Officer acquitted of all charges in Freddie Gray case

TheBlueVue

Another liberal rush to judgement just like the Duke rape case. Blows up in their face.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same people every time...

Yep. Funny coincidence, huh?

Again, all charges - acquitted.

Yep. Just like OJ.

I'm guessing you didn't celebrate this as you did OJ though, huh?

She didn't overcharge this one. He was charged with assault, reckless endangerment and misconduct in office. What on earth charge would you put on someone that did what these officers did?

No charge, as it appears these officers did nothing wrong. The jury heard all the evidence and came to that conclusion. How can anyone that didn't hear and see the evidence say otherwise?

Apparently, you understand even less about our legal system than you do mosquito-borne illnesses. I guess you think OJ is innocent also.

I think when two trials, one by jury and one a bench trial by a judge both fail to convict, then there was no evidence of wrongdoing. You may fool yourself into thinking you know more about the details of this incident than the jurors and judge know, but you do not.

I know plenty about mosquito-borne illnesses. I also know that our president wanting to toss a billion dollars out the window with no planned course of action is folly on his part.

A competent professional prosecutor, who wasn't interested in scoring political points, might have secured a conviction in some of the charges.

I'm not really defending the prosecutor's abilities. But I'm just not going to play doe-eyed innocent here and act like I can't look at the known facts of a case and use common sense to say that at the very least, someone was reckless and careless with another human being's safety and that carelessness resulted in a man being killed. At the very least. What I suspect, but can't prove since the only counterwitness died is that they left him unrestrained by a seatbelt and did a hard stop to bounce him around a little bit and 'teach him a lesson' and he was more seriously injured than they meant to hurt him and he died.

But what does not pass the smell test at all is that this was purely some accident that they couldn't have foreseen any issues with. As I said, "not guilty" and "innocent" are two very different things in a legal sense. And I think it's sad that if this trend continues, at least one of these officers is going to get away with something that all of them know was wrong.

Thus my point of a competent prosecutor. We really don't know the actual evidence. Does what they did rise to the level of the charges against them? What is the legal standard for proof on each charge in that jurisdiction? These are things I don't have the answer to. One would think that on some of these charges they would be able to, prove it. They weren't. If the prosecution couldn't prove what they alleged even on the minor charges, it makes one wonder just what they had for evidence.

A corpse for one thing.

But were they criminally liable for that and if so to what degree? Did they have the evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this officer was guilty of what they charged him with? Marilyn Mosby mishandled this from the beginning. It seems like she's in over her head in this job. I find it a bit problematic to have someone with zero experience handling any kind of major case trying to tackle this one. This is the kind of thing that lawyers with years working on big cases could mishandle pretty easily if they weren't careful. When you go after cops you better make damn sure you have more than enough evidence to convict. She didn't even wait for the investigation to get a full head of steam before running to the microphones and making these charges.

Smh at the logic of a verdict as proof of right and wrong; fair or not....sort of the entire point. Like all the convicted men in Dothan that turned out to be innocent.....But go ahead and celebrate. I'd expect nothing less to be honest. As far as to how competent the lawyer is....nobody on this forum can know her competence. It's very funny the amount of certainty used when talking about her, just because some didn't agree with her.

A competent professional prosecutor, who wasn't interested in scoring political points, might have secured a conviction in some of the charges.

I'm not really defending the prosecutor's abilities. But I'm just not going to play doe-eyed innocent here and act like I can't look at the known facts of a case and use common sense to say that at the very least, someone was reckless and careless with another human being's safety and that carelessness resulted in a man being killed. At the very least. What I suspect, but can't prove since the only counterwitness died is that they left him unrestrained by a seatbelt and did a hard stop to bounce him around a little bit and 'teach him a lesson' and he was more seriously injured than they meant to hurt him and he died.

But what does not pass the smell test at all is that this was purely some accident that they couldn't have foreseen any issues with. As I said, "not guilty" and "innocent" are two very different things in a legal sense. And I think it's sad that if this trend continues, at least one of these officers is going to get away with something that all of them know was wrong.

Thus my point of a competent prosecutor. We really don't know the actual evidence. Does what they did rise to the level of the charges against them? What is the legal standard for proof on each charge in that jurisdiction? These are things I don't have the answer to. One would think that on some of these charges they would be able to, prove it. They weren't. If the prosecution couldn't prove what they alleged even on the minor charges, it makes one wonder just what they had for evidence.

A corpse for one thing.

