JJ with first team O

Charhair

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is awesome....better than Seinfeld reruns...keep it coming

Don't insult Seinfeld by lumping it into this garbage.

I don't know...Seinfeld was the "show about nothing"...kinda fits this discussion. :-\

^Who do we have that is? And why the HELL are we seemingly the only program in the west with these issues?!

What?

TAMU was the first thing that came to mind when he said that. How many QBs have they had flame out or transfer after Manziel? 3?

This thread is awesome....better than Seinfeld reruns...keep it coming

Don't insult Seinfeld by lumping it into this garbage.

I don't know...Seinfeld was the "show about nothing"...kinda fits this discussion. :-\/>

And George was awfully neurotic, so perhaps the Seinfeld analogy fits more than I initially thought.

^Who do we have that is? And why the HELL are we seemingly the only program in the west with these issues?!

What?

TAMU was the first thing that came to mind when he said that. How many QBs have they had flame out or transfer after Manziel? 3?

Trevor Knight might be adequate. Now, if JF3's accuracy issues were just today and the reviews the players are giving him are accurate, then maybe we're in good hands. But WDE's prognosis has me very worried/angry.

What?

Trevor Knight might be adequate. Now, if JF3's accuracy issues were just today and the reviews the players are giving him are accurate, then maybe we're in good hands. But WDE's prognosis has me very worried/angry.

It seems that you are overly angry about a lot of things.LOL

I'm told at lunch that JFIII is fast but can't hit the side of a barn with the football. And he is skinny. Real skinny. Broke in half skinny.

all of this information was known to anyone who studied up on him when we started recruiting him. I don't see him in the qb race after the first week of fall camp if that long. This will be Sean's offense.

What?

It seems that you are overly angry about a lot of things.LOL

Thinking about how bright our future looked two years ago does that. Does Gus have the ability to change my mind? Absolutely.

What?

You have a right to be worried because of last season's outcome(I'm assuming most of us are), but to be angered after 5 practices and one guy's opinions of the same 5 practices seems to be an overreaction. You seem to have a perpetually negative outlook on things--note that I'm not calling you a troll or bammer because you don't exhibit those tendencies because you appear to actually care for the program.

All I'm saying is let's see how the rest of Spring and Fall practices shake out before we step out onto the ledge. We will know a lot about this team early in the season going up against Clemson, which I think is a good thing. I'd rather go up against a formidable opponent and see how the team does than play a cupcake that'll get our hopes up.

I'm told at lunch that JFIII is fast but can't hit the side of a barn with the football. And he is skinny. Real skinny. Broke in half skinny.

You'd be right.... He and Markell are in one of my classes, and admittedly, the kid isn't big. Markell makes him look downright minuscule. Though at the same time, a summer can change that depending on the plan. I don't know too much else simply because I don't really plug the guys on information except for practice schedule and general, "How's everything with the spring?" type questions.

Give me Jeremy's size, Sean's brain, and JF3's agility/quicks all in one body.

Sorry... he plays for the Carolina Panthers.

None of those guys should even be mentioned in the same sentence besides they all played for Auburn with cam

Reading most of the comments here no wonder AU athletics suck like they do right now. Just as long as we have funnel cakes and the eagle flies good most here will be satisfied. :dunno:/>

So overreacting from 4 spring practices is a better choice?

Overreacting? AU FINISHED LAST IN THE SEC WEST LAST YEAR. I guess as long as AU gives uat a good game everyone is happy? Keep you head in the sand. And enjoy the funnel cakes. And enjoy 6 win seasons.

Honestly that's just a dumb response. No one is sticking their head in the sand. Most everyone you reference (and I imagine Gus as well) realizes this is a make or break year for Gus. But to base your ideas for the upcoming season on 4 SPRING practices is just ridiculous.

WDE is extremely pissed about the Craig situation. Therefore, everything else Gus does from now on will be bashed. Something on that deal touched a little too close to home. He's been on all out tirade ever since. Best just to ignore the bashing until he cools off.

I'm not pissed about the DC deal. In fact this could be a good thing for AU. All of the offensive coaches will be pulling in the same direction. And getting Hand is big time. I'm just :dunno: that Gus is wasting his time with JJ.

The DL stood out. The OL struggled.

Carlton Davis is AU's best player. Better than Lawson.

I think CD is lights out for sure, but how can that be an absolute type statement if one of the QB's can't even hit the side of the barn? And what proven WR currently does AU have that he is he locking down?

My point is, anything we hear at lunch or read on a board is opinion. I trust yours, but absolute type statements from anyone should be accepted with some level of skepticism IMO.

