Trump & Putin

Auctoritas

39 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

No, not at all. I was referencing a political candidate that a certain political group liked.  That in no way indicated some universal truth. You took it completely out of context. Good for you. 

You stated as if it were though.  You simply said that some group disliking a candidate was an indication that he must be on the right track.  If you meant to qualify it in some way, then that is how you should have stated it.  You don't get to come back later and act as if we should infer some meaning from it that you didn't state. Don't blame me for your imprecise language.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You stated as if it were though.  You simply said that some group disliking a candidate was an indication that he must be on the right track.  If you meant to qualify it in some way, then that is how you should have stated it.  You don't get to come back later and act as if we should infer some meaning from it that you didn't state. Don't blame me for your imprecise language.

Hey, if you see that as a win for you, go for it! We both know what I was referring to, unless you really think I was saying that everything liberals hate is good. *snicker* 

Don't be afraid to use a little common sense titan.

7 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

Hey, if you see that as a win for you, go for it! We both know what I was referring to, unless you really think I was saying that everything liberals hate is good. *snicker* 

Don't be afraid to use a little common sense titan.

It's not a "win."  I just pointed out that your standard of measure had a major flaw.  The other side hating your guy isn't an indication of much of anything.  The proper response to that isn't "but you should have known what I meant" but rather "yeah, you got me on that one" or if you needed to save a little face, say "well it's better than them loving him!"

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It's not a "win."  I just pointed out that your standard of measure had a major flaw.  The other side hating your guy isn't an indication of much of anything.  The proper response to that isn't "but you should have known what I meant" but rather "yeah, you got me on that one" or if you needed to save a little face, say "well it's better than them loving him!"

It was a bit tongue in cheek as is usual when that type of statement is used. You saw an opportunity to jump in like Captain Literal and prove some inane point. Like I said, good for you, but don't fear using a little common sense in your daily life because your pettiness over this simple statement is puzzling and silly. 

Just now, tiger88 said:

It was a bit tongue in cheek as is usual when that type of statement is used. You saw an opportunity to jump in like Captain Literal and prove some inane point. Like I said, good for you, but don't fear using a little common sense in your daily life because your pettiness over this simple statement is puzzling and silly. 

Look, I'm sorry you made a dumb joke and got called on it.   Try this and let us know if it makes the ouchy go away:

bl-002_1z.jpg

1 hour ago, tiger88 said:

That is your opinion, which has little to do with the conversation Titan and I were having about my opinion. 

Titan said your opinion was weak and I wholeheartedly agree with him. That's enough to join the conversation. 

"Has anyone noticed that the Republians don't seem to care for Hillary? :) That is a good sign that she is headed in the right direction."

I could say that about anything. Plug in BLM and that fits too. 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Look, I'm sorry you made a dumb joke and got called on it.   Try this and let us know if it makes the ouchy go away:

bl-002_1z.jpg

Lol. I am not even a teeny bit mad, just a bit confused and clarifying. Your world is full of empty victories today. If I were bored I'd go find a meme of the most grammatically anal retentive person in the world because I assume it would have your picture on it. 

Your preciseness is unimpressive and a lot of is relative to your thoughts/beliefs. Keep reeling in those non existent victories though. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Titan said your opinion was weak and I wholeheartedly agree with him. That's enough to join the conversation. 

"Has anyone noticed that the Republians don't seem to care for Hillary? :) That is a good sign that she is headed in the right direction."

I could say that about anything. Plug in BLM and that fits too. 

*yawn* let me know when you have something worth discussing further. 

10 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

Lol. I am not even a teeny bit mad, just a bit confused and clarifying. Your world is full of empty victories today. If I were bored I'd go find a meme of the most grammatically anal retentive person in the world because I assume it would have your picture on it. 

Your preciseness is unimpressive and a lot of is relative to your thoughts/beliefs. Keep reeling in those non existent victories though. 

Uh huh.  

1 minute ago, tiger88 said:

*yawn* let me know when you have something worth discussing further. 

Just pointing out that you wasted a lot of time defending a statement of no merit.  Might as well say "both parties hate trump, he must be doing something wrong." At least that is closer to the truth.

1 hour ago, tiger88 said:

Not from me. I'll agree though, it's everybody else's fault, not yours. 

I'll take full responsibility for validating idiotic arguments by engaging them.

It's a major weakness of mine.

I'd like to think I interject some rationality onto the forum, which is important due to it's association with Auburn University. I'd like to support the reputation of the university - and the value of my degrees.  Also, I value the forum itself. There are many people here I respect. 

But to tell the truth, my responding probably just encourages more idiotic posts, so I have to admit self-indulgence plays a major role.

;D

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Just pointing out that you wasted a lot of time defending a statement of no merit.  Might as well say "both parties hate trump, he must be doing something wrong." At least that is closer to the truth.

I'm not exactly arguing with myself. I spent time clarifying, not defending. It was a tongue in cheek comment to begin with. Then people got silly and I was just pointing out the horrible flaws in their statements. 

Say what you want about The Donald. It hasn't worked for the media nor any of his opponents and he will curb stomp hillary. Too many people are sick of this liberal/progressive/pc infection that has poisoned this country. 

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

I'll take full responsibility for validating idiotic arguments by engaging them.

It's a major weakness of mine.

I'd like to think I interject some rationality onto the forum, which is important due to it's association with Auburn University. I'd like to support the reputation of the university - and the value of my degrees.  Also, I value the forum itself. There are many people here I respect. 

But to tell the truth, my responding probably just encourages more idiotic posts, so I have to admit self-indulgence plays a major role.

;D

Yeah, stand up for AU, an extremely conservative college with your horiffically liberal views. Thanks homer. 

It is good to converse with someone of such unregisterable intelligencen though. 

11 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

Yeah, stand up for AU, an extremely conservative college with your horiffically liberal views. Thanks homer. 

It is good to converse with someone of such unregisterable intelligencen though. 

Auburn is not 'extremely conservative.' How do you even measure that? What are the metrics?

I'd guess that Bob Jones and Oral Roberts are ' extremely conservative '. But Auburn? A tad more than most, but not anywhere near the extreme. 

( And by ' most' , I mean 99% of all institutions of higher learning, which are by default, Left leaning. ) 

5 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

Auburn is not 'extremely conservative.' How do you even measure that? What are the metrics?

That was over the top. 

5 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

That was over the top. 

I just want to know your thought process for stating that Auburn is 'extremely conservative.' What's the metric?

14 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

I just want to know your thought process for stating that Auburn is 'extremely conservative.' What's the metric?

What part of "that was over the top", do you not understand? 

According to the articles I have read more AU students identify as conservative then any other political group. Libertarians are close to the top also and their beliefs are fiscally conservative. 

13 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

What part of "that was over the top", do you not understand? 

According to the articles I have read more AU students identify as conservative then any other political group. Libertarians are close to the top also and their beliefs are fiscally conservative. 

So a student's ideological identification is your metric. Now was that so hard?

7 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

So a student's ideological identification is your metric. Now was that so hard?

No. Was it hard for you? 

Archived