Laremy Tunsil - Ole Miss violations

Barnacle

WDE, do you think it's only a slap because if OM received punishment, OM would start an issue as to why they were given a harsh punishment and ua is still most likely to get little to nothing in the way of punishment?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WDE, do you think it's only a slap because if OM received punishment, OM would start an issue as to why they were given a harsh punishment and ua is still most likely to get little to nothing in the way of punishment?

Keep in mind that OM sat him down for most of the season....probably as much as NCAA would have done. Not saying that's it....but I give them a little credit for not trying to drag it out during the season in order to keep him on the field. JMO but they will feel some more pain though.

Interesting too that an NFL official dragged him out of the presser when he started yacking about OM......another problem child for the NFL to look after.....starting about 30 seconds after he was drafted.

Only Ole Miss can turn what should have been a celebratory story about having 3 first round draft picks into this kinda of a cluster.

I know ridiculous. Congrats to them but that's all the talk now.

The most damning thing: "I thought we agreed on an amount". Wow. That could conceivably go all the way back to his recruitment.

NCAA is going to go TCU on them.

I think you mean "SMU."

I was thinking 2014 Sugar Bowl, but that might happen too.

I think it is worse that Tunsil was already investigated and none of this came to light then, despite members of the staff knowing about it.

Seems like the penalties moves from "slap on the wrist" to "oh crap" when the NCAA feels it is being misled, lied to, or otherwise not being cooperated with.

Assuming all this evidence is legitimate, of course.

Only Ole Miss can turn what should have been a celebratory story about having 3 first round draft picks into this kinda of a cluster.

Haha! Only Ole Piss!!

I think it is worse that Tunsil was already investigated and none of this came to light then, despite members of the staff knowing about it.

Seems like the penalties moves from "slap on the wrist" to "oh crap" when the NCAA feels it is being misled, lied to, or otherwise not being cooperated with.

Or it just proves that the NCAA is inept.

Or it just proves that the NCAA is inept.

There's certainly a level of ineptitude and a level of corruption there, but they are also just incapable. If a school plans their under the table dealings properly, the NCAA can't find them. They have no subpoena power and no legal authority of any kind, so they can't dig into people's personal records unless they are publicly available. You know any school participating in these kinds of activities is employing the kind of people who know how to make sure the records of any transactions are locked up and or sanitized to prevent prying eyes. The only way the NCAA can truly catch someone is if they a can get someone to talk, or if an athlete doesn't cover things up on their end.

They've started a haiku thread over at tRant. My favorites so far:

I'd have to say no

Oh, you mean those messages

I'd have to say yes

Lighting up my bong

Take a hit through my gas mask

The world needs to know

http://deadspin.com/someones-been-trying-to-sell-that-laremy-tunsil-gas-mas-1773782920

Good article. Apparently someone was trying to sell that video two weeks ago,

"We did nothing after that. We will pay for a good story (email us!), but a college kid smoking weed is not a story at all.

(Nor, it should be noted, is a college kid getting money from coaches to help pay his rent. What is news in that text exchange posted to Instagram is a multi-million-dollar program nickel-and-diming a college kid over a utility bill.)"

I think this out things into perspective nicely.

OM was not even trying to hide a lot of the minor stuff. This should not be a shock to anyone. Still don't think the NCAA will do anything but slap OM on the wrist.

If valid proof is brought against OM, and nothing happens, then I hope AU ramps up the $$$. bama getting off clean is one thing, OM getting off clean is a whole different thing.

I like how different the case of DJ Fluker confessing to taking money from Luther Davis and this Tunsill are playing out in the media.

I would be willing to bet that the two punishments will be totally different also.

After the Penn State penalties blew up in their face, NCAA has backed off and pretty much done nothing anywhere. Look at Miami. Could any situation in all of college sports have been worse? That was SMU and UNLV level shite happening. What did NCAA do? Screwed around and then walked away. And now with UNC. The UNC academic fraud has been going on for two decades. The NCAA has enough solid evidence to burn the program down. Yet the whole thing has piddled along for years with zero result. Is Rick Pitino sweating at Louisville because some hookers provided frequent services to his guys? Not really.

Ole Miss doesn't have the NCAA clout that many other schools do. They might actually get slapped on the wrist -- just a little love tap, mind you. But probably not. After all, former players at many schools -- ahem, ahem -- say they received money and can't even read -- ahem, ahem -- and what happened? Nothing.

After the Penn State penalties blew up in their face, NCAA has backed off and pretty much done nothing anywhere. Look at Miami. Could any situation in all of college sports have been worse? That was SMU and UNLV level shite happening. What did NCAA do? Screwed around and then walked away. And now with UNC. The UNC academic fraud has been going on for two decades. The NCAA has enough solid evidence to burn the program down. Yet the whole thing has piddled along for years with zero result. Is Rick Pitino sweating at Louisville because some hookers provided frequent services to his guys? Not really.

Ole Miss doesn't have the NCAA clout that many other schools do. They might actually get slapped on the wrist -- just a little love tap, mind you. But probably not. After all, former players at many schools -- ahem, ahem -- say they received money and can't even read -- ahem, ahem -- and what happened? Nothing.

UL did voluntarily sit out post season games this year. Their just hoping the NCAA doesn't start collecting championship trophies and rings.

UL did voluntarily sit out post season games this year. Their just hoping the NCAA doesn't start collecting championship trophies and rings.

NCAA has hit a few people recently but it seems like the big institutional stuff stymies.

them. They can deal with petty crime but the "mafia" programs are too complex and tight knit to crack.

OM may fall into the mafia category with multiple sports involved....but maybe not. UNC , bama and Miami are institutional criminals IMO.

Regardless of what tunsil may have done .., if the financial advisor is proven to have leaked the video, which the article says cost him 7 draft spots, then I hope that former advisor is crushed.

http://deadspin.com/someones-been-trying-to-sell-that-laremy-tunsil-gas-mas-1773782920

"We did nothing after that. We will pay for a good story (email us!), but a college kid smoking weed is not a story at all.

(Nor, it should be noted, is a college kid getting money from coaches to help pay his rent. What is news in that text exchange posted to Instagram is a multi-million-dollar program nickel-and-diming a college kid over a utility bill.)"

You got ur facts wrong on this. The money was to pay his moms monthly utility bill. The inference in the text is that Ole Miss had agreed on an amount to pay on a monthly basis.

You got ur facts wrong on this. The money was to pay his moms monthly utility bill. The inference in the text is that Ole Miss had agreed on an amount to pay on a monthly basis.

Just ask Pat Dye how serious this is. If this is ok, the NCAA owes Auburn and PD a boatload of money

Archived