Ruben Foster

Rsdw78

Too much infighting between Auburn family members in this thread. We should never discuss this traitorous tool bag on this board again. He made his "Buidne$$" decision years ago.

Love the couple of judgmental posts. You're not able to choose where you from

No, but you always have choices, at least Ruben does. He didn't have to be at that party, but he was. Not a smart move for someone with his upside. It is true that only a small % of people rise above their upbringing, though.

I was surprised he would put himself in that environment, regardless of his upbringing.

I don't know...I think in hindsight it's easy to say no one should have been there. Parties are parties. I don't think anyone goes to one expecting even the possibility of a shootout

I beg to differ. I would say there is a direct correlation between the average quality of attendee and the likelihood of a shootout occurring. No one ever expects a shootout.

Maybe. Am I the only one that read it was a night club it something?

You're the one that broke out the party terminology. It was a night club. They were partying, I would imagine.

Maybe it was a innocent deal. I am basing my guesses off of the picture of he and his buddy, which isn't much to go on. It looked like his buddy was making a gang sign and grabbing a gin concealed in his shorts under his shirt. The guy was 43. He was the guy with last named Recco that was shot at the club. Someone else mentioned Ruben being at the scene of a shooting at another get together. Maybe I'm way off base, but he may need new acquaintances in my book.

Well that's fine. I haven't seen those pictures; doesn't sound like the best of company. But for the record, you referred to the event as a party literally right above my first quote, so that's why I used the term.

Oh yeah! Well I forgot about that and didn't go back to look. So, there! ;)

No, but you always have choices, at least Ruben does. He didn't have to be at that party, but he was. Not a smart move for someone with his upside. It is true that only a small % of people rise above their upbringing, though.

I was surprised he would put himself in that environment, regardless of his upbringing.

I don't know...I think in hindsight it's easy to say no one should have been there. Parties are parties. I don't think anyone goes to one expecting even the possibility of a shootout

I beg to differ. I would say there is a direct correlation between the average quality of attendee and the likelihood of a shootout occurring. No one ever expects a shootout.

You're the one that broke out the party terminology. It was a night club. They were partying, I would imagine.

Maybe it was a innocent deal. I am basing my guesses off of the picture of he and his buddy, which isn't much to go on. It looked like his buddy was making a gang sign and grabbing a gin concealed in his shorts under his shirt. The guy was 43. He was the guy with last named Recco that was shot at the club. Someone else mentioned Ruben being at the scene of a shooting at another get together. Maybe I'm way off base, but he may need new acquaintances in my book.

The typical excuse for bad decisions such as "You're not able to choose where you from" are the prime example of what's wrong with society. Let's not ever hold anybody responsible for a damn thing they ever do. Instead let's make excuses and blame where they are from. Some have enough class to rise above their surroundings, some choose to relish in it. Making excuses for those who relish in it only compound the problem. Making excuses for hanging out with people who deem it necessary to tote guns to a bar is enabling the behavior that is ruining this country. I suppose everyone in Auburn is getting in shootouts so there is no other options as for who to hang with? Give me a freaking break. Can't say I'm even remotely surprised though. SMDH

Great post!

Yep, every part of society that you don't know, understand is "ruining this country" the people who get on their soap box and speak on situations that they don't know anything about...they are the glue that's holding society together lol

Well that's fine. I haven't seen those pictures; doesn't sound like the best of company. But for the record, you referred to the event as a party literally right above my first quote, so that's why I used the term.

Oh yeah! Well I forgot about that and didn't go back to look. So, there! ;)/>

Touché good sir!

The typical excuse for bad decisions such as "You're not able to choose where you from" are the prime example of what's wrong with society. Let's not ever hold anybody responsible for a damn thing they ever do. Instead let's make excuses and blame where they are from. Some have enough class to rise above their surroundings, some choose to relish in it. Making excuses for those who relish in it only compound the problem. Making excuses for hanging out with people who deem it necessary to tote guns to a bar is enabling the behavior that is ruining this country. I suppose everyone in Auburn is getting in shootouts so there is no other options as for who to hang with? Give me a freaking break. Can't say I'm even remotely surprised though. SMDH

Great post!

Agreed

Yep, every part of society that you don't know, understand is "ruining this country" the people who get on their soap box and speak on situations that they don't know anything about...they are the glue that's holding society together lol

Had no idea you grew up with Foster. Otherwise, please explain how you know, understand more about his situation than I.

