A video I think white people need to see

Grumps

First question is where did they get the data from ... And could any potential biases become because of this? I'll hang up and listen...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

First question is where did they get the data from ... And could any potential biases become because of this? I'll hang up and listen...

1) Public records. 

2) only biases over facts come from those that try and spin them into something they don't show. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Public records aka police reports...LMAO

Because all cops hate back people, right?  How inherently racist. Where's your other source?  BLM?  Black Panthers?  These are the records available.  Cops don't hate black people. People like you perpetuate that lie for political reasons.  See the other post from the black police officer. He must be a racist Uncle Tom, no?

1 minute ago, FoundationEagle said:

Because all cops hate back people, right?  How inherently racist. Where's your other source?  BLM?  Black Panthers?  These are the records available.  Cops don't hate black people. People like you perpetuate that lie for political reasons.  See the other post from the black police officer. He must be a racist Uncle Tom, no?

Haha. You lose.

38 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

With zero actual statistics. More hyperbole and opinion. You completely disregard the piece that has multiple cases of facts laid out through statistical data but hold up pieces that have zero. You're just proving your bias. 

6 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

With zero actual statistics. More hyperbole and opinion. You completely disregard the piece that has multiple cases of facts laid out through statistical data but hold up pieces that have zero. You're just proving your bias. 

Whatever man

I literally haven't seen ONE person on this board that has EVER said all police hate black people....But just as there are some racist people sprinkled in society there are some bad policemen sprinkled in the group of good. Just like any intelligent person can't say all policemen are racist no intelligent person can say this is made up and it doesn't happen. 

It has happened to me in Florence, Cullman, Alexander city and Auburn. I haven't ever broken a law besides speeding and stuff like that in my LIFE. Nobody can't tell me it doesn't happen. But the thing about it is, how could a white person even feel like that can say it does or doesn't? How could you even know?

These problems, largely, have their root in the first matter highlighted above - that many municipal police departments face increasing and unrelenting pressure from city hall to fill increasingly wide gaps in revenue with money from fines and citations. Even a well-intentioned police officer who respects freedom, the citizenry, and vulnerable populations can succumb to temptation when his paycheck and his ability to feed his family is put on the line. And in those cases, where legitimate offenses do not occur, he will be sorely tempted to create them, and to create them among the portion of the populace that is least likely to complain and least likely to be believed when they do complain: non-wealthy black citizens.

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2015/03/15/many-conservatives-blowing-it-ferguson-doj-report/

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

I literally haven't seen ONE person on this board that has EVER said all police hate black people....But just as there are some racist people sprinkled in society there are some bad policemen sprinkled in the group of good. Just like any intelligent person can't say all policemen are racist no intelligent person can say this is made up and it doesn't happen. 

You're right.  But it is a constant tactic on this board to exaggerate the other side's argument and then rant against that exaggeration rather than thoughtfully listen to the other side and address the argument they actually make.  Sometimes I think it's because they just quickly skimmed the person's post, saw a few hot button phrases and reacted without reading carefully.  But most of the time I just think it's a cynical strategy meant to try and discredit the other side by associating their views with extreme versions that no one would lay claim to.  In other words, they are solely focused on winning an argument and nothing else.  Facts and learning be damned.

On 7/15/2016 at 9:31 AM, TitanTiger said:

You're right.  But it is a constant tactic on this board to exaggerate the other side's argument and then rant against that exaggeration rather than thoughtfully listen to the other side and address the argument they actually make.  Sometimes I think it's because they just quickly skimmed the person's post, saw a few hot button phrases and reacted without reading carefully.  But most of the time I just think it's a cynical strategy meant to try and discredit the other side by associating their views with extreme versions that no one would lay claim to.  In other words, they are solely focused on winning an argument and nothing else.  Facts and learning be damned.

Well said.  

And it's often done by people who should know better.  A good example is Rudi Gulliani who characterizes the slogan "Black Lives Matter" as racist.

26 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

It's a bit racist. 

You're obviously part of the problem.  

You see an invisible "Only" in front and make it racist because you want it to be racist.

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You're obviously part of the problem.  

You see an invisible "Only" in front and make it racist because you want it to be racist.

It's implied.  And the simple , honest and TRUE statement of ALL lives matter will make only one group go nuts. Why do you think that is ? 

18 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

It's implied.  And the simple , honest and TRUE statement of ALL lives matter will make only one group go nuts. Why do you think that is ? 

Because they are talking specifically about the violence being imposed by the police on black people, not everyone.

Duuuuuuuuuh!  :-\

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Because they are talking specifically about the violence being imposed by the police on black people, not everyone.

Duuuuuuuuuh!  :-\

And yet statistics PROVE that the perceived " injustice " of cops randomly and wantonly shooting black men is FALSE !! Screw the facts though, huh ? White males get shot at more by cops than black males, but hell, they'll never be a " White Lives Matter " protest, ( save by the inbred KKK , Aryan pinhead types ) 

Doesn't mean there's not a problem. Doesn't mean there's not over zealous actions by cops, against ALL , but claiming there is  'systemic racism ', as some love to call it, amounts to giving the killers a free pass. 

The false narratives are allowed to continue, and grow, thanks in very large part to the political Left in this country. And then they have the nerve to accuse others of making these events ' political  ' ?? NONSENSE ! That's beyond absurd! They simply can't have it both ways, and will not be allowed to try. 

8 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

And yet statistics PROVE that the perceived " injustice " of cops randomly and wantonly shooting black men is FALSE !! Screw the facts though, huh ? White males get shot at more by cops than black males, but hell, they'll never be a " White Lives Matter " protest, ( save by the inbred KKK , Aryan pinhead types ) 

Doesn't mean there's not a problem. Doesn't mean there's not over zealous actions by cops, against ALL , but claiming there is  'systemic racism ', as some love to call it, amounts to giving the killers a free pass. 

The false narratives are allowed to continue, and grow, thanks in very large part to the political Left in this country. And then they have the nerve to accuse others of making these events ' political  ' ?? NONSENSE ! That's beyond absurd! They simply can't have it both ways, and will not be allowed to try. 

"And yet statistics PROVE that the perceived " injustice " of cops randomly and wantonly shooting black men is FALSE !!"

Nope.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

"And yet statistics PROVE that the perceived " injustice " of cops randomly and wantonly shooting black men is FALSE !!"

Nope.

They do. It's just you hear one side of it driven into your head, day after day, w/ slogans and chants and impassioned  speeches... To think otherwise is beyond your ability, sad to say. 

4 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

False Narratives?  I guess Fox has't really explained this yet.  Probably because it's too subtle for most of their viewers.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/study-finds-no-bias-in-cops-use-of-lethal-force.html

African-Americans suffer a disproportionate risk of being shot dead by police. While white Americans make up 62 percent of the U.S. population, they account for only 49 percent of those killed by cops over the past year and a half, according to the Washington Post. For black Americans, those figures are 13 percent and 24 percent, respectively. What’s more, the Post found that unarmed African-Americans were five times as likely as unarmed white Americans to be fatally shot by police.

However, it’s also true that African-Americans experience a disproportionate number of encounters with law enforcement. And a new study from Harvard suggests that, within the context of police encounters, cops are no more likely to shoot black civilians than white ones.

Economist Roland G. Fryer, the youngest African-American to receive tenure at Harvard, launched the study in response to the police killings of Michael Brown and Freddie Gray.

“You know, protesting is not my thing,” Fryer told the New York Times. “But data is my thing. So I decided that I was going to collect a bunch of data and try to understand what really is going on when it comes to racial differences in police use of force.”

Economist Roland G. Fryer, the youngest African-American to receive tenure at Harvard, launched the study in response to the police killings of Michael Brown and Freddie Gray.

Michael Brown attacked an officer and went for his gun. 

Freddy Gray wasn't even shot. 

These are exactly what I'm talking about.. high profile cases where the facts actually are COUNTER to the narrative of police " racism " against blacks. 

smdh indeed. 

3 hours ago, AURaptor said:

Michael Brown attacked an officer and went for his gun. 

Freddy Gray wasn't even shot. 

These are exactly what I'm talking about.. high profile cases where the facts actually are COUNTER to the narrative of police " racism " against blacks. 

So that's a distinction that counters the narrative of police racial bias??!!

:ucrazy:

A cop defending his life from a thug ( michael brown ) going after his gun is NOT effing ' racism' .

Freddy Gray ran from cops, had a knife, and then , oh yeah, 3 cops have been found INNOCENT of any wrong doing. 

That's not changing the topic, that's STAYING on topic. 

It only went from claiming overall statistics were valid to defending individual acts of police brutality but okay...:dunno:

Archived