RNC speaker claims Obama "absolutely" a Muslim

TitanTiger

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am not making a case for why this guy was doing this speech I am not saying it was accurate and I am not defending it. All I am stating is that the name of the game for both sides is getting out the vote and that is why this speaker was chosen. When the other side does the same thing I will just repeat what I said here. I am not judging it as right or wrong just as it is what politicians do.

Wait a minute dude...you cant look at it like that.I mean never mind its the height of political season and getting the base riled up is paramount to winning. I dont care what Obama's beliefs are, I disagree with most everything out of his mouth. Actually, Obama would be more of an apostate than he is a practicing Muslim but, I dont thinks its a bit unfair or crazy to suggest he's a Muslim sympathizer. He has never uttered a harsh word about them, despite their barbarism, but, he loves to condescendingly lecture Christians for every indiscretion committed a 1000 years ago.

44 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

Wait a minute dude...you cant look at it like that.I mean never mind its the height of political season and getting the base riled up is paramount to winning. I dont care what Obama's beliefs are, I disagree with most everything out of his mouth. Actually, Obama would be more of an apostate than he is a practicing Muslim but, I dont thinks its a bit unfair or crazy to suggest he's a Muslim sympathizer. He has never uttered a harsh word about them, despite their barbarism, but, he loves to condescendingly lecture Christians for every indiscretion committed a 1000 years ago.

I really miss the BS emoticon.

On 7/19/2016 at 7:07 AM, AURaptor said:

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

You forgot his affinity for Jazz, Blues, R&B and other sorts of 'Negro music'.

On 7/19/2016 at 3:12 PM, TitanTiger said:

Well it's not just that he's a Muslim, it's that he's a super secret Muslim.  Like a sleeper cell or The Manchurian Candidate, right in the White House!

It's right up there with all that birther bull**** some of them will believe to their dying day.

Uuhmmm, the birther bull**** was started by Hillary and democrat establishment in her campaign against Obama...just sayin...

I think where this comes from is people looking at Obama's ME policies; and the only thing that explains his actions is he is really a Muslim who wants to implement fundamental Muslim theocracies....or, otherwise; he's just an idiot who is clueless on how the world works in the Middle East.   Why else would you displace a long time ally and hand over Egypt to the Muslim brotherhood, replace Qadafi and leave radical Muslim's in charge of chaos, abandon a fledgling secular gov't in Iraq...fail to support the Sunni militia's who helped you pacify the country, and allow ISIS to explode across the country, normalize relations with the #1 exporter of terror on the planet and hand $150b to an Iranian theocracy to allow them to build the Islamic bomb, support the theocrat in Turkey in the face of a secular military coup attempt; a theocrat who wants to replace secular institutions with the Muslim brotherhood driven theocracy (because that worked so well in Egypt), ad nauseum.  I'm leaving out another half-dozen examples .... help me understand how any of these actions make sense; rationally....since you can't find an actual rationale; you have to start looking for things that start to stretch the boundaries....paraphrasing Sherlock Holmes "when you've excluded the rationale, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.".

4 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Uuhmmm, the birther bull**** was started by Hillary and democrat establishment in her campaign against Obama...just sayin...

Wasn't about who started it.  I was about who never gave up on it.

4 minutes ago, japantiger said:

I think where this comes from is people looking at Obama's ME policies; and the only thing that explains his actions is he is really a Muslim who wants to implement fundamental Muslim theocracies....or, otherwise; he's just an idiot who is clueless on how the world works in the Middle East.   Why else would you displace a long time ally and hand over Egypt to the Muslim brotherhood, replace Qadafi and leave radical Muslim's in charge of chaos, abandon a fledgling secular gov't in Iraq...fail to support the Sunni militia's who helped you pacify the country, and allow ISIS to explode across the country, normalize relations with the #1 exporter of terror on the planet and hand $150b to an Iranian theocracy to allow them to build the Islamic bomb, support the theocrat in Turkey in the face of a secular military coup attempt; a theocrat who wants to replace secular institutions with the Muslim brotherhood driven theocracy (because that worked so well in Egypt), ad nauseum.  I'm leaving out another half-dozen examples .... help me understand how any of these actions make sense; rationally....since you can't find an actual rationale; you have to start looking for things that start to stretch the boundaries....paraphrasing Sherlock Holmes "when you've excluded the rationale, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.".

It's not the only thing that explains his policies.  It's the only thing idiots can think of though.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Wasn't about who started it.  I was about who never gave up on it.

It's not the only thing that explains his policies.  It's the only thing idiots can think of though.

Want to take a crack at explaining it then...for those of us that are less fortunate....

5 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Want to take a crack at explaining it then...for those of us that are less fortunate....

It's the same continuation of stuff that also happened under Bush - a fundamental lack of understanding of how to deal with the Middle East and miscalculating how things will go if you choose one side or the other.  Stupidly thinking we know who the "good guys" are.  Bush and Cheney did it believing we'd be greeted at liberators and heroes.  Obama did it in Egypt and Libya.  Seems to be an overall American foreign policy failure than anything else.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

It's the same continuation of stuff that also happened under Bush - a fundamental lack of understanding of how to deal with the Middle East and miscalculating how things will go if you choose one side or the other.  Bush and Cheney did it believing we'd be greeted at liberators and heroes.  Obama did it in Egypt and Libya.  Seems to be an overall American foreign policy failure than anything else.

Well, since you used the example; how about your follow it thru...Bush and Cheney only screwed up one country by the way; in any event, they did it all on their ideology...which was that everyone wanted western style democracy and freedom...so Obama's ideology was what?  Hhhmmm, let's see, 100% of the time, he has directly sided with; or tried to install a new Muslim theocracy...wonder what his ideology could be?...hhhmmm....if it walks like a duck....

