Gus says: He will be more "Hands On" this spring

AU-24

Gus's 2013 offense was the first SEC offense to lead the nation in rushing (I believe).

That was all off the zone read and execution, sure we had freak athletes but not matter who took the ball they were going to gain yards.

See that SEC championship game, for example

Tre with 300, Nick, Ricardo, CAP and Grant all having good games too. Due to that triple option, not "broken plays" at all.

Cam had a lot more broken plays than Nick did. Both seasons were squeezed out of available talent. Masterful coaching in both.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than LSU, isn't OL a question mark for everyone in the west? They're the only P5 team we play with more returning starters than us, especially since our likely OL starting lineup is two seniors and three juniors--a contrast from one senior, two sophomores, one RS freshman and one true freshman 2012.

Again if it's a question mark for us this year I don't see it not being one anytime in the foreseeable future.

I think (and hope) that linebacker is our biggest question mark. If OL is a problem, that generally brings the whole offense down.

I expect JJ and Roc to be better than any QB/RB duo we have seen under Gus.

Better than Nick Marshall and Tre Mason? You serious, Clark?

JJ doesn't have it. Roc has yet to prove it.

Archived