progressive policies. He freakin laid down on his fight as a progressive in international events/wars. 

Exactly as I said. Gave away the store for the Iran deal, but cut and ran like hell in Iraq. His heart wasn't in it, he didn't think the JV team was worth his time , and predictably, we see what happened. 

Just like with ObamaCare. There are still those die hards who insist that it's working wonderfully, and we should all cheer and dab for Barry's brilliant policy. 

It, like he , flat out sucks. 

15 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

It isn't the issue because you haven't been. The guy who has been one ups you every time with facts. But you keep arguing with the girl, kitten, and maybe the right wing crew won't notice AUUSN besting you. 

He's posted a book, which is hardly  'facts'.  And the ' he's been there, you haven't ' is a complete straw man argument. USN says things you agree with, so in your mind, he's 'besting' me. 

He isn't.  Hasn't on most things. He's just petulant and stubborn, and won't be told by anyone else what the facts are. HE knows, more than everyone else, and when he doesn't, he'll fake it, because he and he alone has been  there. 

Guest NC1406
20 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

We all have our definition of "been". He knows. 

12 minutes ago, NC1406 said:

I'm sure Obama hasn't pulled out as much as he would have liked. As a matter of fact, he has often lamented that the Afghan forces were too dependent on NATO forces to pull out. Pulling out as much as promised would've been a disaster. Maybe Obama didn't forsee all these complications, maybe he did and he was just being a politician, but regardless, pulling out would've been a disaster.

12 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

He's posted a book, which is hardly  'facts'.  And the ' he's been there, you haven't ' is a complete straw man argument. USN says things you agree with, so in your mind, he's 'besting' me. 

He isn't.  Hasn't on most things. He's just petulant and stubborn, and won't be told by anyone else what the facts are. HE knows, more than everyone else, because he and he alone has been  there. 

You're so funny Raptor. You've pulled out your straw man analogy  again. But as a woman I can clearly see when one man bests another. So you can rage all you want about AUUSN, doesn't change the FACT that he is superior to you intellectually. 

2 hours ago, NC1406 said:

I can't speak for republicans but as a libertarian Obama has done a poor job of getting us out of wars and an even poorer job keeping us in. 

That sounds like a typical critique of Obama's presidency.  :rolleyes:

Guest NC1406
2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I'm sure Obama hasn't pulled out as much as he would have liked. As a matter of fact, he has often lamented that the Afghan forces were too dependent on NATO forces to pull out. Pulling out as much as promised would've been a disaster. Maybe Obama didn't forsee all these complications, maybe he did and he was just being a politician, but regardless, pulling out would've been a disaster.

NATO and NATO wannabe forces are highly overrated and would not pass an honest cost benefit analysis. 

so pulling out too soon would be a disaster?  Sounds like Iraq. What the he'll is our policy in Afghanistan?  Get in or get out. Warriors don't understand half measures. Are we fighting or pulling out. The Red Cross can nation build. 

2 hours ago, AURaptor said:

He's not fighting radical Islam. He's fighting law breakers, militants and everything BUT radical Muslims. And doing it very sparingly at that. 

Get it ?? 

I get that's an idiotic post.

Isis's leader in Pakistan and Afghanistan killed in US drone strike

Hafiz Saeed Khan died along with senior commanders and fighters in Nangarhar province, US military has confirmed

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/12/isis-leader-pakistan-afghanistan-hafiz-saeed-khan-killed

2 hours ago, AUUSN said:

I really can't keep up with the outrages. Are we mad because we got out of Iraq and also mad because we haven't gotten out of Afghanistan? And also mad because we are increasing drone usage in order to save American lives? Righties need to get their outrages on one track.

Well, there is a common theme, even if the logic doesn't exist:

OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA 

OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA.....!!!!

1 hour ago, AURaptor said:

obama ran away from it, so there was none.  A real leader would have hammered out a deal. obama was / is too chicken s*** to stay and fight, so he cut and ran. 

Heated idiocy.  ;D

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's a strange argument to make in this particular thread.   :laugh:

I see you're unfamiliar with the quote. 

Meh.

4 hours ago, AURaptor said:

He has upped the usage of drones in Afghanistan , hasn't he ?

Yeah, he has. 

Drones are firing more weapons than conventional warplanes for the first time in Afghanistan and the ratio is rising, previously unreported US Air Force data for 2015 show, underlining how reliant the military has become on unmanned aircraft.

Has nothing to do with the statement Trump's spokesperson made.  The statement was about invading.  

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No, no he cannot.

Funny. Others deflect, I call them out on it, and crickets. I DON'T deflect, and this is how you respond ? 

Just now, AURaptor said:

Funny. Others deflect, I call them out on it, and crickets. I DON'T deflect, and this is how you respond ? 

You did deflect.  Your first post in the thread was an immediate deflection.

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Has nothing to do with the statement Trump's spokesperson made.  The statement was about invading.  

Yeah. I know that. Go back and see what else I said about her statement. At no time did I defend or come to her rescue. I only commented on a possible point of fact which she MAY have got confused on. Or maybe she didn't, and just flat out got it wrong. Big deal. She's wrong ! Now what ? 

Archived