Laremy Tunsil - Ole Miss violations

Barnacle

On 8/25/2016 at 11:30 AM, AUsince72 said:

The bizarre thing to me is that apparently it WAS proven that Cam's dad was shopping him around and wasn't also proven that MSU DID offer him $$ to go there but were refused?  How did THEY not get hammered during that investigation.  I mean, it was their radio guy who even brought it up in the first place and that was because they turned his beloved Bullpups down and went to Auburn.  The investigation wouldn't have even started if it wasn't for that chucklehead.

Note: I'm not 100% on these "facts".  I'm just going by 6 year old memories but I THINK I'm correct...

You're facts are correct, sort of.  I listened to the John Bond radio interview with Buck (Belue) and Kincaid on Atlanta sports radio..."this is a Mississippi State problem".  The regret in his voice while making the statement made it sound like a suicide sign off.  As for "shopping him around", I believe it was much more aggressive from the other side.  Mullen knew what was there with Cam, nobody else really did.  Cam had zero commitable offers at the time (Egg Bowl weekend).  He did not get an offer from Auburn until about January.  There was no bidding war.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived