Laremy Tunsil - Ole Miss violations

Barnacle

http://deadspin.com/someones-been-trying-to-sell-that-laremy-tunsil-gas-mas-1773782920

Good article. Apparently someone was trying to sell that video two weeks ago,

"We did nothing after that. We will pay for a good story (email us!), but a college kid smoking weed is not a story at all.

(Nor, it should be noted, is a college kid getting money from coaches to help pay his rent. What is news in that text exchange posted to Instagram is a multi-million-dollar program nickel-and-diming a college kid over a utility bill.)"

I think this out things into perspective nicely.

You got ur facts wrong on this. The money was to pay his moms monthly utility bill. The inference in the text is that Ole Miss had agreed on an amount to pay on a monthly basis.

Go read the messages again. I'm not wrong. Also, that was a quote from Deadspin, which is also accurate.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure he posted 8nstagram photos of him holding a lot of money when he comitted there. I said it was fishy when they were reeling in recruits left and right when Freeze first got there.

Quotes from Rashan Gary's mom on Ole Miss recruiting tactics, fwiw

http://www.chatsport...g-tactics-28587

I'm told Clemson is the school she is talking about. And UM is playing the game. Meeting RG's mom everyone knew that RG's recruitment was going to be on the up and up. Bid fan of RG and his mom. Hope the kid gets a chance in the NFL.

I'm told Clemson is the school she is talking about. And UM is playing the game. Meeting RG's mom everyone knew that RG's recruitment was going to be on the up and up. Bid fan of RG and his mom. Hope the kid gets a chance in the NFL.

Yeah I kind of assumed that there are certain kids that you absolutely need to stay on the up and up with. Good for them though. I hope he does well too.

Yeah I kind of assumed that there are certain kids that you absolutely need to stay on the up and up with. Good for them though. I hope he does well too.

Derrick Brown was another.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! Things are getting dicey at Ole Miss.

I saw where Freeze has ask that the deposition in the Miller/Tunsil civil case be sealed as he's afraid the NCAA could gain access to the information and use it against him the in OleMiss investigation. The Ole Miss Asst AD will also be questioned in the deposition.

WOW! Things are getting dicey at Ole Miss.

I saw where Freeze has ask that the deposition in the Miller/Tunsil civil case be sealed as he's afraid the NCAA could gain access to the information and use it against him the in OleMiss investigation. The Ole Miss Asst AD will also be questioned in the deposition.

Gotta love it... lie in court or bare your soul to the NCAA. Talk about a rock and a hard place scenario. I hope that they deny his request and make him sing like a canary.

Lets not forget some coach gave money to Clinton-Dix at Bama ........ Nothing really came of that because the NCAA is weak.

"Clinton-Dix?" C'mon! I can do you one better.

Yahoo.com posted a story 2 1/2 years ago about improper activities at Alabama. They provided documents, including a Western Union receipt from Luther Davis to DJ Fluker.

The NCAA's response? "Yeah. But, that's yahoo.com. It's not like we're talking about Google here. Nothing to see. Move along."

Lets not forget some coach gave money to Clinton-Dix at Bama ........ Nothing really came of that because the NCAA is weak.

"Clinton-Dix?" C'mon! I can do you one better.

Yahoo.com posted a story 2 1/2 years ago about improper activities at Alabama. They provided documents, including a Western Union receipt from Luther Davis to DJ Fluker.

The NCAA's response? "Yeah. But, that's yahoo.com. It's not like we're talking about Google here. Nothing to see. Move along."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--documents--texts-reveal-impermissible-benefits-to-five-sec-players-202513237.html

The NCAA has yet to do one thing to NC for the widespread academic fraud that existed for over a decade. They are still supposedly investigating the matter? They are a toothless organization.

Disagree with Keesler; But not really disagree. they are not toothless, they have the tools. They are gutless when it comes to bama. But you are right, useless

Disagree with Keesler; But not really disagree. they are not toothless, they have the tools. They are gutless when it comes to bama. But you are right, useless

Why haven't they done ANYTHING to North Carl then? That's freaking academic fraud on a grand scale - if that's not Lack of Institutional Control and Failure to Monitor then I don't know what is? My God, it's right before their eyes and a well documented case with no "he said/she said" crap to weed through....it's right there in black 'n white. And they've done nothing!

Why haven't they done ANYTHING to North Carl then? That's freaking academic fraud on a grand scale - if that's not Lack of Institutional Control and Failure to Monitor then I don't know what is? My God, it's right before their eyes and a well documented case with no "he said/she said" crap to weed through....it's right there in black 'n white. And they've done nothing!

You don't see the pattern? UNC = BBall cash cow, bama = football cash cow, Penn St? they're a nobody these days. Let a school like Kansas St or UCF get these allegations and watch the hammer fall. It's officially become a mafia. Get in and become a big fish and your covered no matter what...be a small guy and you'll get leaned on heavy. It might as well be extortion at this point.

