Laremy Tunsil - Ole Miss violations

Barnacle

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, alexava said:

They reached beyond their jurisdiction anyway. 

Right, it was above and beyond and penalizing the kids who had nothing to do with the appalling activity that was going on behind the scenes.

47 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Right, it was above and beyond and penalizing the kids who had nothing to do with the appalling activity that was going on behind the scenes.

At the same time, you have to admit a decades long cover-up of the reprehensible actions of a member of the athletic staff, inside of athletic facilities and in connection with school sponsored activities, is pretty much the definition of lack of institutional control.  Do you spare the corrupt institution to protect the innocent who happened to be in the wrong place when the corruption comes to light, or do you hammer the institution into oblivion and give the innocent a free pass to start over elsewhere?

I, personally, think Penn State should have had to fire everyone with even the slightest involvement and start over with a clean slate after taking a year off to think about what they did. Apparently they didn't learn much from what punishment they did get...
This... from a Penn State grad... http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/penn-state-joe-paterno-jerry-sandusky-sexual-abuse-scandal

13 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

At the same time, you have to admit a decades long cover-up of the reprehensible actions of a member of the athletic staff, inside of athletic facilities and in connection with school sponsored activities, is pretty much the definition of lack of institutional control.  Do you spare the corrupt institution to protect the innocent who happened to be in the wrong place when the corruption comes to light, or do you hammer the institution into oblivion and give the innocent a free pass to start over elsewhere?

I, personally, think Penn State should have had to fire everyone with even the slightest involvement and start over with a clean slate after taking a year off to think about what they did. Apparently they didn't learn much from what punishment they did get...
This... from a Penn State grad... http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/penn-state-joe-paterno-jerry-sandusky-sexual-abuse-scandal

I think you're spot on. Fire everyone that had any ties and start over. That would've been appropriate. Not putting a program full of innocent players on probation. They weren't the ones committing and covering up these crimes.

11 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I think you're spot on. Fire everyone that had any ties and start over. That would've been appropriate. Not putting a program full of innocent players on probation. They weren't the ones committing and covering up these crimes.

No probation... kill the program for a year and let the players all go to other Div 1 schools and start immediately.  As innocent as the players were, the program was rotten and according to some, like the writer of that article, still has some rot festering under the surface.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

No probation... kill the program for a year and let the players all go to other Div 1 schools and start immediately.  As innocent as the players were, the program was rotten and according to some, like the writer of that article, still has some rot festering under the surface.

That would've ensured they had a completely fresh start too. That probably would've been the best thing.

There seems to be a least a little bit of rot going on at OleMiss too. When back to back Athletic Director's & back to back coaching regimes are named in a NOA + women's basketball + track & field + rumors that men's basketball will be added to the long laundry list of infractions that's Lack of Institutional Control at it's finest.  It's like the Institution totally failed to monitor anything going on in it's athletic department for years.  Where the hell was the Ole Miss Compliance all these years?  Did the even have a Compliance staff?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2016 at 7:17 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

OM was not even trying to hide a lot of the minor stuff. This should not be a shock to anyone. Still don't think the NCAA will do anything but slap OM on the wrist.

unless they keep beating Bama, then the boom gets lowered...

• 3 weeks later...

Article today I read from Pat Forde for Yahoo. It says the investigation into Ole Miss has expanded beyond Tunsil. It says that the NCAA has been to both AU and Miss St to talk with players. Interesting.

35 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Article today I read from Pat Forde for Yahoo. It says the investigation into Ole Miss has expanded beyond Tunsil. It says that the NCAA has been to both AU and Miss St to talk with players. Interesting.

Makes sense.  We have players that signed with AU, but during recruitment they were literally paid to visit Ole Miss.  Those guys reported it to the AU coaches at the time.  Ole Miss has over half a dozen boosters that they disassociated since this investigation started back 3-4 years ago.

39 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

They are offering these players immunity in exchange for information about Ole Miss recruiting practices. On the one hand, immunity may lead to truthful information. On the other hand, it opens the door 4 Kids to say whatever they want and potentially be taken at their word. So in essence, this is very bad news for Mississippi.

Pat Forde was absolutely one of the leaders of the media bashing and convicting of Cam and Auburn in 2010.  He just KNEW they were guilty and he was working on proving it everyday.  I still remember him on one of those BSPN talking head shows "JUST ADMIT IT! JUST ADMIT IT!"  He's the TMZ/Enquirer of college football.  Take info from him with a grain of salt.

in this day and time most teams are considered guilty until proven innocent it would seem. as for the rec working overtime i believe it comes down to this........do stuff the right way and it all becomes pretty much a moot point.......

