JJ with first team O

Charhair

I'm told at lunch that JFIII is fast but can't hit the side of a barn with the football. And he is skinny. Real skinny. Broke in half skinny.

One I never heard of. lol

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is nothing wrong with giving a senior a fair shot. You don't want to dwell on the past, live in the past, but you can learn from it. That goes for both Coach and player. I am a JJ fan for sure, but I am a fan of the next man up too. If JJ can get the job done then IMO he deserves the nod. If JF3 can take the spot from him...then so be it. I don't consider TQ or WB in the running quite yet. As for SW, I think he is a good player that has to find his niche in this style of offense. As a LSU or Bama type offense QB (I form, Ace back w TE's, etc...) I think he would be excellent with PA fakes and floods in the flats. Competition is good for everyone though

Agreed,

I think it's obvious now that Gus can't develop a QB. Feed JJ to Clemson and then start WB so that his confidence isn't destroyed. Hell, while we're at it, give Mike Horton the start at LT. If this season is going to be a dumpster fire, let's make the most out of that dumpster fire.

Nine more months till the twelve year nightmare known as Jay Jacobs' tenure as AD is over...

The DL stood out. The OL struggled.

Carlton Davis is AU's best player. Better than Lawson.

I think CD is lights out for sure, but how can that be an absolute type statement if one of the QB's can't even hit the side of the barn? And what proven WR currently does AU have that he is he locking down?

My point is, anything we hear at lunch or read on a board is opinion. I trust yours, but absolute type statements from anyone should be accepted with some level of skepticism IMO.

I think CD is lights out for sure, but how can that be an absolute type statement if one of the QB's can't even hit the side of the barn? And what proven WR currently does AU have that he is he locking down?

My point is, anything we hear at lunch or read on a board is opinion. I trust yours, but absolute type statements from anyone should be accepted with some level of skepticism IMO.

Especially bigbird

Especially bigbird

Absolutely. Lol..

Reading most of the comments here no wonder AU athletics suck like they do right now. Just as long as we have funnel cakes and the eagle flies good most here will be satisfied. :dunno:/>

So overreacting from 4 spring practices is a better choice?

Overreacting? AU FINISHED LAST IN THE SEC WEST LAST YEAR. I guess as long as AU gives uat a good game everyone is happy? Keep you head in the sand. And enjoy the funnel cakes. And enjoy 6 win seasons.

Honestly that's just a dumb response. No one is sticking their head in the sand. Most everyone you reference (and I imagine Gus as well) realizes this is a make or break year for Gus. But to base your ideas for the upcoming season on 4 SPRING practices is just ridiculous.

WDE is extremely pissed about the Craig situation. Therefore, everything else Gus does from now on will be bashed. Something on that deal touched a little too close to home. He's been on all out tirade ever since. Best just to ignore the bashing until he cools off.

Reading most of the comments here no wonder AU athletics suck like they do right now. Just as long as we have funnel cakes and the eagle flies good most here will be satisfied. :dunno:/>

So overreacting from 4 spring practices is a better choice?

Overreacting? AU FINISHED LAST IN THE SEC WEST LAST YEAR. I guess as long as AU gives uat a good game everyone is happy? Keep you head in the sand. And enjoy the funnel cakes. And enjoy 6 win seasons.

Finally. Someone that makes sense. Even if tickets were free things have to change. Look at our record vs lsu and ugly. We suck. Period. Look at us vs Wisconsin in bowl game. we stunk.

Who is in charge. Same guy wasted no snaps with jj.

^Who do we have that is? And why the HELL are we seemingly the only program in the west with these issues?!

We are the only one that hired a guy from Iowa and a high school coach who has been long figured out. Looooooooong.

Jet sweep is so 2005.

Its the 5th practice of Spring so I'm not too worried if JF3 isn't pinpoint accurate. Go back and watch Nick's first game against Wazzou. He wasn't great. He got better as the season went along but it took till the 2nd half of LSU to get the offense going. The 2 national championship game teams excelled at rushing and not passing. If JF3 can open up offense to allow Jovon, Roc, and Kerryon to run free and grab 100 yards himself then the offense will be fine. Herb Hand taught Gus how to run the zone read so there's also that. If Auburn wants a pure passer then White is the qb for the job.

The idiocy and constant meltdowns by the same few on this board knows no bounds.

VANDY and Kentucky are only teams we can beat......in FOOTBALL.

And I think we play VANDY this year so may have to cut that in half.

Not idiocy. Reality.

Check 2015 record.

I think Vandy has beat us the past two times we've played them.

^Who do we have that is? And why the HELL are we seemingly the only program in the west with these issues?!

We are the only one that hired a guy from Iowa and a high school coach who has been long figured out. Looooooooong.

Jet sweep is so 2005.

The idiocy and constant meltdowns by the same few on this board knows no bounds.

:laugh::laugh::lmao::lmao:

Archived