But were they criminally liable for that and if so to what degree? Did they have the evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this officer was guilty of what they charged him with? Marilyn Mosby mishandled this from the beginning. It seems like she's in over her head in this job. I find it a bit problematic to have someone with zero experience handling any kind of major case trying to tackle this one. This is the kind of thing that lawyers with years working on big cases could mishandle pretty easily if they weren't careful. When you go after cops you better make damn sure you have more than enough evidence to convict. She didn't even wait for the investigation to get a full head of steam before running to the microphones and making these charges.

Put your baby in the back seat. No seatbelt and no car seat and quickly learn criminal negligence. This case is the same thing.

Smh at the logic of a verdict as proof of right and wrong; fair or not....sort of the entire point. Like all the convicted men in Dothan that turned out to be innocent.....But go ahead and celebrate. I'd expect nothing less to be honest. As far as to how competent the lawyer is....nobody on this forum can know her competence. It's very funny the amount of certainty used when talking about her, just because some didn't agree with her.

well you know cooltigger....the truck driver....is the perfect type of person to judge the competency of a lawyer.

Oh look ! Attempting to insult another poster's job as a means of belittling their opinion ! Just ignore the facts, people, and just know that , if you don't have an " important " job, you're worthless !

Yep. Just like OJ.

Stupid post. And revealing.

Why would you think I celebrated OJ's verdict?

How does that jive with the fact I used that verdict as an example of the miscarriage of justice?

I don't think agreeing with her or not agreeing has anything to do with it. She can be judged to a certain extent because she prematurely jumped the gun, brought charges and held press conferences before any investigation even had a chance to get started. An experienced lawyer or politician would have known better than to stick her neck out in such a fashion. The way she handled the situation smacked of nothing but political grandstanding with no thought to the amount of egg that could wind up on her face at some future time.

A corpse for one thing.

He was in their custody, so there's some liability somewhere, criminal or not. How would you feel if this happened to one of your relatives?

You seem to be hung up on the prosecutor. Why is that?

I don't think agreeing with her or not agreeing has anything to do with it. She can be judged to a certain extent because she prematurely jumped the gun, brought charges and held press conferences before any investigation even had a chance to get started. An experienced lawyer or politician would have known better than to stick her neck out in such a fashion. The way she handled the situation smacked of nothing but political grandstanding with no thought to the amount of egg that could wind up on her face at some future time.

Let's see, a live man gets in the back of a police van and comes out dead. Yeah, "political grandstanding". :-\

Oh look ! Attempting to insult another poster's job as a means of belittling their opinion ! Just ignore the facts, people, and just know that , if you don't have an " important " job, you're worthless !

He didn't say anything about being "worthless". He was referring to Tigger's standing to judge the competency of the prosecutor. Is there anyone one this forum with the experience and knowledge to do that? (Aside from your omnipotent self.)

Yep. Just like OJ.

How does that jive with the fact I used that verdict as an example of the miscarriage of justice?

One does not equal the other. OJ case has nothing to do with this, so I would ask why would you even bring it up? Where is the " injustice" with this case? Even the family accepts the verdict.

He didn't say anything about being "worthless". He was referring to Tigger's standing to judge the competency of the prosecutor. Is there anyone one this forum with the experience and knowledge to do that? (Aside from your omnipotent self.)

No, he referred to cool as "the truck driver", as a means of trying to dismiss his opinion. Even US Supreme Court justices can disagree on the same facts... Seriously, are you trying to be this obtuse or are you like this all the time?

No, he referred to cool as "the truck driver", as a means of trying to dismiss his opinion. Even US Supreme Court justices can disagree on the same facts... Seriously, are you trying to be this obtuse or are you like this all the time?

I thought it was used to illustrate how far from the area of expertise his daily job was. He could have just as easily said "the network security engineer" and it would have been just as valid.

im not hearing anyone saying this was any sort of a miscarriage of justice, save for the BLM crowd & a few useful idiots.

Yep. Just like OJ.

One does not equal the other. OJ case has nothing to do with this, so I would ask why would you even bring it up? Where is the " injustice" with this case? Even the family accepts the verdict.

To demonstrate the fallacy of equating a "not guilty" verdict to innocence. (Duh....)

I thought it was used to illustrate how far from the area of expertise his daily job was. He could have just as easily said "the network security engineer" and it would have been just as valid.

Raptor is just trying to establish Tigger's as a "victim" of insensitivity.

WMFM (White Men's Feelings Matter!)

WMFM! WMFM! WMFM! WMFM! WMFM! WMFM!

Did he literally say "worthless" or was it YOU who used the term?

(This is a test to see if you can answer without weaseling or lying.)

Archived