I was told that Davis play looks effortless and natural. He just shuts down anyone he goes against and does it with ease. And he has really taken on to the S&C part also. Bulked up and has not lost a step. Lawson is elite but I'm told Davis just has "it".

And the one QB I was talking about didn't get many, 2 or 3, snaps at QB. Most were JJ. 2 plays JF3 made some good runs after being pressured.

Tony Stevens, Kyle Davis and Slayton have all looked good. WR will not be an issue this year. IMO.

OL looked ok.

And watch out for Prince Tega. When the light comes on full he is going to dominate.

I think CD is lights out for sure, but how can that be an absolute type statement if one of the QB's can't even hit the side of the barn? And what proven WR currently does AU have that he is he locking down?

My point is, anything we hear at lunch or read on a board is opinion. I trust yours, but absolute type statements from anyone should be accepted with some level of skepticism IMO.

I was told that Davis play looks effortless and natural. He just shuts down anyone he goes against and does it with ease. And he has really taken on to the S&C part also. Bulked up and has not lost a step. Lawson is elite but I'm told Davis just has "it".

And the one QB I was talking about didn't get many, 2 or 3, snaps at QB. Most were JJ. 2 plays JF3 made some good runs after being pressured.

Tony Stevens, Kyle Davis and Slayton have all looked good. WR will not be an issue this year. IMO.

OL looked ok.

And watch out for Prince Tega. When the light comes on full he is going to dominate.

Thanks for the info WDE.

OL looked ok.

Thanks for the info WDE.

At the end of next year, Darius Slayton will be the WR we talk most about.

OL looked ok.

Thanks for the info, WDE. Out of curiosity, who got the majority of the snaps at QB during Thursday's practice?

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn used the phrase ‘wow factor’ to describe John Franklin III’s running ability after Thursday’s practice. Malzahn struggled coming up with similar praise for the quarterbacks Franklin is competing with this spring. Malzahn struggled coming up with similar praise for the quarterbacks Franklin is competing with this spring.

“He throws the ball well we are just trying to get his timing down on the base offense as far the run game, as far as the pass game, but he’s naturally fast,” Malzahn said of Franklin. “When he takes off running, you know he’s got the wow factor. He can really run.”

Auburn fullback Chandler Cox watches and blocks for Franklin at practice, but still managed to be impressed with the quarterback’s speed when he reviews film. “He's fast,” Cox said. “I was watching tape in the film room, I was like, 'Wow, he's quick.' That's something that every team needs back there, really. That's something we also need, some speed. He has it.”

Fellow fullback Kamryn Pettway kept his description of Franklin’s speed simple — “he’s a beast.”

Read more here: http://www.ledger-en...l#storylink=cpy

Well it looks like the H-Backs like having a fast QB back there to cover up when they miss a block :lol: Just kidding but I'm interested in seeing what the WRs say about the QBs.

That is interesting though Cox said "that's what we need". Glowing comments from the 2 H-Backs. I don't think Pettway would call him a beast if he wasn't impressed.

Surely nobody will be surprised to read any of this.

At least no one who's seen a picture of the kid on the practice field.

Sorry, but there is no way JFIII starts. I don't even think he gets many snaps at QB. If anyone had the potential to do this, it was Jason Smith and he is playing WR. Jason Smith was a much better QB at this point in time than JFIII. JFIII will likely get relegated to the Mccaleb role.

Sorry, but there is no way JFIII starts. I don't even think he gets many snaps at QB. If anyone had the potential to do this, it was Jason Smith and he is playing WR. Jason Smith was a much better QB at this point in time than JFIII. JFIII will likely get relegated to the Mccaleb role.

What is this assessment based on?

Too early to write anyone off at this point.

JJ has the tools, he just needs to get over the mental block. Difficult, but possible.

Sean is fearless, smart, and accurate. He can easily be serviceable, and potentially very good.

Queen has a lot of potential. A "pitch count" in the Spring isn't the kiss of death, but he is most likely behind the others right now.

If the only knocks on "Wow factor" JF3 is that he is skinny and he has accuracy issues, both can be improved drastically between now and September.

We all know that the QB position is the biggest question mark concerning the success of this coming season. We eagerly seek any scrap of info to give us insight on what's happening with the QB race. I appreciate the info and the discussion, but the bottom line is, it's way too early to know how it's going to play out.

With all that said, can we start Joey Gatewood's eligibility now? Lol.

What is this assessment based on?

Opinion, like every other post on this site.

Archived