Yeah it's much that you don't know, but I know because of connections pretty much. It's not hard with you though name some popular generic rituals practiced by most young athletes and you'll have something to say as to why they are failing society or whatnot. Of course my favorite is what you said about rap music and that super gangster rapper by the name of Drake....That will forever be one of the biggest fails ever said

Great post!

Yes fantastic, especially the having the class part....super smart quote

Yeah it's much that you don't know, but I know because of connections pretty much. It's not hard with you though name some popular generic rituals practiced by most young athletes and you'll have something to say as to why they are failing society or whatnot. Of course my favorite is what you said about rap music and that super gangster rapper by the name of Drake....That will forever be one of the biggest fails ever said

So you have nothing but rhetoric. You think it's acceptable to bring guns to clubs and would much rather defend that skewed logic than stand up against it. Typical and pathetic. Again, no surprise here.

Here's an idea since your so "connected". Instead of making excuses and standing up for the never ending cycle of violence, take a stand against it and start demanding people give up violence. Ever heard of ceasefire? They're getting it right in much worse conditions than poor ole Ruben Foster had in Auburn High. Real people with real solutions not making excuses.

http://cureviolence.org/partners/illinois-partners/

So you have nothing but rhetoric. You think it's acceptable to bring guns to clubs and would much rather defend that skewed logic than stand up against it. Typical and pathetic. Again, no surprise here.

Where did I say it's acceptable to bring guns into clubs? I didn't know foster has one...when you say typical and pathetic could you elaborate? What do you mean? Why is it typical you think I'm for gun violence and what's pathetic in me saying that you can't choose where you from? The only thing that isn't a surprise is what I said any generic urban culture brought up you're going to get on your soap box and tell how awful these people are....It's what you do, because it's what's wrong with America right?

Here's an idea since your so "connected". Instead of making excuses and standing up for the never ending cycle of violence, take a stand against it and start demanding people give up violence. Ever heard of ceasefire? They're getting it right in much worse conditions than poor ole Ruben Foster had in Auburn High. Real people with real solutions not making excuses.

Could you quote me standing up for violence? And what does your link have to do with foster? I stand against drunk driving so I'm against alcohol at frat parties so I do my part. That's what wrong with society....*sarcasm* oh and country music

Could you quote me standing up for violence? And what does your link have to do with foster? I stand against drunk driving so I'm against alcohol at frat parties so I do my part. That's what wrong with society....*sarcasm* oh and country music

And there's the stereotype. If you knew me at all you'd know I can't stand country music. But then again, I can't help where I'm from so I must be required to like it, right? I can easily quote you standing up for violence. When you give kids like this excuses for hanging with thugs simply because "you can't help where you're from", you are giving a free pass to violence. No you can't help where you are from. You can damn sure help who you are, what you become and who you hang out with. See, what you don't know about me is I spent time hanging out with thugs and drug dealers. I didn't take me long to figure out that these guys were not on the correct path. I found ways to slowly weed them out of my life. Many are dead or in prison today. You think if I was hanging out with murderers on the regular you'd give me a pass because it was just where I was from? Not a chance in hell. Again, you dodge the real issue and pass the buck while trying to use some clever phrasing to spin things. Defending him hanging out with thugs or giving him a pass because that's how he grew up is not only defending violence, but may as well be encouraging it. As long as they know there's enough people like to you to give them the free pass, there's no need to strive to be better. You think you know some secret I don't, but I've seen the inside of this life and witnessed the cyclical nature of people getting drug into payback violence. . It takes people making the buck stop with them and deciding to make better decisions to stop it, not making excuses for it. Your damn right that is what is wrong society. I've seen it myself. Is Ruben himself a thug? Probably not. Guess what, I wasn't either. But one wrong move in those days could have been my last But then again, I'm just a country music listenin' redneck, right? What the hell do I know.

