Why Sandy Hook parents are suing a gunmaker

AUUSN

To Homer: Didn't stumble across anything :)/> I have crazily enough used the same logic that AUUSN did at the beginning of this thread. Since "arms" is not clearly defined, why am I not allowed to keep weaponized small pox in mason jars around my house? Maybe put a few out in my yard, so any potential intruder might step on them... voila, home defense.

To Alexava: The military carries multiple types of shotguns; magazine, drum, and pump I've all seen across various units and service types. I personally like mag and drums, but that's likely due to not growing up shooting pump actions, someone who used it a lot growing up would be more comfortable firing and pumping. To the other post, if I ever bought a firearm for home defense it would be an M16A2 styled AR, or if I can get the cash, I'd get an actual M16A2 (actually legal, but lots of hoops and money) barring that, and much more likely, I would get an M9.

Not because I feel they are optimum home defense weapons of course, but because I have years of experience training with and using these firearms.

I'm glad I read the last sentence because I really don't consider M16s that great of home defense weapons at all.

i have a 9mm in the nightstand and a shotgun in the closet actually several in the closets but one loaded. im good.

My kids are still too young for me to even think about getting a firearm. Maybe in 5 more years... Maybe. :lol:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To Homer: Didn't stumble across anything :)/> I have crazily enough used the same logic that AUUSN did at the beginning of this thread. Since "arms" is not clearly defined, why am I not allowed to keep weaponized small pox in mason jars around my house? Maybe put a few out in my yard, so any potential intruder might step on them... voila, home defense.

To Alexava: The military carries multiple types of shotguns; magazine, drum, and pump I've all seen across various units and service types. I personally like mag and drums, but that's likely due to not growing up shooting pump actions, someone who used it a lot growing up would be more comfortable firing and pumping. To the other post, if I ever bought a firearm for home defense it would be an M16A2 styled AR, or if I can get the cash, I'd get an actual M16A2 (actually legal, but lots of hoops and money) barring that, and much more likely, I would get an M9.

Not because I feel they are optimum home defense weapons of course, but because I have years of experience training with and using these firearms.

I'm glad I read the last sentence because I really don't consider M16s that great of home defense weapons at all.

i have a 9mm in the nightstand and a shotgun in the closet actually several in the closets but one loaded. im good.

If I wanted any weapons, it would be for home defense, and they would only be shotguns or berettas.

My kids are still too young for me to even think about getting a firearm. Maybe in 5 more years... Maybe. :lol:/>

Me too. If I could find a spot near my bed, that I could hide a weapon without the paranoia of the unknown, I would. I have a two year old that's already into everything.

My kids are still too young for me to even think about getting a firearm. Maybe in 5 more years... Maybe. :lol:

my son can load, unload, fire, any gun in my house. he loves guns but is past "playing" with them. my daughter has no interest. I know it is a possibility but i don't really worry about my kids with the guns. I do worry about my kids friends. not any one in particular but just all kids i don't know. and even at that they would have to be doing some serious snooping to get to a loaded gun in my house. it is a double edged sword i guess. if you lock them up secure then you have less access if you need them. my loaded shotgun is not chambered. the pistol is but in a holster.

Me too. If I could find a spot near my bed, that I could hide a weapon without the paranoia of the unknown, I would. I have a two year old that's already into everything.

I have a .38 I hide in the top of my closet where my kids can't get to it, and the ammo is in a lock box for the time being. Can't hide nothing from them.

My kids are still too young for me to even think about getting a firearm. Maybe in 5 more years... Maybe. :lol:/>

when mine were like that nothing was loaded that they could get to. i have a coworker who has a little safe on his nightstand that has a 3 or 4 digit code. i guess that is quick enough.

when mine were like that nothing was loaded that they could get to. i have a coworker who has a little safe on his nightstand that has a 3 or 4 digit code. i guess that is quick enough.

Like Ben did, I'd keep the ammo separate from the weapon I suppose. However I don't want the chance of fumbling with a clip while my booty hole is clinched. And I have the experience to tell you that everything's different once you're puckered up. I'm thinking about just making a really high shelf to store a locked but not loaded weapon. I'm already 6'3 and it would be an arm's length above me.

I have a .38 I hide in the top of my closet where my kids can't get to it, and the ammo is in a lock box for the time being. Can't hide nothing from them.

After my father died, I asked mother where his .38 was. She wasn't really sure, but thought it was in the top of the bedroom linen closet. I found it there fully loaded. Hardly safe from an exploring grandchild. I took it home with me.

Archived