Just now, japantiger said:

Well, since you used the example; how about your follow it thru...Bush and Cheney only screwed up one country by the way; in any event, they did it all on their ideology...which was that everyone wanted western style democracy and freedom...so Obama's ideology was what?  Hhhmmm, let's see, 100% of the time, he has directly sided with; or tried to install a new Muslim theocracy...wonder what his ideology could be?...hhhmmm....if it walks like a duck....

It doesn't have to be tied to any bizarre Super Secret Muslim bull****.  Only idiots think like that.  The simpler explanation makes far more sense - it's just the latest in a long line of American miscalculations and blundering when it comes to handling the Middle East.

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It doesn't have to be tied to any bizarre Super Secret Muslim bull****.  Only idiots think like that.  The simpler explanation makes far more sense - it's just the latest in a long line of American miscalculations and blundering when it comes to handling the Middle East.

So the simpler explanation is that both the Bush and Obama administrations are clueless as to how to handle the ME but that the Obama administration randomly ALWAYS ends up siding with the Muslim theocracy? I am not trying to be a smart aleck here, I am seriously trying to understand if that is the simple explanation.

Just now, Grumps said:

So the simpler explanation is that both the Bush and Obama administrations are clueless as to how to handle the ME but that the Obama administration randomly ALWAYS ends up siding with the Muslim theocracy? I am not trying to be a smart aleck here, I am seriously trying to understand if that is the simple explanation.

No, the simpler explanation is that every administration since we can remember has ended up creating a situation where Muslim extremists take over or create chaos.  Every situation we've stuck our noses in, even as far back as the Shah in Iran has resulted in one extremist faction or another taking over.  You'd think we'd learn to quit trying to figure out which side is the good side, but we never learn.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No, the simpler explanation is that every administration since we can remember has ended up creating a situation where Muslim extremists take over or create chaos.  Every situation we've stuck our noses in, even as far back as the Shah in Iran has resulted in one extremist faction or another taking over.  You'd think we'd learn to quit trying to figure out which side is the good side, but we never learn.

I would argue that in Syria, the U.S. has stayed out, likely due to the lack of a "good guy". Maybe that was a lesson learned.

Just now, Grumps said:

I would argue that in Syria, the U.S. has stayed out, likely due to the lack of a "good guy". Maybe that was a lesson learned.

We almost didn't.  For a while we started down the same old road and were just going to topple another dictator, damn the consequences.  Hopefully it is an indication that we're learning.

The Middle East sucks, pretty much all of it. Stay out. Respond to direct threats. Stop creating more terrorist. That is my policy. Use airstrikes and drones when needed. 

31 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I suspect Obama's primary motive was to extract the United States from the Middle East to whatever extent possible, and that is a motive I agree with.  The region has clearly demonstrated that they do not want us there, and we cannot really trust the players there that call themselves our allies.  We have clearly demonstrated that we do not understand the region at all, and we cannot act on the assumption that once people are freed from a tyrant they will not openly elect a worse one.

The notion that Obama secretly supports a Muslim theocracy blanketing the region is so absurd that it is not even worth addressing.

3 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I suspect Obama's primary motive was to extract the United States from the Middle East to whatever extent possible, and that is a motive I agree with.  The region has clearly demonstrated that they do not want us there, and we cannot really trust the players there that call themselves our allies.  We have clearly demonstrated that we do not understand the region at all, and we cannot act on the assumption that once people are freed from a tyrant they will not openly elect a worse one.

The notion that Obama secretly supports a Muslim theocracy blanketing the region is so absurd that it is not even worth addressing.

Right...100% of the time then, his actions support Muslim theocracies; and it's just a purely random happenstance...a coincidence...a motiveless statistical fluke...so he is in fact then; an idiot; with a track record of serial foreign policies blunders fueled by vacuousness and nothing else.  Got it.   That has always been my POV on this site; but it's the 1st time I've seen all of his apologists on here actually agree with me.  Wow, it is truly a new day.   

3 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Right...100% of the time then, his actions support Muslim theocracies; and it's just a purely random happenstance...a coincidence...a motiveless statistical fluke...so he is in fact then; an idiot; with a track record of serial foreign policies blunders fueled by vacuousness and nothing else.  Got it.   That has always been my POV on this site; but it's the 1st time I've seen all of his apologists on here actually agree with me.  Wow, it is truly a new day.   

I think you quoted the wrong post.

25 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I think you quoted the wrong post.

Sorry about that...

If his motive was disengagement; then why did he engage in Egypt and Libya?  Hhmm, so disengagement doesn't really seem to be his motive.  

2 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Sorry about that...

If his motive was disengagement; then why did he engage in Egypt and Libya?  Hhmm, so disengagement doesn't really seem to be his motive.  

Was Libya not a NATO operation?  I do not seem to recall the United States performing airstrikes on Egypt.

On 7/20/2016 at 9:49 AM, icanthearyou said:

More truth there than either side cares to admit.  Useful idiots in both camps.  Different narratives but still, the same.

Well, that got a lot of play. :gofig:

5 hours ago, japantiger said:

Why are we in the Middle East to begin with?

4 hours ago, Strychnine said:

Sounds like you may have read Andrew Bacevich's latest book: "America's War for the Greater Middle East. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/17/books/review/americas-war-for-the-greater-middle-east-by-andrew-j-bacevich.html?_r=0

If you haven't, I highly recommend it.

Archived