I like country music. Here's one that fits right in, it ain't his fault 'cause his mama messed him up:

He was born in Oklahoma

His wife's name is Betty Lou Thelma Liz

He's not responsible for what he's doin' cuz

His mother made him what he is

And it's up against the wall you redneck mother

Mother you ain't raised your son so well

He's 34 and drinkin' in a honky tonk

Kickin people's asses and raisin' hell

And there's the stereotype. If you knew me at all you'd know I can't stand country music. But then again, I can't help where I'm from so I must be required to like it, right? I can easily quote you standing up for violence. When you give kids like this excuses for hanging with thugs simply because "you can't help where you're from", you are giving a free pass to violence. No you can't help where you are from. You can damn sure help who you are, what you become and who you hang out with. See, what you don't know about me is I spent time hanging out with thugs and drug dealers. I didn't take me long to figure out that these guys were not on the correct path. I found ways to slowly weed them out of my life. Many are dead or in prison today. You think if I was hanging out with murderers on the regular you'd give me a pass because it was just where I was from? Not a chance in hell. Again, you dodge the real issue and pass the buck while trying to use some clever phrasing to spin things. Defending him hanging out with thugs or giving him a pass because that's how he grew up is not only defending violence, but may as well be encouraging it. As long as they know there's enough people like to you to give them the free pass, there's no need to strive to be better. You think you know some secret I don't, but I've seen the inside of this life and witnessed the cyclical nature of people getting drug into payback violence. . It takes people making the buck stop with them and deciding to make better decisions to stop it, not making excuses for it. Your damn right that is what is wrong society. I've seen it myself. Is Ruben himself a thug? Probably not. Guess what, I wasn't either. But one wrong move in those days could have been my last But then again, I'm just a country music listenin' redneck, right? What the hell do I know.

Lmao you ran with the music thing but that's funny because I said it because it's what you do....so yeah look in the mirror and all that you said preach it to yourself....And you can easily quote me standing up for violence.....yet you didn't....gtho. And as far as you know that can be his family and you're passing judgement but the fact is you don't know....But there are plenty of parties at Auburn every night that you can find something done wrong that you can preach to. And I see you wanted to rant about your life story and all but I'm not believing any dude from the street would say drake is a gangster rapper....sorry I'm not buying it

Lmao you ran with the music thing but that's funny because I said it because it's what you do....so yeah look in the mirror and all that you said preach it to yourself....And you can easily quote me standing up for violence.....yet you didn't....gtho. And as far as you know that can be his family and you're passing judgement but the fact is you don't know....But there are plenty of parties at Auburn every night that you can find something done wrong that you can preach to. And I see you wanted to rant about your life story and all but I'm not believing any dude from the street would say drake is a gangster rapper....sorry I'm not buying it

Misquote, miss characterize and make excuses. It's funny you should do all those things again because it's what you do. I think it's hilarious that you think who I was in the 90s dictates what music am required to listen to and 2016. Proof positive that you have no clue what it means to leave bad behavior in the past. Do I listen to drake? No. Two genres of music I refuse to listen to. Pop and rap. Is that because it it just all bad? No. But most of it is a reflection of the downward spiral of the morals in this country are in. Once you make a commitment in your life to do the things that are right and stop making excuses and things like that get weeded out. Something you don't understand obviously. Did I miss characterize Drake once? It seems possible. I looked up his music to try to get a better understanding of who you are and the first song I found was the one I quoted. It was completely full of hate. Was that song the anomaly and the rest of his music is a quite the opposite? Could be. But if he's only played on rap stations and pop stations, guess what I won't be hearing it. See I made a commitment years back to become the best person I can be and to help all those around me leave all their bad habits in the past. The worst way to leave bad habits in the past is excuses. Which brings me back to my original point. If you are the nuclear engineer that you claim to be, you should be the difference in peoples lives. Not the excuse. If you live your real life like you do your message board life, then you're missing a great opportunity to show people in your life how to stop making excuses and become successful. Instead you'd rather stand up for somebody and make them feel good and warm inside if they're doing bad things than to tell them what they actually need to hear. I don't want to hear this garbage about it could be family you don't know. Family has gotten more people killed than anything. If your family is a bunch of thugs, it's time to start working on them to be better people and not making excuses for them while hanging out with their guns in clubs. If you truly are the successful person you claim to be, then you should be demanding people take responsibility for their own actions rather than making excuses for their bad behavior. Change happens one person at a time. Hate is not the opposite of love, apathy is. I don't argue with you because I think you're a bad person. I argue with you because I see the apathy you have when you make excuses for people you claim to be connected to. I see the same apathy all over the news media and all over TV and radio. No one wants to address the real issues. They rather be politically correct and tell people it's OK. Well guess what, it's not OK. There's problems in the society that apathy only worsen. Time to stand up against this downward spiral. If you are the successful connected person you claim to be, you would be the perfect person to take a stand. Making excuses helps no one. Excuses get good people in jail or killed. I hope you see where I am coming from. It's not out of anger towards you.

Archived