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

in this day and time most teams are considered guilty until proven innocent it would seem. as for the rec working overtime i believe it comes down to this........do stuff the right way and it all becomes pretty much a moot point.......

That is VERY MUCH Pat Forde's MO....  Guess it makes for good click-bait.

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

That is VERY MUCH Pat Forde's MO....  Guess it makes for good click-bait.

Yep just like his Yahoo article (I know I know Yahoo).  But Title is "NCAA's Ole Miss investigation expands" and whats right below that "Auburn and Miss State". Seeing Auburn made me of course click on it.  After reading why Auburn was even mentioned was because NCAA talked to other players that were recruited by Ole Miss but signed with someone else.  Also thought it was funny that he mentioned the NCAA also talked to "one other SEC Western team" but funny he didn't mentioned that one by name just Auburn and Mississippi State.

1 minute ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

Yep just like his Yahoo article (I know I know Yahoo).  

Don't knock Yahoo... they may lack relevance in the overall Internet, but their sports group has been on the forefront of breaking stories about schools cheating. I remember many times when they would dip their toe in the murky waters around bama and we would all cross our fingers that they would find something damning enough that the NCAA couldn't cover it up for Saban.

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Yep and "perhaps one other SEC Western team", funny didn't mention them by name.  Guess they are the "team to be named later".

Just now, AUfan_UAgrad said:

Yep just like his Yahoo article (I know I know Yahoo).  But Title is "Sources: NCAA's Ole Miss investigation expands" and whats right below that "Auburn and Miss State". Seeing Auburn made me of course click on it.  After reading why Auburn was even mentioned was because NCAA talked to other players that were recruited by Ole Miss but signed with someone else.  Also thought it was funny that he mentioned the NCAA also talked to "one other SEC Western team" but funny he didn't mentioned that one by name just Auburn and Mississippi State.

...yeah, I'm sure he's already burned the Auburn bridge but he wants to keep the Bammer and LSWho bridges intact....until he can spout something salacious about one of them..

10 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Don't knock Yahoo... they may lack relevance in the overall Internet, but their sports group has been on the forefront of breaking stories about schools cheating. I remember many times when they would dip their toe in the murky waters around bama and we would all cross our fingers that they would find something damning enough that the NCAA couldn't cover it up for Saban.

Bama will never be investigated while Saban is there.  Teams (including us) have been investigated for far less then what has come out about Bama over the past several years.  I do applaud Yahoo for breaking the stories they do, some probably would have never seen the light of day.  My question that I always ask my Bama friends is "do you honestly think you could survive an investigation with all that has come out over the past several years."  Most say probably not and the ones that do say yes I just start naming off the "incidents" and by the end of it they change their tune.  To be honest though I didn't think we would come out of the Cam investigation without getting something.

8 minutes ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

Bama will never be investigated while Saban is there.  Teams (including us) have been investigated for far less then what has come out about Bama over the past several years.  I do applaud Yahoo for breaking the stories they do, some probably would have never seen the light of day.  My question that I always ask my Bama friends is "do you honestly think you could survive an investigation with all that has come out over the past several years."  Most say probably not and the ones that do say yes I just start naming off the "incidents" and by the end of it they change their tune.  To be honest though I didn't think we would come out of the Cam investigation without getting something.

The fact that bammer fans would actually let you speak and name them off before just getting in your face with a RTR or naming off the score of the last game, etc. is amazing!  

You should take pictures and write a blog about these mythical creatures....

3 minutes ago, Butthead said:

seems stale piss is going to get hammered.  the only questions are when and how badly.

The bizarre thing to me is that apparently it WAS proven that Cam's dad was shopping him around and wasn't also proven that MSU DID offer him $$ to go there but were refused?  How did THEY not get hammered during that investigation.  I mean, it was their radio guy who even brought it up in the first place and that was because they turned his beloved Bullpups down and went to Auburn.  The investigation wouldn't have even started if it wasn't for that chucklehead.

Note: I'm not 100% on these "facts".  I'm just going by 6 year old memories but I THINK I'm correct...

In fairness, there was never any proof that MSU offered money. The conclusions of the investigation were that Cecil solicited money, made the request to two MSU boosters, and no one from the university ever made an offer. The investigation also resolved without evidence that Cecil ever actually received anything.

In essence, the only allegation was against Cecil. Not MSU. Not Auburn. Not Cam.

Archived