i keep reading where recruits and even some sports folks

aubiefifty

are saying they want to be a part of auburn cus huge things are fixing to be happening at auburn and they want to be part of it. i have i missed something? i would love to be on the excited end instead of just the hopeful one. anyone got a clue to what they are talking about?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are saying they want to be a part of auburn cus huge things are fixing to be happening at auburn and they want to be part of it. i have i missed something? i would love to be on the excited end instead of just the hopeful one. anyone got a clue to what they are talking about?

They're not buying the doom and gloom that a lot of our fans/so called fans, opponents, etc. are selling.

Recruits like Mond? I had to say it. And I drive more than 90% of the people here so I listen to a lot of sports talk radio. Not any good buz about AU on the radio.

The folks on XM College Sports think Gus is on the hottest seat in the SEC and Sumlin is a distant second.

It is only June.

Help us out. Where are you reading these things?

The folks on XM College Sports think Gus is on the hottest seat in the SEC and Sumlin is a distant second.

How this is true I don't understand. Sumlin is clearly the bigger bust to this point. Maybe aTm has more patience?

How this is true I don't understand. Sumlin is clearly the bigger bust to this point. Maybe aTm has more patience?

Just remember...a certain amount of the population are idiots...

Give us a link please. I'd really like to see what you're reading because I haven't read anything close to what you've gotten your hands on.

I'm pretty sure he is reading the tweets of our recruits. Stuff like "we finna be lit."

Lol..

I'm pretty sure he is reading the tweets of our recruits. Stuff like "we finna be lit."

Lol..

This is funny.

Unrelated, there is definitely enough ammo against both Sumlin and Gus right now that realistically any player committing to either of these guys will have all opposition playing the "job security" card on the prospect. I don't see how Sumlin's seat is colder than Gus' though. What's his SEC record over the same time span Gus has been here? I don't think it's very pretty. I guess success is directly correlated with expectation and after Gus' first year expectation might've gotten a little out of control? It didn't seem like that at the time though because on paper 2014 we had so much coming back from the 2013 SEC championship team.

From what I hear out here, Summlin's seat is glowing. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. TAMU alum feel he has tarnished some of the Aggie shine they are so proud of.

From what I hear out here, Summlin's seat is glowing. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. TAMU alum feel he has tarnished some of the Aggie shine they are so proud of.

While I do not think Gus is currently sitting on a plush throne of solid gold, he cannot possibly be in a worse position than Sumlin. Aside from a Heisman Trophy and 11-2 in 2012, A&M has been largely irrelevant in the SEC West race for his entire tenure. I cannot imagine that A&M's booster network is happy with that at all. Then again, they were largely irrelevant in the Big 12 too.

I agree. Given A&M's performance on the field AND Sumlin's "Sark" tendencies, I can't see how Gus' seat is hotter than Sumlin's.

wde

You'd have to think the aTm power brokers are ready for some major wins in football. Many of their other sports teams have done VERY well in the SEC and surpassed many of the old blue blood SEC programs. It's inevitable that football will catch up with the rest of their athletics, but I'm not sure Sumlin is the man to get them there.

aTm seems to have missed a golden opportunity to take over the state of Texas. UT has been down for several years now, and the Aggies joined the SEC. After the flash of johnny football, they seem to have taken a back seat to TCU and Baylor.

Lol..

:laugh: I have seen that statement from current players but not from recruits. I don't see how Sumlin is second behind Gus as far as the hot seat though.

Committed recruits say this every year for nearly every team. This year it's Wooten & Moultry for us.

It's because we're Auburn, people want to be us.

Marlon Davidson, Carl Lawson, Montravius Adams, and a few more on defense.

Braden Smith, JFIII, Jovon, Kyle Davis and a few other great incoming wide receivers on offense along with Woody Barrett. A head coach who has been at the national championship game 2 out of the last 6 times. An excellent stadium with a loud and bad to the bone fanbase.

And a team that is going to deliver a beatdown on Sept. 3rd, that's what we're excited about.

War.Damn.Eagle.

Recruits always believe they will be part of the big turn-around. Sometimes they are. Confidence. They've gotta believe in themselves. They've gotta believe they can make a difference anywhere they go. I'm all on board with that.

As for Sumlin vs Malzahn, Sumlin at A&M has a better winning percentage than Malzahn as head coach at AU. They both started strong, but neither one of them has really dazzled anybody the past couple of years. Only 2 Auburn coaches have had a 70% win percentage over any length of time, and so far, Malzahn is lagging behind. He needs to up his game.

Expectations are no lower at A&M. R.C. Slocum averaged a winning percentage above 70%. That was recent enough that alumni remember him.

Both Sumlin and Malzahn are feeling the heat. Neither one of them has demonstrated the ability to compete at the highest level in the SEC year after year. Fans and alumni want to be at that level at both schools. Not just occasional good years punctuating multi-year drought periods. Consistently competing at the top.

I think the frustration is higher with Malzahn. Auburn has had top 10 recruiting classes year after year. He was blowing the Heisman trumpet for JJ. Yet he's had two straight crapo seasons. For that reason, I think his seat is hotter. He really needs to have a good season this coming year -- meaning 9 or more wins.

And maybe some of those recruits can make the difference.

While I do not think Gus is currently sitting on a plush throne of solid gold, he cannot possibly be in a worse position than Sumlin. Aside from a Heisman Trophy and 11-2 in 2012, A&M has been largely irrelevant in the SEC West race for his entire tenure. I cannot imagine that A&M's booster network is happy with that at all. Then again, they were largely irrelevant in the Big 12 too.

Rick Neuheisel's reasoning was the QB situation at A&M is in much better shape with the addition of Trevor Night. Looks for A&M to turn things around in 2016 and make some waves in the West. AU's QB situation is a huge huge concern.

Back in 14...I really think If we wouldn't have blown the A&M game like we did that season would've ended a lot differently

I think you are right.

Help us out. Where are you reading these things?

i have seen it on a an an auburn club in facebook quoting different recruits saying it. i am thinking maybe one of the sites was saturday down south maybe? i have seen it mentioned enough my radar picked it up.

Archived