You don't see the pattern? UNC = BBall cash cow, bama = football cash cow, Penn St? they're a nobody these days. Let a school like Kansas St or UCF get these allegations and watch the hammer fall. It's officially become a mafia. Get in and become a big fish and your covered no matter what...be a small guy and you'll get leaned on heavy. It might as well be extortion at this point.

Well the NCAA overhauled their Compliance division just a few months ago and our very own Rich McGlynn serves on the NCAA Compliance committee now. One would hope that some semblance of justice and balance would have been infused into the NCAA by now?

Well the NCAA overhauled their Compliance division just a few months ago and our very own Rich McGlynn serves on the NCAA Compliance committee now. One would hope that some semblance of justice and balance would have been infused into the NCAA by now?

That's like assuming a congressman will change the country. They can fight the good fight, but unless the majority of them are on that same page, one guy is just that. One guy. Hopefully he will be able to "turn the tide"

Why haven't they done ANYTHIG to North Carl then? That's freaking academic fraud on a grand scale - if that's not Lack of Institutional Control and Failure to Monitor then I don't know what is? My God, it's right before their eyes and a well documented case with no "he said/she said" crap to weed through....it's right there in black 'n white. And they've done nothing!

That's like assuming a congressman will change the country. They can fight the good fight, but unless the majority of them are on that same page, one guy is just that. One guy. Hopefully he will be able to "turn the tide"

Listen, I'm not as hung up on the "tide" as many folks on this board. I do however want to see SOME type of action on straight out academic fraud that has gone on for over a freaking decade on a grand scale. The NCAA has done nothing to NC and that's just ludicrous IMO.

Why haven't they done ANYTHIG to North Carl then? That's freaking academic fraud on a grand scale - if that's not Lack of Institutional Control and Failure to Monitor then I don't know what is? My God, it's right before their eyes and a well documented case with no "he said/she said" crap to weed through....it's right there in black 'n white. And they've done nothing!

Listen, I'm not as hung up on the "tide" as many folks on this board. I do however want to see SOME type of action on straight out academic fraud that has gone on for over a freaking decade on a grand scale. The NCAA has done nothing to NC and that's just ludicrous IMO.

Some penalties have been applied, coaches and academic staff fired by UNC along the way...but nothing major that NCAA has imposed. Problem is that UNC and NCAA keep finding more stuff and guess there is a reluctance by NCAA to stop an investigation that seems to have no end point. I recall reading a while back that a coach of a women's sport was complaining that her program was being hurt by the cloud over the school....for things unrelated their sports. http://www.wralsport...-team/14692418/

This is probably the most institutionally pervasive series of violations that the NCAA has ever faced. And also there state is investigating a lot of things too.

There is more going on at UNC that people in the deep south realize. The mess is far from resolved and around here, nobody feels that UNC is going to get off.

There has probably never been a better case for the death penalty.....but probably like in our legal system, the death penalty is very hard to actually apply.

Well, as long as the hammer is coming for them then I will be satisfied no matter how long it takes for the NCAA to drop it. That crap at NC is institutional to the core and went on for a long damn time.

Some penalties have been applied, coaches and academic staff fired by UNC along the way...but nothing major that NCAA has imposed. Problem is that UNC and NCAA keep finding more stuff and guess there is a reluctance by NCAA to stop an investigation that seems to have no end point. I recall reading a while back that a coach of a women's sport was complaining that her program was being hurt by the cloud over the school....for things unrelated their sports. http://www.wralsport...-team/14692418/

This is probably the most institutionally pervasive series of violations that the NCAA has ever faced. And also there state is investigating a lot of things too.

There is more going on at UNC that people in the deep south realize. The mess is far from resolved and around here, nobody feels that UNC is going to get off.

There has probably never been a better case for the death penalty.....but probably like in our legal system, the death penalty is very hard to actually apply.

I live in NC. UNC here is much like Bama back home- it has most of the major law graduates and a great journalism school. It'll be tough to hit them hard. The whole state, minus the Duke bunch, pretty much looks the other way.

But you are assuming the NCAA has finished its investigation and just walked away from all of it. None of us here know anything about how far along that investigation is or what they found or continue to find. Just because penalties aren't announced the day after the story breaks, doesn't mean there won't be penalties. Sometimes it takes a while.

I doubt it would ever happen but I would love for them to get in major trouble just once while Sabear is there just to put a blot on his time.

I live in NC. UNC here is much like Bama back home- it has most of the major law graduates and a great journalism school. It'll be tough to hit them hard. The whole state, minus the Duke bunch, pretty much looks the other way.

If you are in NC, then you recall the Raleigh newspaper broke the story and has done a pretty good job of keeping it in the news. The Charlotte paper...not so much since they are mostly caught up in the LGBT controversy and are devoting most of their energy and news space to that subject....and any space left over goes to the Panthers. The Observer barely covers college sports any more.

UNC is not off the hook IMO....but it might have more sympathy from the NCAA than in the state. For years the NCAA has touted the school as an example of a university that could do it all... excel academically as well as in sports. Little did they know.....or maybe they were just fooling everyone.

Archived